• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

War of the Worlds

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingdom Clasm

Disciple of Truth
With my head to the stars, waiting for a miracle.
It looks like a great movie, and I know it's gonna be really good since Spielburg's the director and writer. Also, since Tom Cruise is in it I know it's gonna be a fantastic movie because he is an AWESOME actor!
Does anybody have any thoughts about it? Does anybody want to see it?
I really would like to hear your opinions guys.

Oathkeeper1313

Id like to see it, looks like a good movie. I mean how bad can Spielburg do anyway, even at his worst he's better than most ( this is an exaggeration but still Spielburg's pretty good)

Last edited by a moderator:

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
I do wanna see the Movie because i read the book like 2 years back so yeah i really wanna see differances between them. From what i can see it looks like a farily decent movie so yeah im most likly gonna go see it

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I havn't read the book but I do want to see this movie.

I'm not a particular fan of Spielberg (A.I. bored me and Minority Report was uninteresting to me) but this does look like a change from his usual type of movies.

However,
Also, since Tom Cruise is in it I know it's gonna be a fantastic movie because he is an AWESOME actor!
I hate to break it to you, but Tom Cruise is not an "awesome" actor. He's rather bad actually (The Last Samurai would have been much better had Tom Cruise not been cast). It's just because Spielberg chooses to use Cruise over and over again in his movies that he's become this famous and sought after.

But yes, War of the Worlds does look like an interesting movie even with Spielberg and Cruise. I reckon I'd go and see it.

Kingdom Clasm

Disciple of Truth
With my head to the stars, waiting for a miracle.
However, I hate to break it to you, but Tom Cruise is not an "awesome" actor. He's rather bad actually (The Last Samurai would have been much better had Tom Cruise not been cast). It's just because Spielberg chooses to use Cruise over and over again in his movies that he's become this famous and sought after.

Tom Cruise being an awesome actor is just my opinion. I liked him in The Last Samurai, and I think he does a wonderful job. It's just my opinion.

Anyways, yeah, me too, I'm probably no gonna see it right away (so much movies to see!), but I know that I really want to see it in theaters not long after it does come out.

Last edited:

Blue Mage

Bearer of the True Rune.
That movie looks great! I cant wait to see it. My dad says there was a War of the Worlds from like, the sixties. He says it was realy good & that we should reant it. I might rent the old one, but I gota seee the new one first! Dont wana ruin the suprise.

Darkness_Shadow

Website
www.freewebs.com
Ya I really want to see it! I just got back for blockbuster..... I rented the old one. Its going to be sooooooo cheesy! And I cant wait for the new one its on my "Top 5, want to see list"

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Kingdom Clasm said:
Tom Cruise being an awesome actor is just my opinion. I liked him in The Last Samurai, and I think he does a wonderful job. It's just my opinion.
That's fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion whether or not I agree.

I saw War of the Worlds today with my friends. As far as story goes, it's alright. The ending is a bit of a let-down though. There's not much of a conlclusion, it just ends.

But you definately want to catch this movie in the cinemas, I'll tell you that. This move has one of the best surround sounds I've experianced. I could feel my pants shaking because of the vibrations and such.

Oh and the Tripods were cool.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
The worst ending ever!!

SPOILER ALERT!!

Mom survived. Robbie survived. Grandma survived. Grandpa survived. Husband survived. Daughter survived. Daddy survived...

Gheez, it's a miracle. Robbie was in the middle of an explosion, but he survived! Mom, grandma and grandpa were in Boston in the middle of the Tripods, but nooo, they survived!
Daddy and daughter were IN a Tripod, and fell from at least 200 meters high, but noooo, they survived!!!

Steven, make a decent ending >_<

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
Well from what i'v heard, This movie really isnt worth seeing. The movie is nothing but a big Hype. I still might go see it but my friend was telling me it was kinda like The Day after tomorrow, it looks good but it sucks. I still might go see it because i already read the book and i wanna go see the differances

Don Patch

Is not dead...yet.
I saw it today, it made me jump a few times but that was it. One thing I noticed (i had some help with this one) when the emp, took out all electrical things( including batteries) but still this one guy was flimming that giant tripod.

Oblivion wielder

||~VentusOmnus~||
I saw it 2 days ago and it was fantastic.Tom Cruise played very well.
The only negative was his sons reactions and the 'hurry "ending.It ended too fast.I believe it will awarded with many Oscars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back