• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Wanting a PS3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotaHero21

So I have what I need to get the system but ive been looking stuff up on the internet and am finding a hole bunch of stuff thats scaring the crap out of me, things like blu ray burn out and problems caused by the 3.0 firm ware update that are making the ps3s drop faster than the 360s during their recall.

Are these problems with the ps3 common? Or just isolated incidents of bad luck that happen to be snagging the spotlight of my search time. Any ps3 owners, have you experienced these problems and do you recommend the system?

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Meh, I'm gonna side with "incidents of luck snagging up your spotlight".

The older a PS3, the more issues you'll have. Just take care of the system properly and you should be good. I have yet to face any of these issues. I hear the Slim has made many improvements to the older models.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Don't worry about the system failure. Take care of it and generally you'll be fine. Even if something happens you have a 1 year warranty automatically. You can extend that warranty 2 years more through Sony. In addition, if you are concerned about data loss, the service PS+ allows you to backup your game saves to an online server and you can also use a flash drive or other form of removable media to backup things on. There's not much you have to worry about.

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
I've never had a single console break down on me in my entire life. So, as long as you take care of it you should be fine really.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I have a 80 gb and I've never had any problems. (except once when it took about 15 min to update my trophies for some reason but that's the only problem I've had if any)

O

Oberon

I've never had issues. The thing about game systems having issues is, unless its something like RROD (red ring on the 360), it's really not that common. I really don't know anyone IRL that has had a PS3 issues, except one of my friends; but that was because his little brother messed up the optical drive by not putting the game in right (tried pulling it out when it pulled in the CD, idk).

Don't worry about it too much.

Youniquee

Awards
I only had one problem with my PS3, but we quickly got a new one (for free cos' of warranty) and it's lasted 3/4 years now. And it's one of the earlier models (The backwards compatibly ones that apparently have a lot of problems)
imo, don't worry about it and get one! You won't regret it~

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
funny how its usually the females that problems witht hem

OH, YEAH!

But, anyway, I bought a 120GB Slim model in the Fall of 2009, and I haven't had one problem that I didn't cause myself. Hell, it's even fallen off my entertainment center about three or four feet above the ground a few times. Now, I'm not saying that you should drop it out the window, but, I AM saying that they are sturdy little bastards :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back