• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Want tech help? Here's some information to provide us, so we don't have to ask.

• Thread starter Deleted member 36435
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Okay, I really need some little help with disabling Ads for YouTube. I can't remember how I did it in the first place, but recently I had to update some of my firefox stuff and it ended up getting Ads back and it's kind of annoying me since for a good long time I enjoyed watching videos without ads ruining the fun for me.

So, a little help please! :D

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Okay, I really need some little help with disabling Ads for YouTube. I can't remember how I did it in the first place, but recently I had to update some of my firefox stuff and it ended up getting Ads back and it's kind of annoying me since for a good long time I enjoyed watching videos without ads ruining the fun for me.

So, a little help please! :D

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-plus/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb

Although I don't use it personally for YouTube, as the uploaders won't get money if you do.

Noel

Awards
I understand that most computers now a days can practically run everything standard now, but I was just wondering what's a good budget laptop/desktop that's not going to kill a soon to be Highschool graduate? I know I could probably Google it or make my own, however I feel like I wouldn't find the perfect choice without the opinion uve' others. I certainly don't want a Lenovo Yoga 3 with its price.

I'm not entirely familiar with the different types uve' processors or ram sticks. However some essentials I need it for are:

Since resolutions gotten to the point where it's bigger than the average comercial women's breast size I guess 1980x720 resolution?
Seamless HD Playback
Running Illustrator/Photoshop/Indesign simultaneously.
Casual gaming (LoL and Skype)
Possibly 4~8gbs uve' ram?
Fast transfer rates, however I guess that depends on the flash drive..?
Also what about those Haswell and Broadwell chips?

D

Deleted member 36435

Look for something with an SSD (solid state drive, saves energy, much faster. less storage overall, nbd tho)
You won't need more than like whatever the standard i5 mobile is for a CPU
1920x1080 is the standard "hd" resolution aka 1080p
Anything with USB 3.0 is going to have fairly standardized transfer rates so don't worry about that

Noel

Awards
Thank you so much for thinning out the spectrum I would need to use for my search, so far I found some good choices that match my requirements. Here;Here;Here.

I'm probably going to take another search and look at some desktops tommorow, should there be any brands I should look out for or possibly stay away from?

D

Deleted member 36435

As far as I can tell none of those are running SSDs. In my opinion, these days a laptop without an SSD is pretty much worthless. They are so much for efficient for mobile computing (and any other type except mass storage) that it's almost a necessity. You will have a cooler, quieter, faster and more power efficient laptop by going with an SSD.

If you need the storage an external HDD is usually fine. If you are a willing to learn how or know someone that knows how you can put an SSD into a laptop you purchased without one.

You may also want to look into an APU (or w/e they call CPU+GPU hybrids) or a mobile GPU if you want to get good performance in light gaming.

If you want a Desktop you cannot go wrong with building your own. You learn a lot about computers and save money, it's almost much easier to fix an issues that may occur.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
I second the idea of building your own desktop. It might be more expensive than the laptops you have listed there (building mine came to a total of ~$750), but it'll be more powerful, last you longer, and you'll be able to easily change parts for upgrades. If you're too worried about the actual 'building' part of it, you can always buy the parts and pay a third party to put them together for you, though the process isn't too bad.

It all really depends on what you need it for, though. Two of my buddies bought themselves 'gaming laptops' because they travel around a lot and like to have their games with them and they're pretty happy with them. I can also post the parts I used if you like so you have something to base off of and start looking into it yourself.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
how can i boost a wifi connection? my room is farthest from the modem and has no connection i'm looking for a way to extend the reach so i can play my ps3 in my room. mounted my tv recently so its not like i can take it down in another room whenever i feel like playing online.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
how can i boost a wifi connection? my room is farthest from the modem and has no connection i'm looking for a way to extend the reach so i can play my ps3 in my room. mounted my tv recently so its not like i can take it down in another room whenever i feel like playing online.

Target (and other retail stores most likely) have this awesome piece of interweb alchemic sorcery in their stock. I say Target only because that's where I bought the noted item from (as I was having a dead spot in my room which affected my gloriously degenerate online gammin) and it was less than five minutes to set up and I haven't experienced a problem since. God bless basedBelkin and their somewhat overpriced yet good quality stuff.

As far as I can tell none of those are running SSDs. In my opinion, these days a laptop without an SSD is pretty much worthless. They are so much for efficient for mobile computing (and any other type except mass storage) that it's almost a necessity. You will have a cooler, quieter, faster and more power efficient laptop by going with an SSD.

If you need the storage an external HDD is usually fine. If you are a willing to learn how or know someone that knows how you can put an SSD into a laptop you purchased without one.

You may also want to look into an APU (or w/e they call CPU+GPU hybrids) or a mobile GPU if you want to get good performance in light gaming.

If you want a Desktop you cannot go wrong with building your own. You learn a lot about computers and save money, it's almost much easier to fix an issues that may occur.

Literally you can drop about $1K USD on building your own computer (or less if you buy the parts during sales/with discounts, etc, as computer parts are always going down in price/becoming cheaper) and you have essentially a solid rig that will run anything you throw at it for the next 5-8 years at whatever settings you want to try and beat it to death with.

Also if you don't know how to build computers, etc, you can either watch tutorials on the web/Youtube, or odds are you know at least one person that can help you build it.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Target (and other retail stores most likely) have this awesome piece of interweb alchemic sorcery in their stock. I say Target only because that's where I bought the noted item from (as I was having a dead spot in my room which affected my gloriously degenerate online gammin) and it was less than five minutes to set up and I haven't experienced a problem since. God bless basedBelkin and their somewhat overpriced yet good quality stuff.

ty i have $20 saved up if i borrow $30 and give what i didn't need back, i'll have this beautiful looking piece of tech the day after tomorrow.

Anagram

Banned
Soooo needing some tech advise here. I have firefox and I know it has addons that block pop ups and ads but the ones I keep finding also block videos from Crunchyroll and Youtube.
Does anyone know of an add on that lets those sites play videos but continues to block ads?

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I said the same thing to Incognito over some profile messages, including how to config it. I highly recommend adblocker + and noscript for anyone as a prevent to keep your PC clean; Just be aware you might have to drag out a stick/keyblade to whomp it into shape. ^^ I'll post it up if people are curious. ^^

Anagram

Banned
haha Thanks guys. Especially Maryadavies. You are no ma tech angel~ =w=

Back