• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Walt Disney World

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I've never been to Disneyland, but have been to Disney World in Florida 14 times. I am going for my 15th time next week with my family, and my 16th time this summer with my closest friends as a senior trip. I wanted to set up a place in the forums where we could talk about the happiest place on Earth.

Out of all of my trips, I've never flown. My family has always driven there, and I quite like the 10-12 hour road trip. I'm also not the biggest fan of heights, so I doubt that I'll change my means of getting there anytime soon.

What are your favorite rides? Shows? Best park? Favorite restaurant? Do you use the dining plan? Feel free to discuss whatever you like pertaining to it!

I chose not to put this in the Disney sub-forums as that seemingly only pertained to Disney media, and while Disney World contains much on Disney media, this topic didn't exactly fit any of the prefixes.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I'm hoping they don't close down Mama's Melrose Italian Grill at Hollywood Studios if not, then I'm stuck with Hollywood Brown Derby and every other restaurant there is ok.

I was at DownTown Disney(Disney Springs.... :( ) not too long ago and it was jammed packed. There going to have a NBA area but supposedly its on hold now. I hope it does go through although unfortunately Disney Quest would have to go.

I love the Disney Parks in general. My favorite rides are Pirates of the Caribbean and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

As for more restaurants; Kona Café is also a great place to eat.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Never been to Mama Melrose's, because nearly every time we eat at the 50's Prime Time Diner at Hollywood Studios. The southern style food is great there, and the atmosphere is fantastic and really fun. Some of the best fried chicken I've ever had.

I actually haven't been to Disney Springs since it converted from Downtown Disney, but that'll be our first stop when we arrive, as we're leaving around 1 in the morning and drriving until we get there, and thus will want a place to eat. We'll probably check out a new restaurant, but Earl of Sandwich provides for some awesome subs.

Disney Quest was fun, but didn't personally warrant more than a one-time trip for us. I'd like to see more interactive elements like those seen there pop up in the park, but as an enormous basketball fan, I'm totally down for the planned NBA area. I quite like the NBA restaurant located in Universal Studios, so having that expanded upon in Disney Springs sounds appealing to me.

Pirates of the Carribean is one of my favorite rides as well. The atmosphere there is so cool, and I still love the fact that it was a theme park ride that inspired the creation of the movies. Soarin' is another one of my favorites as well.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
You'll love Mama's Melrose. When you smell the grill near Muppet Vision 3D surely does invite you to eat there. The 50's Prime Time diner is the buffet restaurant or the one that's near studios where they serve fish sticks, steak and etc?

You're not missing much from Disney Springs although the Garage parking is really cool; it tells you how much spaces are left and where you can find parking. I'm still going to call it DownTown Disney lol. There's a lot of new restaurants there and store. The Starbucks Café is huge. Not sure if you remember where they had Pretzel restaurant next to Bongo's Cuban Café. That's replaced by Starbucks now. I'm hoping that the NBA store does go through. I couldn't believe that they removed Disney World of Sports store where they a lot of MLB/NFL items. Now its a regular store and an area where you're able to customize a magic wrist bands and phone covers.

Soarin' is closed for an expansion for more theaters and new sceneries. I'm going to miss Maelstrom by the way, I can't believe the Norwegian couldn't take care of it.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Haunted Mansion and Tomorrowland. Always Haunted Mansion and Tomorrowland.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
You'll love Mama's Melrose. When you smell the grill near Muppet Vision 3D surely does invite you to eat there. The 50's Prime Time diner is the buffet restaurant or the one that's near studios where they serve fish sticks, steak and etc?

You're not missing much from Disney Springs although the Garage parking is really cool; it tells you how much spaces are left and where you can find parking. I'm still going to call it DownTown Disney lol. There's a lot of new restaurants there and store. The Starbucks Café is huge. Not sure if you remember where they had Pretzel restaurant next to Bongo's Cuban Café. That's replaced by Starbucks now. I'm hoping that the NBA store does go through. I couldn't believe that they removed Disney World of Sports store where they a lot of MLB/NFL items. Now its a regular store and an area where you're able to customize a magic wrist bands and phone covers.

Soarin' is closed for an expansion for more theaters and new sceneries. I'm going to miss Maelstrom by the way, I can't believe the Norwegian couldn't take care of it.

Never realized that the smell there came from Mama Melrose's, definitely gonna have to check it out eventually.

No, 50's is made to be remiscient of grandma's kictchen, where you're even "fussed" for poor table manners. The food includes meat loaf, pork chop, and fried chicken. They have amazing milkshakes and a brownie topped with ice cream, caramel popcorn, m&m's, and whipped cream.

Garage features sounds rather helpful and convenient, hope to see that more frequently in parking garages around the country in the future. I know the pretzel shop you speak of, but not surprised it was replaced by Starbucks, which is becoming increasingly popular around Disney. No complaints here, though, I love Starbucks. The removal of the World of Sports is a shame, so hopefully the NBA section is not delayed too long.

I've known about the temporary closure of Soarin', but I'm excited for the reopening of it whenever that eventually happens, which I beleieve is supposed to be in the summer.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I don't like amusement parks at all. q.q I get sick on like every possible ride really. (I get sick easily in situations where I can't "get off whenever I want" really. ): )
I've never been to Disney Land or World before though.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Never realized that the smell there came from Mama Melrose's, definitely gonna have to check it out eventually.

No, 50's is made to be remiscient of grandma's kictchen, where you're even "fussed" for poor table manners. The food includes meat loaf, pork chop, and fried chicken. They have amazing milkshakes and a brownie topped with ice cream, caramel popcorn, m&m's, and whipped cream.

Garage features sounds rather helpful and convenient, hope to see that more frequently in parking garages around the country in the future. I know the pretzel shop you speak of, but not surprised it was replaced by Starbucks, which is becoming increasingly popular around Disney. No complaints here, though, I love Starbucks. The removal of the World of Sports is a shame, so hopefully the NBA section is not delayed too long.

I've known about the temporary closure of Soarin', but I'm excited for the reopening of it whenever that eventually happens, which I beleieve is supposed to be in the summer.

Have you eaten at the exclusive restaurants from each of the Disney Resorts area? There's a lot more recipe under their belt where that came from. It's amazing.

Speaking of Studios, how fond are you of Pizza Planet? I got into it when I was a kid but wow....their pizza does suck. I'm actually happy they're actually going to fix that but I'm that doesn't involved Mama Melrose Italian Grill.

What do you think of the FastPass+ too? I don't like it to be honest.

I don't like amusement parks at all. q.q I get sick on like every possible ride really. (I get sick easily in situations where I can't "get off whenever I want" really. ): )

You have Disney in Paris in case you want to make a fast trip.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

Aw that stinks.

Rob, I've eaten at some of those restaurants. Good stuff. Pizza Planet is meh. Cool place, but wish the food was better. I really like the new FastPass+ system. I understand the negatives, but I'm quite fond of it.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Welp, maybe one day in the far away future. xD
Guess the german amusement parks got me traumatized for a while...

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

There are a handful of rides I just can't do because they make me sick. I've kinda learned to live with my limits haha

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Well, even if you can't handle amusement park rides, going to Disney World is still worthwhile. Even if you just walk around and see stuff, it's a neat place. Besides, the lines for pretty much all of the rides are really freakin' long, even on their "low attendance" days.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Well, even if you can't handle amusement park rides, going to Disney World is still worthwhile. Even if you just walk around and see stuff, it's a neat place. Besides, the lines for pretty much all of the rides are really freakin' long, even on their "low attendance" days.

This is really accurate. It's worth going in my opinion for the shows, food, and experience. There's even some good shopping if there's any interested in that sort of thing. Lines do get long for a majority of rides, but if you don't mind missing a parade they tend to thin out then. We always try get to the park when it opens, hit the best/busiest rides as soon as we get in, then use the fastpasses for the other stuff we can't hit first.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Aw that stinks.

Rob, I've eaten at some of those restaurants. Good stuff. Pizza Planet is meh. Cool place, but wish the food was better. I really like the new FastPass+ system. I understand the negatives, but I'm quite fond of it.

I'd prefer the original Fastpass machines. I miss how you were able to glitch them and get infinite tickets lol. Even when it wasn't glitched (or it was) at least you had a secure timing unlike doing now reservations from the app; makes you wonder how many people are taking the space and don't actually go to the park. And it doesn't bug me anymore since I stay within the Disney Resort now.

What rides you don't ride? The only one I haven't gone in a long time and probably never again is the Tower of Terror.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I'd prefer the original Fastpass machines. I miss how you were able to glitch them and get infinite tickets lol. Even when it wasn't glitched (or it was) at least you had a secure timing unlike doing now reservations from the app; makes you wonder how many people are taking the space and don't actually go to the park. And it doesn't bug me anymore since I stay within the Disney Resort now.

What rides you don't ride? The only one I haven't gone in a long time and probably never again is the Tower of Terror.

What I did like about the old system was that cast members would typically let you go after your FastPass time was up, as long as you didn't try to go before your time started. I've only not stayed in a Disney resort a handful of times, I find there resorts to be a bit nicer typically, Old Testament adds to the overall experience, and you get some nice perks.

I can't really go on rides that have big drops or loops, so a lot of large roller coasters are off limits for me. I've actually done Splash Mountain and been okay, mysteriously. I really want to try the new minecart coaster, though.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
What I did like about the old system was that cast members would typically let you go after your FastPass time was up, as long as you didn't try to go before your time started. I've only not stayed in a Disney resort a handful of times, I find there resorts to be a bit nicer typically, Old Testament adds to the overall experience, and you get some nice perks.

I can't really go on rides that have big drops or loops, so a lot of large roller coasters are off limits for me. I've actually done Splash Mountain and been okay, mysteriously. I really want to try the new minecart coaster, though.

Not only that. You aren't restricted the amount of times you're able to ride the rides. When the time changes, you can go ahead directly get yourself another reservation. With Fastpass+ you can cause separation when it comes to going with families.

You aren't scared are ya? I used to be afraid. This summer is going to make 10 years that I had ridden Space Mountain. And I have been going to Disney since I was 5 years old.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Not only that. You aren't restricted the amount of times you're able to ride the rides. When the time changes, you can go ahead directly get yourself another reservation. With Fastpass+ you can cause separation when it comes to going with families.

You aren't scared are ya? I used to be afraid. This summer is going to make 10 years that I had ridden Space Mountain. And I have been going to Disney since I was 5 years old.

I mean you can still schedule more, but I see what you're saying. I think this is a bit smoother, but last system provided for more riding. We haven't been separated with it, but I can see that being an issue.

And nah, I'm not the biggest fan of absurd heights, which is why I don't do Tower of Terror. Other than that, it's just a motion sickness thing, which has gotten better as I've gotten older, so I've been able to ride far more. I'm still somewhat cautious though, as I don't want to be feeling terrible all day.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I mean you can still schedule more, but I see what you're saying. I think this is a bit smoother, but last system provided for more riding. We haven't been separated with it, but I can see that being an issue.

And nah, I'm not the biggest fan of absurd heights, which is why I don't do Tower of Terror. Other than that, it's just a motion sickness thing, which has gotten better as I've gotten older, so I've been able to ride far more. I'm still somewhat cautious though, as I don't want to be feeling terrible all day.

Yeah, let's say your parents are kind of into that elderly age but can't go onto Space Mountain but you do. Well that also breaks the system in a way because you're forced to reserve for three rides and the rides are in two groups which makes things stranger too. And you're not allowed to reserve a 4th reservation until you have completed the first three. Basically, once you're also at the end of your day. There's no point of getting a 4th reservation because you're feeling held back.

The best thing about the Disney rollercoasters, there's barely any drops. If you're comfortable with Splash Mountain's last drop. You can go onto Space Mountain and Expedition Everest.

Rock n Roller Coaster in the other hand, its still awesome and its in door. Instantly right off the launch; you'll be taken into a loop but you'll see it before it happens and at least you make body feel ready for it. Everything else is like how I mentioned above.

redcrown

Awards
I experienced my first adult intolerance of motion sickness on the Tea Cups. I couldn't see straight for half an hour. I felt drunk and then spun around 30 times, like someone punched my head.

That was 2 years ago. It makes me scared I won't be able to tolerate my favorite rides in the coming years, especially Disney ones. (I've always been a Disney ride/rollercoaster freak for as long as I can remember)

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
This one is for you Void:

[video=youtube;DcTikoA5jNE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcTikoA5jNE[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back