• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade 2005

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

|The_Big_Four|

Website
www.angelfire.com
Wow ... to think that it was 12 years ago on Christmas day of 1993 that I last watched this event ... and surprisingly enough, Regis Philbin co-hosted THAT one as well. Oy ... seems like he hasn't changed in all this time.

The two-hour event featured a lot of Disney "stuff," (of course) as well as multiple parades in Disney World, Disneyland, and other Disney resorts all over the world, focusing on the newer ones in Tokyo, Paris, and Hong Kong (which they used at the end of the show when they wished everyone a merry christmas in different languages).

Lots of Disney channel stars (or as I'd like to call .... "C" list celebrities ... and Ryan Seacrest) and plenty of musical performances (Vanessa Williams' was the best .... the Cheetah Girls was the worst).

But the best part about it for me was finally seeing the Power Rangers included in one of the parades (it was like the second one they showed), where Regis actually named what seasons they were from and all that (that was gold). They had a nice variety of rangers from various generations, so that was awesome. Unfortunately, Kingdom Hearts was once again excluded. 1/2 ain't bad. Power Rangers is making its way as an exclusive attraction at Epcot, but we still don't know if Kingdom Hearts will be given the attention it deserves at Walt Disney World. I mean during the celebration we saw all the new and old Disney faces, including Chicken Little and Stitch to Genie and Winnie the Pooh, and the most ironic part of that is EVERY single one of those is in Kingdom Hearts II. 'Tis a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back