• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Wait...why DID Roxas give Riku the Keyblade?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

zaqareemalcolm

I've always thought that Roxas was just performing Strike Raid, Riku caught Oblivion and Xion was letting him hold it. (Which would explain why Roxas was surprised when it didn't reappear into his hand)

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Still befuddles me today.

Unless Days completely disappears and is forgotten, or taken away from the universe timeline, there's not much choice but to accept it as canon. That's what it is, right?

What makes it ridiculous are the points leading up to that scene. Apparently, Xion says to halt Xemnas' plans, conveniently forgetting to tell Roxas to return to Sora first. She had a lot to voice out before she was finally gone, except that one little thing that can be remedied in three words; "return...to...Sora". So we get him on some path of revenge (Roxas takes the words as "kill Xemnas" automatically...we'll go with it for now), Riku already waiting and present. I suppose he was there to have some chit-chat with Roxas, sit on a roof, bond together, and just have a good, fun, night, because he needed to be told by Xion - through a Keyblade (cause the kanji spells out "memory" or something, and it makes this kind of connection possible) - and into his mind - that he had to stop Roxas. Not only taking back its last wish as it wasn't working out the way she never spoke about, but also making the whole thing repetitive in a bad way.

So, you mean to tell me, Riku had no idea what he was doing at TWTNW. He was simply standing there, not planning to stop Roxas at all. Diz just randomly popped out at the end, having finished his data Twilight Town, not looking at all surprised that the blond kid was knocked out. It appears that this had been the idea that they plotted...but, now it doesn't make sense, because Riku wasn't going to do it unless Xion asked him to and acted like he wouldn't have thought of that.

And, isn't Xion part of Roxas? If she could talk to Riku, and take over Roxas' reflexes, she couldn't just stop him herself?

The story thickens! :D

Oh yeah, even better - some people don't find that weird at all, lol.

I honestly think it was primarily done to make Xion appear a "needed" or "important" character. If they didn't, there would be no reason in creating it (despite that it's the truth of the matter - there was no reason to make a 14th member...or half 14th member, cause you know, it didn't get a chair yet got everything else). The whole game suffered because of that forced delusion of necessity., making its excuses mind boggling and faulty/flawed. It was exaggerated to such an extent that Xion became the main character and Roxas...man, wtf did Roxas do other than be a fanboy?

So essentially in classic Nomura style he explained a little plothole to create a bigger plothole. Good going, I 'm starting to think Days in inself is the biggest KH plothole and should be retconed in the future to be erase from the universe existence to make everything right again.

Keystaff Master

Riku wouldn't need Xion's powers to allow him to wield a Keyblade anyway. Riku has the ability to wield a Keyblade because Terra preformed the Keyblade Inheritance Ceremony and any person who's had that preformed for them can wield a Keyblade even if it's not their own. (Riku being able to hold Sora's in KH1 on two occasions as opposed to Leon picking it up in KH1 and it simply returning to Sora's hand). Riku needed no outside help to take Roxas' Oblivion.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
It would have been a dickish move on Roxas, so I doubt Nomura wanted that.

I actually haven't played Days yet, Re: Coded either. From what I've heard Days is kind of pointless and Re: Coded never happened.

Box_ghost

Which is, of course, a load of shit. I mean, I accept it as canon, but that doesn't change the fact that Nomura pulled it out of his ass.

I still love the hell out of you Grass a million years later.
I say the answer is because in DD, it looked cool as bonk.
Plus, something that remained of Sora must have seeped over to Roxas.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
It would have been a dickish move on Roxas, so I doubt Nomura wanted that.

Roxas is a dick. Or can turn into one. Nice boy with a good "Heart", but admittedly, he's a jerk sometimes. Re: Coded just took that up to eleven about how much of a dick he can be if he really felt like it, Data version or not. Besides, they're suppose to be connected to the real thing. That's what makes him different.

I love that about the character, so I find it to be no problem. Except Days. I rather forget Days!Roxas existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back