• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

WAIT wait... wait...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
If Riku is in the real world and no longer dreaming when he reaches The World That Never Was, why is he still in his KH1 form with the dream eater logo on the back? I have played the game through and I'm guessing there's a perfect explanation for this that I've just forgotten about. If memory serves me right he appears in the mysterious tower in his KH2 form (with maybe a lil shorter hair).

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I've forgotten some of it, but I think it has something to do with The World That Never Was' location. I think it's because it's not quite in either realm, or something... Sorry I'm not of any help.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
I've forgotten some of it, but I think it has something to do with The World That Never Was' location. As I think that it's not quite in either realm, or something. Sorry I'm not of any help.

That wouldn't affect his appearance like that though, when he was there in 358/2 Days he looked like his older self (pre transformation into Ansem SoD to defeat Roxas) and when he goes there again at the end of KH2 and doesn't look like Ansem SoD anymore he also looks like his older self.

The thing I don't understand is why he would have his KH1 appearance if he's in the real world now (as in whilst in The World That Never Was)

Awards
Sora and Riku were made younger by Yen Sid's magic. It has absolutely nothing to do with time travel. As for why he decided to revert them back to a younger state, I'm unsure.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I could have sworn that it was because Sora was still dreaming or something along those lines, hence why Riku retained his Dream Eater Spirit form.

Awards
I think the reason Riku still has his dream eater powers/actual dream eaters is due to TWTNW being in a state between sleep and consciousness. The end of this game is silly.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If Riku is in the real world and no longer dreaming when he reaches The World That Never Was, why is he still in his KH1 form with the dream eater logo on the back? I have played the game through and I'm guessing there's a perfect explanation for this that I've just forgotten about. If memory serves me right he appears in the mysterious tower in his KH2 form (with maybe a lil shorter hair).

Because Riku hadn't actually woken up. He might have been in the real world, but he himself was still sleeping/tied to Sora's dream. It isn't until all hell breaks loose and they get Sora out of there that he "wakes up" and is in the Mysterious Tower as his regular self. TWTNW also exists in the Realm of Sleep as well as the real world, but that doesn't really come into play once Riku leaves the world's dream version.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
Sora and Riku were made younger by Yen Sid's magic. It has absolutely nothing to do with time travel. As for why he decided to revert them back to a younger state, I'm unsure.

No-one mentioned time travel?
I'm sick of KH1 Sora now, the novelty has definitely worn off.

Yeah the end of this game is really stupid, when Sora goes through his dreams he keeps skipping between his KH2 self and his KH1 self for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Because Riku hadn't actually woken up. He might have been in the real world, but he himself was still sleeping/tied to Sora's dream. It isn't until all hell breaks loose and they get Sora out of there that he "wakes up" and is in the Mysterious Tower as his regular self. TWTNW also exists in the Realm of Sleep as well as the real world, but that doesn't really come into play once Riku leaves the world's dream version.

Well that's pretty lame, so basically two Riku's existed for a brief moment in the real world, one asleep and one just doing his shit in The World That Never Was.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well that's pretty lame, so basically two Riku's existed for a brief moment in the real world, one asleep and one just doing his shit in The World That Never Was.

Not exactly...Yen Sid did physically send Riku and Sora back into the past to find their way into the Realm of Sleep. So it's been their body the whole time, just they were "sleep". Does that make sense?

I might be wrong though...KH3D confuses me like no other game.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
Not exactly...Yen Sid did physically send Riku and Sora back into the past to find their way into the Realm of Sleep. So it's been their body the whole time, just they were "sleep". Does that make sense?

na fk it I don't even care anymore I think I've just realized how stupid the ending of this game actually is. You can close this thread up if you want cause I'm pretty sure it's just gonna be people repeating each other from here on out.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Maybe it's like a form of astral projection?

Gram

Banned
Awards
The reason neither Riku nor Sora (who was comatose in the real world at that point) were still in younger form was due to Yen Sid's magic:

— In the latter half of The World That Never Was, despite returning to the real world, why do Sora and co. stay in that form and why do Dream Eaters appear etc?

Nomura: Sora and co.’s form is due to Yen Sid’s magic, so the way it works is that they can’t turn back until they return to the Mysterious Tower, and Dream Eaters were appearing because Sora was still asleep. Also, ever since Organisation XIII was defeated in KH2, the The World That Never Was’
existence as a world has become uncertain. In the first place, the worlds in the rift between darkness and light have different rules than other worlds. The Mysterious Tower isn’t always standing in a fixed place. Traverse Town too reforms its shape every time, which is why the version that appears in this title is clearly different than the version in KH1.

FangirlfromHell

Awards

Okay, first of all Riku is not in the real world at that point of the game. That part takes place inside a double-dream. So long as Riku bears the Spirit symbol he is in Sora's dream. That is why he has it in the first place. Their physical bodies are still in the Mysterious Tower the entire game.

Note: This was as spoiler-free as I could make this explanation.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Okay, first of all Riku is not in the real world at that point of the game. That part takes place inside a double-dream. So long as Riku bears the Spirit symbol he is in Sora's dream. That is why he has it in the first place. Their physical bodies are still in the Mysterious Tower the entire game.

Note: This was as spoiler-free as I could make this explanation.
Actually :

— I want to ask more about the World That Never Was. Is that world a part of reality? Or is also a world of sleep?

Nomura: When that world’s logo appears, it indicates the boundary between the dream and reality. When Sora arrives, it’s reality and then goes into a world of sleep. Riku arrives in the sleeping world, and as you progress and the world logo appears, that’s when it becomes reality.

Riku and Sora both appear in the real realm once but still retain that form because the younger form is due to Yen Sids magic.
Nomura's reasoning for dream eaters appearing even after returning to reality was that it's because Sora still sleeping thanks to the Xehanorts:

— In the latter half of The World That Never Was, despite returning to the real world, why do Sora and co. stay in that form and why do Dream Eaters appear etc?

Nomura: Sora and co.’s form is due to Yen Sid’s magic, so the way it works is that they can’t turn back until they return to the Mysterious Tower, and Dream Eaters were appearing because Sora was still asleep. Also, ever since Organisation XIII was defeated in KH2, the The World That Never Was’
existence as a world has become uncertain. In the first place, the worlds in the rift between darkness and light have different rules than other worlds. The Mysterious Tower isn’t always standing in a fixed place. Traverse Town too reforms its shape every time, which is why the version that appears in this title is clearly different than the version in KH1.

And since Riku acting as his personal DE logic stands that he also kept that symbol on his back cause Sora was sleeping the same way the other DE's kept appearing.
All of Riku's personal changes seemed to have reverted when he finally got to Yen Sid's tower though. (only to regain them when he dived into Sora to wake him)

Though I'd imagine TWTNW's special nature may have also had a hand.

Last edited:

Axel92

Awards
No-one mentioned time travel?

Yeah the end of this game is really stupid, when Sora goes through his dreams he keeps skipping between his KH2 self and his KH1 self for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

When you see Sora in his KH2 outfit is because he is experiencing the memories of his heart(s) and his KH2 outfit is how his heart see him.
I know I don't explain very well..mmm..
Think of it as when you see sora in DDD outfit he is in the "real" world (even if he's spleeping) while when you see him KH2 style he is inside his heart (more like Roxas battle at Skyscraper in KH2)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Actually :

Riku and Sora both appear in the real realm once but still retain that form because the younger form is due to Yen Sids magic.
Nomura's reasoning for dream eaters appearing even after returning to reality was that it's because Sora still sleeping thanks to the Xehanorts:

And since Riku acting as his personal DE logic stands that he also kept that symbol on his back cause Sora was sleeping the same way the other DE's kept appearing.
All of Riku's personal changes seemed to have reverted when he finally got to Yen Sid's tower though. (only to regain them when he dived into Sora to wake him)

Though I'd imagine TWTNW's special nature may have also had a hand.

Or to sum it up really short:
Everything after Riku beats Ansem SoD in DDD takes place in the real world for the rest of the game until he dives into Sora's heart again to battle the Nightmare armor.
---

Jotari

Awards
The real reason though is that they didn't want to make a battle models and animations for KH2 Riku and Sora.

Gram

Banned
Awards
More like the real reason is cause Nomura is still hung up on the KH1 designs even if it means giving them minor cosmetic changes (like Riku's hair and their clothes) to keep using them.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
More like the real reason is cause Nomura is still hung up on the KH1 designs even if it means giving them minor cosmetic changes (like Riku's hair and their clothes) to keep using them.

Exactly.
Going by the sheer frequency Nomura has used and wanted to use the KH 1 designs/age, one may even guess that he by now regrets having ever aged them for KH 2 in the first place. <__<

Gram

Banned
Awards
haha At this point I almost regret him aging them in KH2 since their kh2 designs have been all but pointless since kh2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back