• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Wait. How is MX able to return as a Somebody in a form that isn't Terranort?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vasquez

Awards
— In other words, Ansem and Xemnas were, at the same time, existing in the time and space of KH3D as well as having returned to their true human form after being destroyed?
Nomura: Yes, it does turn out that way. However, as I said before, ‘The World That Never Was’, where the thirteen all met, is a special space. The mechanics behind how they were all able to exist at the same time is a mystery. From KH1 on, Ansem has returned no matter how many times he has been defeated, perhaps the same sort of thing happened.

MX's heart did fall to darkness via Terranort in Radiant Gardian but the body that heart was inhabiting was Terranort. The pysical form of the somebody reformed would be Terranort, right? Was the MX in DDD time traveling? It's confusing because some form of MX must be in the present or YMX would not have been able to time travel to that period in the first place.

BTW, I wanted to post this in DDD section but that place is dead.

Platinum End

That is something i am confused as well BUT we have two more members of the true organization that hasn't been revealed yet with two recently being Larxene and Aqua. It could be that Terranort is indeed back perhaps taken from the time before he fights Aqua or after he gains knowledge from ansem to use to help bring back MX himself back but before he discards his body. Ever since DDD started with the whole time traveling business aswell as how MX came back is still a mystery and is very convoluted.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Here's how I made it fit:

- When the heart and body go free, the person returns.
- Xemnas disappeared, so Terra's body went free.
- Terra's heart, however, did not go free: it's still trapped within Master Xehanort's.
- And the latter (Master Xehanort's heart) went free when Ansem disappeared.
- So we have Terra's body and Xehanort's heart in a freed state. As Naminé taught us with her very existance (and something Xemnas will elaborate upon in DDD), a body and a heart do not need to be of the same person to coexist in these kind of events.
- Therefore, just as Naminé used Sora's body to be born but is still 100% Kairi's Nobody, Master Xehanort returned because Xehanort's heart used Terra's body.
- And it isn't Terranort because Terranort was a fusion of two beings, even if one was possessing the other. Meanwhile, now that Xehanort has Terra' heart under his control one heart is considered free and the other still captive, therefore the "system" in charge of rebuilding people brought back Master Xehanort because he was the only one who fit the criteria.

D

Deleted member 246005

I figured that Xehanort became the dominant heart in Terranort and was able to exhude control over how he looks.

because magic/strength of your heart bs. (half-serious)

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think of it like how Ansem SoD was able to use the material of Riku’s body to create his own. Like Darkos said, MX probably used Xemnas’ body material to reform himself. My question isn’t as much about the how and more why he would use his old form when his goal with Terra in BBS was to have a younger body. Maybe he knew he would only need it until a certain point in time.

sephydark

Awards
Wasn't his goal in BBS to become young so he could live long enough to see the new Keyblade War? Maybe he thinks that since he's pushing it to happen right now he doesn't need Terra's younger body and can go back to his normal form.

mytomxxx

Here's how I made it fit:

- When the heart and body go free, the person returns.
- Xemnas disappeared, so Terra's body went free.
- Terra's heart, however, did not go free: it's still trapped within Master Xehanort's.
- And the latter (Master Xehanort's heart) went free when Ansem disappeared.
- So we have Terra's body and Xehanort's heart in a freed state. As Naminé taught us with her very existance (and something Xemnas will elaborate upon in DDD), a body and a heart do not need to be of the same person to coexist in these kind of events.
- Therefore, just as Naminé used Sora's body to be born but is still 100% Kairi's Nobody, Master Xehanort returned because Xehanort's heart used Terra's body.
- And it isn't Terranort because Terranort was a fusion of two beings, even if one was possessing the other. Meanwhile, now that Xehanort has Terra' heart under his control one heart is considered free and the other still captive, therefore the "system" in charge of rebuilding people brought back Master Xehanort because he was the only one who fit the criteria.

You made me think something I never really tough about, MX have/had a nobody of his own (not a terranort nobody) if he rip out his heart to put it into terra's body?

Megavoltage

Awards
I'm super hyped for KH3's crazy explanation for the Terra/Xehanort situations. It's going to be nuts and I'll love it for being nuts.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
You made me think something I never really tough about, MX have/had a nobody of his own (not a terranort nobody) if he rip out his heart to put it into terra's body?

He shouldn't. When a heart leaves the body, it doesn't mean a Nobody is created. Only if the Heart gives way to shadow and becomes a Heartless, then body reforms elsewhere. The heart didn't turn into a Heartless, it went into Terra. So as far as we know, Xehanort's body merely dissolved

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
My question isn’t as much about the how and more why he would use his old form when his goal with Terra in BBS was to have a younger body. Maybe he knew he would only need it until a certain point in time.

Wasn't his goal in BBS to become young so he could live long enough to see the new Keyblade War? Maybe he thinks that since he's pushing it to happen right now he doesn't need Terra's younger body and can go back to his normal form.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of how the whole "dying of old age" plotline was seemingly abbandoned, since it was what forced Xehanort's hand in crafting his plan in BbS and use an imperfect X-Blade.
Now he's back, and by logic he should be on death's door either way. Pretty sure Sora and co. can just wait him out.

Unless he is indeed using Terra's body through and through and so despite appearances he has the body Xemnas had, so a relatively young one?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
My personal theory is because they're building up Terra to be a Guardian of Light. The conversation that The Lingering Will had with Namine may result in The Lingering Will time travelling to meet up with a Young Terra, make him time-displaced and stop Xehanort in the current timeline.

Vasquez

Awards
Heh, I'm glad I'm not the only one a bit confused by this. Looks like we will have to wait until KH3 to get a definitive answer.

lusca_bueno

Okay, I thought MX was just another Xehanort gathered by YX through time travel? I mean, that's the only explanation on why all of them can exist at the same time. YX got the time travel powers from ASOD (the only difficult part to grasp for me, cause... why?), then he went through time and got all of them together. In this sense, both MX and Terranort could be part of the true Org actually since they both existed in different times and places, so they can be gathered through time travel by YX, which is the only version of him that's actually fitting in his time since he can move freely through all of it anyway, aside from Terranort, of course, which is the result of destroying both ASOD and Xemnas.

Long story short:
Ansem is brought back by YX;
Xemnas is brought back by YX;
Since both of the above were defeated, Terranort exists in his own time in KHIII;
Young Xehanort can move freely through time, so he's in his own time too;
MX is brought back by YX.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Okay, I thought MX was just another Xehanort gathered by YX through time travel? I mean, that's the only explanation on why all of them can exist at the same time. YX got the time travel powers from ASOD (the only difficult part to grasp for me, cause... why?), then he went through time and got all of them together. In this sense, both MX and Terranort could be part of the true Org actually since they both existed in different times and places, so they can be gathered through time travel by YX, which is the only version of him that's actually fitting in his time since he can move freely through all of it anyway, aside from Terranort, of course, which is the result of destroying both ASOD and Xemnas.

Long story short:
Ansem is brought back by YX;
Xemnas is brought back by YX;
Since both of the above were defeated, Terranort exists in his own time in KHIII;
Young Xehanort can move freely through time, so he's in his own time too;
MX is brought back by YX.

The problem with this is that since Re:Coded's secret movie it has been said that Master Xehanort was the one to return from Ansem and Xemnas' defeat.
And in DDD not only do they restate this point, but the final clash in the game happens because all 12 selves of Xehanort gathered there to welcome the return of Master Xehanort, hinting once more to the fact that he's supposedly flesh and blood.
No mention of Terranort is done anywhere.

I know Nomura said something about the vessels' nature recently and I haven't read that, but if he didn't change anything Master Xehanort should be confirmed as somebody in the living flesh.

mytomxxx

YX wasnt suppose to go back to his own time and forget about things how he said in DDD? Why is he in kh3 yet...?

Vasquez

Awards
The problem with this is that since Re:Coded's secret movie it has been said that Master Xehanort was the one to return from Ansem and Xemnas' defeat.
And in DDD not only do they restate this point, but the final clash in the game happens because all 12 selves of Xehanort gathered there to welcome the return of Master Xehanort, hinting once more to the fact that he's supposedly flesh and blood.
No mention of Terranort is done anywhere.

I know Nomura said something about the vessels' nature recently and I haven't read that, but if he didn't change anything Master Xehanort should be confirmed as somebody in the living flesh.

The rules of time travel have not been explained fully, I think.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Okay, I thought MX was just another Xehanort gathered by YX through time travel?

Incorrect. Xehanort has been recompleted. YX refers to him as "my most future self" when he's reforming on the throne, and Master Xehanort references this as his "return as a complete person." Yen Sid warned Mickey this would happen in Re:Coded and when Master Xehanort appears he references this by saying "we were right about you!"

As Nomura has confirmed, not all of the Xehanorts are time traveling.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
The rules of time travel have not been explained fully, I think.

They dedicated more than one chunk of a game repeating time travel rules like a mantra and it was still highly confusing and a retcon mess, I sincerely hope they won't add more explanations, nor I think I'd want that.
Just tell me the Norts came back again because destiny said so, I'll buy it. I don't really need much more insight on that.

mytomxxx

Incorrect. Xehanort has been recompleted. YX refers to him as "my most future self" when he's reforming on the throne, and Master Xehanort references this as his "return as a complete person." Yen Sid warned Mickey this would happen in Re:Coded and when Master Xehanort appears he references this by saying "we were right about you!"

As Nomura has confirmed, not all of the Xehanorts are time traveling.

But can Terranort exist alongside with MX? Was Terranort at the beginning of DDD wasnt?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
But can Terranort exist alongside with MX? Was Terranort at the beginning of DDD wasnt?

Are you referring to that sequence where he stabs Braig and the others? I'm pretty sure that's just to show what happened way back then, and wasn't really part of DDD's main story.
Also because we kinda see when Braig gets "recruited" by Young in Coded's secret movie, and there was no Terranort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back