• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

WAAAIT! Seven Keyholes of Sleep?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingdomon

Yen-Sid says Sora and Riku must unlock the Seven Keyholes of Sleep, and so far, we have 7 confirmed worlds: La Cité des Cloches (Or something like that), Country of the Musketeers, The Grid, Traverse Town, Pranksters' Paradise, Symphony of Sorcery, and, probably The World That Never Was, as we have seen in the Sp. Trailer.
So that means we'll only go to...7 worlds? Seriously?

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
quality over quantity man.
the seven keyholes of sleep are for the Mark of Mastery portion of the game.

MinerKing

Birth By Sleep: "We only get to spend like 5 minutes in each world!"

KH3D: "Aww man I have to spend 20 minutes in each world?!?"

We are some silly fans.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Well you have to remember, the games themselves are still gigantic. It takes roughly fourty five hours to beat all three stories in BBS. 30 for coded if you do everything, 20 some odd for days, 50 for KH1 I played about 30 or 40 with KH2, so even if there are only a few worlds at first, it will open up, I promise you that. There is the mark of mastery part and then there is the part where shit gets crazy.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That doesn't mean we'll only go to seven worlds, but I definitely agree this could be a quality over quantity thing. I'd rather visit less worlds and have a more cohesive story and large areas rather than many worlds and flat worlds with a disconnected story.

Somehow I want to say that Traverse Town doesn't count, but it might end up that way.

Traverse Town
La Cité des Cloches
Prankster's Paradise
Country of the Musketeers
Symphony of Sorcery
The Grid

That's six confirmed worlds plus we know we'll be in the World that Never Was, we'll see scenes from Destiny Islands (almost certain it's our tutorial world for basic gameplay mechanics), Radiant Garden, Mysterious Tower, and we saw the Chamber of Waking which is in the Land of Departure...

If you're wanting for another Disney world, I dont know what to say. Hope for another world that is unannounced? Don't and be content with what we've been shown?

IF you count DI and TWTNW, you have about eight potential playable worlds.

micbeasty

I gotta a feeling traverse town DOES count..which I'm okay with but I don't think TWTNW will count as one, and I'm hoping it won't.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
That doesn't mean we'll only go to seven worlds, but I definitely agree this could be a quality over quantity thing. I'd rather visit less worlds and have a more cohesive story and large areas rather than many worlds and flat worlds with a disconnected story.

Somehow I want to say that Traverse Town doesn't count, but it might end up that way.

Traverse Town
La Cité des Cloches
Prankster's Paradise
Country of the Musketeers
Symphony of Sorcery
The Grid

That's six confirmed worlds plus we know we'll be in the World that Never Was, we'll see scenes from Destiny Islands (almost certain it's our tutorial world for basic gameplay mechanics), Radiant Garden, Mysterious Tower, and we saw the Chamber of Waking which is in the Land of Departure...

If you're wanting for another Disney world, I dont know what to say. Hope for another world that is unannounced? Don't and be content with what we've been shown?

IF you count DI and TWTNW, you have about eight potential playable worlds.

I fell like tranverse town does count, DI wont thought is seems like a luanching plance at the most
it feels off that olypus isnt here, but i doubt it could be our final disney world

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I fell like tranverse town does count, DI wont thought is seems like a luanching plance at the most
it feels off that olypus isnt here, but i doubt it could be our final disney world

I'm not saying DI is a keyhole of sleep world. I'm saying it is a potential playable world, as well as TWTNW.

That makes EIGHT worlds you can play in, obviously not seven because of the seven keyholes of sleep. :|

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I'm not saying DI is a keyhole of sleep world. I'm saying it is a potential playable world, as well as TWTNW.

That makes EIGHT worlds you can play in, obviously not seven because of the seven keyholes of sleep. :|
Ok, then that would make DI like the land of departure, we wont be able to go back and do anyhting there after the brief tutorial.

KevVentus

I would be disappointed if they outed every world like they did with Birth By Sleep

Is it too much to ask for a little surprise? : )

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I would be disappointed if they outed every world like they did with Birth By Sleep

Is it too much to ask for a little surprise? : )

If you wanted to be suprised man then you shouldnt even be on the site lol, but the always reveal the worlds, its a way to attract people to the game

roxas7

i think we still get a new disney world cuz isn't it like if they open the keyholes of sleep they restore the world back in the realm of light
if so then i have a strange feeling that they don't want the world that never was back in the realm of light

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I won't mind if they're are the only 7 worlds we go to, but I'm fairly certain they aren't the only ones. I kind of believe that Sora and Riku will find all the Keyholes of Sleep, completing what Yen Sid instructed them to do, then once they're about to head back the RoL, the plan of the Xehanorts' will come into play, and then Sora and Riku will go to some original worlds, with The World That Never Was (or CO/LoD) being the last.

I think this mainly because I think that when Mickey goes into the RoS will be after Sora and Riku have found the Keyholes. I doubt Yen Sid would allow Mickey to go into the RoS during the exam, since it wouldn't really be their exam anymore.

Traverse Town had a keyhole in the original KH, it's bound to have one in KH3D.

Every world in the RoL has a Keyhole, because every world has a heart.
Doesn't necessarily mean Traverse Town has a Keyhole of Sleep, which there seems to only be seven existing (which makes me wonder if the the worlds that have KoS are special somehow).

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
I REALLY doubt TWTNW will be the last world. First, every main KH final world uses a final world not used before. Secondly, KH trailers do not show footage of final worlds, an if they do, it's probably just quote from one of its cutscenes. Square NEVER uses the amount of footage they used for TWTNW in the special trailer for the final world. Lastly, I imagine this to be the second final world like how Hollow Bastion was to EotW.

KevVentus

Yeah I don't really understand the significance of 7 keyholes

It implies that there are only 7 worlds in the RoS, but that just sounds like way too little

I'm thinking there's something more to the keyholes

Also, which world was it in the very first scene of the special trailer where Sora talks to YMX? He seals a keyhole in that one. It looks similar to Land of Departure. Maybe it's just a church in the cita de cloches though (I hate having to figure out how to type that world's name)

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
Yeah I don't really understand the significance of 7 keyholes

It implies that there are only 7 worlds in the RoS, but that just sounds like way too little

I'm thinking there's something more to the keyholes

Also, which world was it in the very first scene of the special trailer where Sora talks to YMX? He seals a keyhole in that one. It looks similar to Land of Departure. Maybe it's just a church in the cita de cloches though (I hate having to figure out how to type that world's name)
It IS the Cathedral from La Cite des Cloches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back