• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Voice acting in KH3 - Started?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VLR.XIII

Now, your probably thinking, from the headline that I'm a bit of a confused noob, or words to that effect.

Anyway;

Talk about a busy guy. Tetsuya Nomura worked as main character designer on Final Fantasy XIII, director and designer for Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and ditto for Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

We forgot Final Fantasy Agito XIII! He's character designer for that, too.

In the most recent issue of Famitsu, Nomura reveals that he is working on two unannounced titles. He gives some updates, saying that they are working to bring up the quality so that the difference between real time and pre-renders in the upcoming Final Fantasy Versus XIII is seamless. He also says that development for Agito is going favorably.

"There is a still yet unannounced title that I am working on sooner than thought," he says. Voice recording for this title has begun.

"It's not a brand new title, but there is one more unannounced title."

Kotaku

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I severely doubt it. The mystery KH game announced to come out next is most likely not KH3, and we've heard no news on that game whatsoever. It'd make no sense for them to begin voice acting on KH3 while they're just barely started working on this mystery game.

A

Azrael

If we have a mystery KH game (if it's confirmed) then Nomura would work on that then KHIII.

robertexe

ooooooo sounds good!
most likely the kh mystery game,but
voice recording already!? i dont believe it!

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
This unannounced title might not even be KH-related. It could be another game or series that he is working on.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I'm placing my bets on KH3 just based on two parts of his quote:
I am working on sooner than thought,
It's not a brand new title
It has to be. Either a Kingdom Hearts proper sequel, or a FF7 remake. That's all that would really be unannounced, yet entirely expected, and something that he would begin working on immediately due to fan popularity.

Last edited:

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
KHII Sora sitting on the tree at the end the BBS trailer kind of seals the deal. There will be a KHIII, it's just a matter of when. I think they'll work on KHIII and the 'Mystery Title' at the same time--and the 'Mystery Title' will work as a sort of CoM to tide us over.

B

Blade5468

You guys do realize that the only SE games that Nomura actually directed are KH and Versus, right?
And maybe some other minor titles or TWEWY, I'm not sure, but those are the two big ones.
But what I mean is that for the others he just designs, so this is a title that he's DIRECTING.
If voice recording started then the design phases are probably very much over with, so unless he's the director, there's really no reason for him to still stick around and be "working on" it.

I really really want this to be a Final Fantasy 7 remake.
Good God that would make me so happy. I swear I just thought of the possibility that FF7 would be remade and I completely forgot about all the sad things in our world and became a purely happy person, if only for a second.

Anyway, I don't know what he meant by"working on it" but honestly if he's not directing it he's probably not doing very much. I don't know :X I just wish this is an FF7 remake. Forget Kingdom Hearts 3, we've been waiting for an ff7 remake before KH1 came out even.

edit:
also Raz, I always sort of considered Coded to be KII~KHIII's CoM, I don't see why they'd need another :V

Last edited:

ansemx18

It's mostly likely going to be another KH game, but whether or not it's KH3 is a whole other argument. But he has said multiple times that since he is wrapping up all of his work on FF for good, he is going to focus alot more on KH which is definitely a good thing imo.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Its probably the Mysterious KH Game, completely new game, or FFVII Remake but im really leaning towards the KH title since SE is coming out with XIII, Versus, Agito, and XVI(14 idk if its right). Thats enough FF games to keep people busy for a while.

Rexy

Bronze Member
Its probably the Mysterious KH Game, completely new game, or FFVII Remake but im really leaning towards the KH title since SE is coming out with XIII, Versus, Agito, and XVI(14 idk if its right). Thats enough FF games to keep people busy for a while.

its XIV (14)...XVI its 16
it could be but i would like it to be another KH game

zspek09

Website
instagram.com
∞;4703548 said:
I severely doubt it. The mystery KH game announced to come out next is most likely not KH3, and we've heard no news on that game whatsoever. It'd make no sense for them to begin voice acting on KH3 while they're just barely started working on this mystery game.

Hey, it's definitely possible. I mean, he's done with BBS for Japan and they're all anticipating KH3. It's highly possible that the title he's working on IS KH3. >_>

Trimms

I think it points to KHIII, since he says "working sooner than I thought."
Could be anything though.

pumpkinhead

Awards
Website
last.fm
I bet it's a FF remake or TWEWY II
There's no point to start working on another KH just after when BbS is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back