I have seen countless posts about voice acting, especially Sora's, but I've decided to make one with some criticisms. Comment with your criticisms and hopes for future releases' voice acting.
- Many people have been saying voices change with age, myself included, which is correct, but I have seen a few people act like this completely excuses Haley Joel Osment from improving. He should still try and improve.
- I think Haley needs to practice more since it's been a while since the last KH game. He sounded a lot better in the Gummi Ship scene than he did in the Mysterious Tower scenes, but he still sounded a little iffy. It sounds way too forced, so he needs to practice to make it sound more natural. The ending of every sentence goes up in tone which makes him sound too whiny and childish.
- Haley has aged naturally, but they haven't allowed Sora to age naturally alongside Haley, because of all the non-Sora games since KH2. They shouldn't be afraid to make Sora sound slightly more mature. Sora is slightly older after all. Haley's regular voice sounds basically like a less evil Vanitas, so maybe they should go with something a little closer to his regular voice, except slightly more in-character and Sora-esque of course.
- Sora's voice sounds sort of like a 30 year old man trying to do a teenager impression, which is strange, because Haley's regular voice sounds like a natural teenage voice even though he's not a teenager. This is why I think they should try out something closer to his regular voice.
- I definitely hope they're able to get Hayden Panettiere back for KH3. I like Alyson Stoner, but it wouldn't be the same if any of the main characters' voices were changed. In my mind, Hayden is Kairi and Alyson is Xion. They don't feel like the same characters if their voices are reversed.
- He sounded perfect, except he sounded younger in a few parts which is strange. Especially when he said "Sora-esque". Not that noticeable, just a minor criticism. I don't really care if they fix that or not, he sounds great either way.
- Donald sounded very slightly different as well. I actually like this change though, because it seems like they're making his words easier to understand.
- Mickey sounded fine for the most part, they can't perfectly replace Wayne Allwine of course. There were some moments though where he sounded straight up weird. Especially when he said "I thought, I heard her voice in the distance". It didn't sound like Mickey at all, it sounded all nasally. I'm not sure what's up with Bret Iwan, because he sounded perfect in Dream Drop Distance. He seems to have gone back to how Mickey sounded in Re:coded. I'm not sure how you can improve so much, then go right back to how it was before like that. Maybe he just forgot? They should definitely try and see if he can make his Mickey voice just like how it was in DDD again.