• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

vista?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henskie

I'm Batman
Hey how many people plan on getting windows vista? I think I might wait a while and see how it turns out and let them work out the bugs but I will eventually upgrade. How about all of you

Sou-jiro

that was exactly what i was thinking, so i think i will wait for 6 months after it comes out and then i'm going to get it

Henskie

I'm Batman
Also I have a cousin who works at IBM so If I wait longer he might be able to get me a free version of Vista who knows lol

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
Some of us already have Vista.
(Obvious.)

I don't really like it any better than XP, to be honest. I hardly even use it. It doesn't seem to be anything particularly special in any way. There isn't really significant changes to the overall theme to warrant an immediate change from XP to vista for most people. Unless you must have Vista, I'd recommend waiting. The same thing happened with XP at launch, and they had months to get SP1 out. The biggest thing with XP was buggy drivers.

I currently have Windows XP & Vista set in a dual-boot configuration on my laptop.
I also run virtual machines with anything from Windows 1.02, 3.1 & 3.11 for Workgroups, 95 and 98SE.. (Inside of XP.)

I don't see anything special about Vista, not enough to warrent the $200-300 it'll cost when it comes out soon.

~~Azurith

Henskie

I'm Batman
Thats what I thought hence waiting... My friend preordered it online for like 250$ I was like why not wait till either the price comes down or it becomes basic on all PCs? His answer... I wanted it.... jeez impatient much lol

T

The Marauder

I don't plan on getting it for some time, but if you do want it, Newegg has Ultimate for $200. I can't imagine a much better deal, and it isn't like operating systems drop much in price after release. They pretty much stay the same price until a new OS is released.

Devious

Vista is also having a buggy drive problem... Unfortunately it out-dates or renders your LAN drive completely useless... Happened to me... Pisses me off more than anything... Good thing I have internal WiFi...

Vista is more of a "sleek look" OS and a way to combat the reforming Macs that are taking high popularity these days. Vista is made to kind of... Steal the competition's users in a way. It reflects much of the same aspects of Mac, such as:

It's sidebar (with such addons as the Ram and Total Usage meters and a little sticky note addon)

It's documents and computer files (Used to be "My Computer"... Now just "Computer" etcetera, etcetera)

VirusCoreHacker

is it True that only 15% of computers are able to Use Vista..i was watching the Feed Today, and it mentioned that along with ,that vista may increase comptuers sales.

Wow 15% =/

Devious

It's only known as 15% if only 15% of users actually have the required specs for it. Mine's able to use the RC1 5600 edition... But... That effing LAN drive rendered me useless.

The Midnighter

Tech Geek
Awards
Okay, so here's the scoop on Vista:

They recommend having 1 GB Ram - 2.0 GHz processor
Vista has "Advanced Pirating Detecting" capabilities, which means if you have illegal software on your PC (Not just from Microsoft) then Vista locks you out of that program, and the only thing you can do to alter it is uninstall it.
Vista also has bad networking capabilities, as it stands - It has none actually. It cannot communicate with other computers that aren't on Vista as well.

3 Major corperations have switched to a version of Linux and uninstalled Windows - Vista will be the death of Windows.

Devious

Doesn't surprise me... Windows is trying to completely separate themselves from other computers in order to somehow gain the favor of the public... This might bring about the First Computer Industry War (CIW I) which I predict will be much like gang wars... But more High-Tech and mainly with computer viruses...

T

The Marauder

Lol, your conspiracy theories are funny. Anyway there are networking issues, but XP had just as many when it came out. Calm down - it's just another OS release. A 2 GHz proc is recommended to run AERO, which is only optional and is featured on the higher versions of Vista. In any case, it would be unwise to buy for the first few months. Wait a bit and get it, it'll be perfectly fine by April, I expect.

The Midnighter

Tech Geek
Awards
Actually since Windows XP networking was based on NT - It was perfectly fine when it came out. It's why so many companies went with it so quickly, as it also offered more networking features. However, I do agree that whenever they do release service pack 2, it'll at least fix a bundle of the bugs in it - Which brings it from the level of Complete Crap to just Crappy. One of my profs told us he formatted his hard drive the second he bought his new laptop, because it came with Vista installed xD

ultamaSora

I'm getting it.I bought a new Labtop, so I get Vista Home Premium for Free So I'm not really losing anything if I don't like, or something.

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
I can wait. I don't have a DX10 capable Graphics card to play Crysis, so there's no point in spending the money to buy it.

T

The Marauder

There aren't any graphics drivers to support GeForce 8 series cards on Vista yet anyway. That's the reason I'm not using it...

*Strokes 8800 GTX*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back