• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Violin

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Helion

Website
thefaintsmile.deviantart.com
I played violin for about 5 years. I "quit" playing the violin though cause I sucked at it and was too lazy to practice. And plus, my orchestra teachers(well, my main teacher and then my technique class teacher) scared the piss out of me. They're part of the reason why I didn't want to play the violin anymore lol. They were just so disgusting and weird.

Cid Highwind

The Captain
i've been playing the violin since i was in 1st grade and i still play it today in the school orchestra. i love it because it's really fun to play when you get really good at it and you can play some of the most beautiful music in the world. playing with the orchestra is also amazing. one song our orchestra played was vaughan williams: fantasia on a theme. check it out, it's really an amazing piece

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
Whoa. Look at all the violinists! =D
Me too!

It was kind of hard to learn in my first couple years (and I didn't exactly play beautiful music. xDD lotsa squeakiness..) and I hated it because of my teacher. She'd always get really upset if I wasn't holding my bow right or something. Then I got a new teacher and it was all uphill from there. xD

My school doesn't have an orchestra and I'm one out of like five people in my entire high school to play it. So I get lots of opportunities to play (like in the fall musical) and meet new people. I'm kind of glad about that though, because people can get really competitive on a popular instrument like that, especially in orchestras. I remember seeing this 7 year old girl at a tryout who played amazingly, and her father yelled at her for messing something up, but she was probably farther along than me, and I'm seven years older than her. Really sad.

-Arcana-X-

I can see right through all your empty lies
Yep, joining the violinists!

The sound is very nice to listen to on a gloomy day. It lifts up your spirits! I just love listening to orchestral music. I've played the violin for 4 years before I had to stop because the orchestra wasn't in the new school I've moved to. SO now I take flute and piano.

But still, I envy the people who the violin. I still have it, but I have to practive flute and piano so there's little time to actually open the case.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
I don't know how you play a violin, but depending on the genre of music, it can sound cool (Such as Yellowcard, for example).

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Violin can sound awesome in anything.

*joins the crowd*

I picked it up in 5th grade, played for four years in the school orchestra. When we moved my new school didn't have an orchestra but I took private lessons for a year before getting bored. From there I simply found books and played them, like the Disney one. I preferred doing songs I loved, like Disney ones or even hymns sometimes or popular ones. I loved hearing orchestras perform songs I'd heard before, like the Star Wars theme and Harry Potter and "In the Hall of the Mountain King" and Indy Jones. I loved playing in the orchestras, I miss it so much, I wish I had brought my violin to college with me. I was even the fiddler in Fiddler on the Roof, though it was muted (and my violin went through so much abuse during it. :< Poor thing).

If you're going to learn, like all things, learn from a teacher. They'll know what sounds right and will be able to teach you how to adapt an ear for things like that. They'll also be able to correctly and easily teach you how to play the violin. Books are useful, but when it comes to something like instruments, an actual person is the better teacher. Don't expect to become amazing immediately either. @-@ I've been playing for a long time and I could NEVER master the verbrato. <-< Only could do it with one finger, not all four. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back