• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Vincent Corazza and Richard Epcar Not Reprising Roles in KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
But we still have a cap of Demyx sitting on a couch talking to Roxas. Granted that could just be restaging.

WayToDusk

Why are they recasting KH1 in the HD Remix for? Can't they just recycle all the voice overs in both KH1 and KH Re:COM? I mean look at all the HD collections they did not recast

Because there will be scenes from the Final Mix version added, which were never voiced before. It would be really awkward to be playing as Sora with a childish pre-puberty voice for the whole game, then see one of those scenes where he suddenly has a much deeper voice, then go back to the higher voice. Although it may not be recast so much as redubbed...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Because there will be scenes from the Final Mix version added, which were never voiced before. It would be really awkward to be playing as Sora with a childish pre-puberty voice for the whole game, then see one of those scenes where he suddenly has a much deeper voice, then go back to the higher voice. Although it may not be recast so much as redubbed...

There weren't many new scenes in KHFM, and even less had Sora in them. The few that did include Sora where he did have a speaking role were able to recycle his lines from other scenes rather seamlessly. There's no need to redub them.

roxaven

I didn't get to play KHFM but I remember a there was a scene where Sora fights Xemnas and he had his normal English speaking voice. Wonder of there will be a secret ending or something new? o.o

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I didn't get to play KHFM but I remember a there was a scene where Sora fights Xemnas and he had his normal English speaking voice. Wonder of there will be a secret ending or something new? o.o

Xemnas/Enigmatic Man does not have spoken words in that scene. He just has silent lines that come on screen.

Nomura has already confirmed that there will be no new secret endings in 1.5 HD ReMIX.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Xemnas/Enigmatic Man does not have spoken words in that scene. He just has silent lines that come on screen.

I think she's talking about Sora being in English which she would right about. I know Sora has the lines "Who are you" and "What's that supposed to mean?" spoken in English

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
It would be epic if they got Paul St. Peter to dub for Xemnas' voice in that cutscene.
To be honest, I would actually like if they added his voice in for that scene too.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm mixed. I love the mystery behind the way EM didn't have a voice and it made the scene very eerie, but I think it'd be great if during the battle EM had battle grunts.

I think she's talking about Sora being in English which she would right about. I know Sora has the lines "Who are you" and "What's that supposed to mean?" spoken in English

Ohhh. Oops xD

Then in reference to that, those were recycled lines.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
It was sort of like Sora's Dive to the Heart with how silent everything was.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
For the sake of the amount of confusion it would bring to people unfamiliar with who the Enigmatic Man is in the first game I think they'll use Paul St. Peter to dub the voice.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
But they don't need to, if people watch the FM secret ending and then Days, confusion would clear up easily.

why cater to people's confusion when it's only temporary?

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Just saying that there's not much point in trying to avoid confusing players. People who played KH2 would know who he is, whereas people who haven't will be confused regardless.

OmegaVanitas

I find those two not reprising their roles very unlikely. They probably haven't been contacted yet or they don't want to reveal anthing yet.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Eh, who knows if they've been contact yet. Personally, I hope they get called in soon. And whomever else is needed too :)

Pisceanreve

wow...I actually read through all that.
So, for the purposes of just stating my opinion and not intentionally trying to "start something back up," I'll say that I really love most every VA for KH. Larxene is amazing, in my opinion. I'm indifferent to the MenaVSMandy thing, though I would absolutely LOVE if Andrea Bowen was chosen as the official Aerith voice because in Crisis Core, she was perfection.
Can someone explain how Vexen's actor "blew up"?

Also, as for the Ansem thing (sorry), Billy Zane is the only one for me. Epcar's good...for another series or whatever, just he doesn't fit the bill for Xehanort or Ansem. He just sounds like a one-dimensional anime character...kinda like Naraku from Inuyasha (the voice was fitting for that type of character).
I don't think it's relevant to tell someone to move on because it's been years. That's like making a remake for the movie Grease with a new Danny Zuko and telling everyone to get over John Travolta because it's been so many years (you get the idea). Sorry, it's just Zane is so amazing, talented, and perfect as Ansem.
As for Namine...I've seen a lot of preference towards Brittany Snow, but I don't mind. Obviously, Snow isn't coming back.

I'm so glad to hear there are Final Mix scenes! Square is pretty smart to recycle the line found only in the obscure alternate Monstro scene. Without discovering that scene (10 years later lol), I never would have recognized it!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I don't think it's relevant to tell someone to move on because it's been years. That's like making a remake for the movie Grease with a new Danny Zuko and telling everyone to get over John Travolta because it's been so many years (you get the idea).
Well, Grease 2 was made without John Travolta.
Meanwhile, KH has had many sequels featuring the same character with a more consistent voice. I don't think it's a good comparison to compare something that was made with only one sequel without the main character of the first, to a game series with many sequels featuring the same character over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back