• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Vincent Corazza and Richard Epcar Not Reprising Roles in KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
i still don't really feel like mena suvari was ever tHAT bad..

Xagzan

Awards
Maybe or maybe not. Though, it'd be nice to see that scene in that manga where Demyx calls Xigbar an old man and Xiggy goes all out on him or Demyx's line about him being glad that Larxene's out, because he doesn't have to play gopher. Demyx is hilarous, especially as his American English Voice Actor played Kovu as a cub in the Lion King 2: Simba's Pride.

And, I'd like to hear Larxene's voice, even if it's annoying. Are they by any chance going to use those cutscenes where Larxene and Vexen are training Roxas from earlier in the game?

Whoa, whoa! The Wendy's girl was not annoying! She did a damn fine job--honestly, I think only someone like Grey Delisle could've done even better.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Whoa, whoa! The Wendy's girl was not annoying! She did a damn fine job--honestly, I think only someone like Grey Delisle could've done even better.

Wasn't Wendy Darling from Peter Pan also voiced by the same actress that voiced Alice in Alice in the Wonderland? Maybe, not in the game, but what about the movies?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wasn't Wendy Darling from Peter Pan also voiced by the same actress that voiced Alice in Alice in the Wonderland? Maybe, not in the game, but what about the movies?

No, he's referring to the Wendy's fast food commercials, the girl who Shanelle Gray voices as well as Larxene.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, let's hope some of the fans just cause the actors to quit.
I.... no... what...?

Well, people were spamming Even/Vexen's page, right and he nearly blew up. That's how. Would an actor quit due to something like that?
No!
Voice actors should expect to get fans bombarding them with "are you in this?", "You coming back as...?"
It's just a shame that Mr. Prince blew up about it.

flurryflames

I.... no... what...?

No!
Voice actors should expect to get fans bombarding them with "are you in this?", "You coming back as...?"
Where do people get the information about the VAs?

Prince blew up on the fans? Damn yep definity I can see that side of Vexen from him.
Did he not think that anyone who VA's from Kingdom Hearts wouldn't be popular or to some people be known some kind of celebrity in the fans eyes? I know the fanbase can be really crazy. This makes me wonder if Xaldin's VA is still in trouble for beating up a neighbor due to something about towels.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Where do people get the information about the VAs?

You mean their contact info? Some of them have official sites, Facebook pages, Twitter accounts, etc. It's a bit difficult to filter through all the fakes, but they exist.

Prince blew up on the fans? Damn yep definity I can see that side of Vexen from him.
Did he not think that anyone who VA's from Kingdom Hearts wouldn't be popular or to some people be known some kind of celebrity in the fans eyes? I know the fanbase can be really crazy. This makes me wonder if Xaldin's VA is still in trouble for beating up a neighbor due to something about towels.

I think he was aware, but he wasn't prepared by the sudden onslaught of messages. Considering the situation, I figure a handful of them were written professionally or even politely.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Mena Suvari was fairly dreadful, imo. No emotion whatsoever. But different strokes for different folks I suppose.

No!

Yeah, imagine what actual celebrities have to go through on a daily basis (no offence to Derek). It was a bit unprofessional tbh.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
How could you say that his stuff was so little, how could you forget his epic entrance on DI, with the cloak?! Lol

And no I genuinely feel the natural dark nature of Zane's voice was superior to Epcar's. as I said, it's just obvious Epcar is trying so hard. What I mean by this, because there are tons of voice actors who can get their voices to sound different, but they sound natural, Epcar just falls short of the mark because its clear its not a natural tone for his voice.

Trust me, if me feeling nostalgia for the first game got in the way of my views on the series, I would be furious and have quit the series long ago lol

These scenes I know only in German voices, so there actually isn't something to forget. ;P

I don't felt Epcar was "trying too hard" in DDD at all, Ansem SoD sounded perfectly fine to me. Bonus points for close resemblance of Terra-Xehanort's voice from BBS.
If you speak of voice actors getting their voices to sound different, just look at Jesse McCartney's work on Roxas and Ventus, they actually sound vastly different when asking Riku the questions in DDD.

Haha, alright, maybe it's also partly from my side that I never understood this constant flipping about Zane when Epcar voices him for nearly the entire series and has fun with it.

Suspicion-denial incoming from a Zane "worshipper," if you can worship a performance: It might surprise people to hear this coming from such a person, but Epcar is a good voice actor. He is a genuine guy, he does get better every game, and I definitely have always liked and respected him as a VA. But none of that has any bearing on who I think is simply better for a part. I said it somewhere on gamefaqs once. In my opinion, a voice like Epcar's works much more suitably for characters like Batou (GitS), Zangetsu (Bleach), or hell, if we're talking about KH, Lexaeus used to be the first character I'd think of when I'd think Richard Epcar. You know, the tough, gruff, usually stoic types, with a voice hard as stone. He has that down. Not so much the hammy, grandiose personification of evil like Ansem is.

So in response to

Yeah, does have his own style. And I've just never thought that style was right for the character of Ansem as he was introduced. I don't want him to be Zane; I want Ansem to feel like Ansem.

Well, isn't "stoic" being also one of Ansem SoD's primary traits? That said though, I am a person who picks coherence over preference, and it is not deniable that Richard Epcar is by now the official voice of Ansem SoD for the whole series, so although I doubt they would go the extra mile and re-dub stuff that's already there I certainly won't throw a fit if they actually did it just because there isn't any Zane anymore then.
Or in short, I'm practically indifferent as I like Epcar quite enough and think he does a good job, so I don't really get all that fuss about Zane.

Have you ever taken into consideration that the character of Ansem changed over the course of the series as we learned more about him and his origins and connections with Xehanort and Terra? The character of Ansem during the series may have changed from the way "as he was introduced".

Riku/Sora-Rule

I don't felt Epcar was "trying too hard" in DDD at all, Ansem SoD sounded perfectly fine to me. Bonus points for close resemblance of Terra-Xehanort's voice from BBS.

That's because Epcar voiced terra-Xehanort in BBS lol.

And let me rephrase. I didn't mean trying too hard, I meant you can hear it, that it wasn't natural for his voice, that he was trying to make his voice deep and dark, whereas Zane's speaking voice in real life, just made even deeper and darker, was natural and sounded perfect for the character, over the forced evil tone in Epcar's voice.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
And let me rephrase. I didn't mean trying too hard, I meant you can hear it, that it wasn't natural for his voice, that he was trying to make his voice deep and dark, whereas Zane's speaking voice in real life, just made even deeper and darker, was natural and sounded perfect for the character, over the forced evil tone in Epcar's voice.

I don't know.
I don't think Epcars Ansem voice is that much different from his natural voice.

Richard Epcar On Camera - YouTube
Kingdom Hearts Re: CoM English - Reverse/Rebirth - Part 4 Dual Tutorial - YouTube

Might just be me though?

Xagzan

Awards
Well, isn't "stoic" being also one of Ansem SoD's primary traits?

?

And even when he's not being overly hammy in KH1, there was always just a sheer, almost gleeful malevolence to his voice that I just don't think Epcar can match. And he actually did try, back when he was trying to copy Zane's performance initially in KH2--we know how that turned out.

That said though, I am a person who picks coherence over preference, and it is not deniable that Richard Epcar is by now the official voice of Ansem SoD for the whole series, so although I doubt they would go the extra mile and re-dub stuff that's already there I certainly won't throw a fit if they actually did it just because there isn't any Zane anymore then.

I think you mean continuity, as both Zane and Epcar are equally coherent. But still, in that case, I approach continuity differently. I'm someone for whom contuinity is generally established with the first entry (if the successor is vastly superior, maybe that changes things). So, you say it would break continuity to have Zane return. But for me, the continuity was broken by his departure, and has remained broken since. And again, I know they won't redub it. But I still wish they would.

Have you ever taken into consideration that the character of Ansem changed over the course of the series as we learned more about him and his origins and connections with Xehanort and Terra? The character of Ansem during the series may have changed from the way "as he was introduced".

Learning more about a character's backstory =/= character development. Not without active growth on Ansem's part. And KH has never really emphasized character that much outside of a few. Certainly not Ansem's.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Seeing someone's post on the Leon voice actor issue made me wonder something... Do we have any idea who Yuffie's "official VA" is now? It seems to be a little up in the air, like the Hayden and Alyson thing is. Christy Carlson Romano voiced her in KHI and Advent Children, where as Mae Whitman voiced her in KHII and Dirge of Cerberus. I'm so confused:/

And as for Andrea Bowen, wouldn't it be safe to assume that she will be the one approached for Aerith (since Mandy and Mena haven't reprised their roles lately)? I'm just guessing, though, as I don't really know how these things work.

Tbh, I wouldn't mind if we had Andrea as Aerith from now on. She did well in Crisis Core, and I liked her more than Mena (and since it seems Mandy isn't coming back...)

DarkStar165

Why are they recasting KH1 in the HD Remix for? Can't they just recycle all the voice overs in both KH1 and KH Re:COM? I mean look at all the HD collections they did not recast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back