• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Vincent Corazza and Richard Epcar Not Reprising Roles in KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Hey guys!

While Jesse McCartney has confirmed voice acting for a localised version of KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX, and Alyson Stoner hints at returning as Xion, forum member Taochan emailed voice actors Vincent Corazza and Richard Epcar asking if they would be reprising their roles as Zexion and Ansem Seeker of Darkness respectively. Unfortunately, neither could confirm their involvement with KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX.

You can view the email images under [READ MORE]!

While they did not confirm their involvement in the game, this does not completely remove the possiblity of them returning to voice their characters. It could mean that they don't want to break their NDA(Non-Disclosure Agreement), that they have been contacted by Square Enix but haven't started voice acting work for the character yet, that they haven't be contacted by Square Enix yet, or their character doesn't have any spoken roles in the game.

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX releases March 14th 2013 in Japan. There is no confirmed date for other regions.

-Roxas-XIII-

Well if I recall correctly, Ansem SOD doesn't appear in DAYS at all so there's no reason Richard Epcar would need to do any voice recordings at all. Zexion, however, definitely has spoken lines in DAYS that need to be recorded. I assume that he just has not been contacted yet. Either that or they won't be recreating those particular 'text bubble' scenes with Zexion talking to Roxas.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Well if I recall correctly, Ansem SOD doesn't appear in DAYS at all so there's no reason Richard Epcar would need to do any voice recordings at all.
Riku embraces the darkness and his body takes the form of Ansem SoD in Days.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm guessing they're opting to recycle the original recordings from Days for Ansem-possessed Riku rather than calling Epcar back?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yeah it's unsure if they'd given Ansem SoD any more lines in Days but if they did then Richard would be in on it.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Hopefully he'll just be contacted later or something since there's not that many lines for him to go through *wishful bastard*

So they're gonna keep Billy Zane's voice in KH1, I guess. It's not like I was expecting different but after having Richard voice over Ansem for the flashback scenes in KH2 made me curious

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ten years. Ten years. Ten years. Ten years. Ten years. Ten years. Ten years. Ten years. Actually it will be eleven years this year. Eleven years.

I worry that 1.5 will reignite the "BILLY ZANE" fire that somehow remains alive even eleven years later. The man is in awful Lifetime and Hallmark films now. Richard Epcar is fantastic. *done*

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
That's silly.

Why? It's not like they have an endless supply of money. It's expected that they'd recycle recordings wherever they can.

I wish they could get Billy Zane to do the voice of Xehanort's Heartless like in the first game.

Epcar has greatly improved to the point where the vast majority honestly.. don't want Billy Zane back to replace him. True, his performance in the original KH was excellent, but it's been over a decade since then. Move on.

cloudzack117

i guess either they are either A. not breaking their NDA's, or B havent started recording yet. Wasn't epcar one of the first to hint at DDD's localisation? i would assume that square would be cracking down on that

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
i guess either they are either A. not breaking their NDA's, or B havent started recording yet. Wasn't epcar one of the first to hint at DDD's localisation? i would assume that square would be cracking down on that
And then Jesse goes and uploads videos and pictures straight from the recording booth.

Antisoul

As much as I love Epcar's voice, I am partial to Billy Zane. He just did an awesome job with Ansem and I was actually heart broken when KH2 came along and Zane was gone :(

But Epcar has grown on me since then, so I won't be upset either way heh...

Xagzan

Awards
That's silly. I wish they could get Billy Zane to do the voice of Xehanort's Heartless like in the first game.

Well, of course they Could. But they won't :(

Why? It's not like they have an endless supply of money. It's expected that they'd recycle recordings wherever they can.

Epcar has greatly improved to the point where the vast majority honestly.. don't want Billy Zane back to replace him. True, his performance in the original KH was excellent, but it's been over a decade since then. Move on.

No. And I would very much like to see your statistics on this.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Richard Epcar has voiced Xehanort's Heartless more times than Zane and his performance is excellent.

Zane's position as Ansem seeker of darkness has long been over, and a great deal of us are fine with that

Xagzan

Awards
Actually, he probably didn't want to return. No doubt he just did it as a one off.

Maybe. We never did learn the true reason. But still. I'm sure he has a price. I mean, they got Sir. Christopher. Lee to return for a DS game, and they even got Leonard Nimoy back!

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
They both sound the same to me, I think people are just being nit picky and making a big deal out of something that should be forgotten by now

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Gonna go with not recording yet. Just making an assumption here(and we all know the saying), but given there's a reasonable amount of editting that goes into the voice clips after they're done(like leveling, raising/lowering pitches, etc.), it makes sense to get all of the major actors out of the way first so that editting can be done while the rest of the minor roles can go in.

Thus the reason the only two real confirmations/hints we have are McCartney and Stoner so far. But yeah, I'm just speculating here.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Gonna go with not recording yet. Just making an assumption here(and we all know the saying), but given there's a reasonable amount of editting that goes into the voice clips after they're done(like leveling, raising/lowering pitches, etc.), it makes sense to get all of the major actors out of the way first so that editting can be done while the rest of the minor roles can go in.

Thus the reason the only two real confirmations/hints we have are McCartney and Stoner so far. But yeah, I'm just speculating here.
Thinking the same in Vincent's case, due to their being a screen of Demyx having lines so I can't see Zexion having nothing.

With Epcar though I just think there aren't going to be any new scenes in the HD version of Days for him to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back