• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

View the Kingdom Hearts Union X Summer Adventure Cutscenes!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Kingdom Hearts Union χ is celebrating all things Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days in the month of August. Part of the celebration is a limited time Summer Adventure storyline! Each day, cutscenes from the event will be uploaded so you can follow along if you don't have the game or look back on the event once it is over!

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

DAY 8

DAY 9

DAY 10

DAY 14

DAY 17

DAY 18

DAY 19

Day 20

DAY 21

DAY 22

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts III, The World Ends With You and all things Kingdom Hearts

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
That’s it for the Summer Adventure! :)

A loooot of filler and some often confusing dialogue because no one has names, but I found the ending really cute. I’d like more of these during the times of the month when the main story isn’t going anywhere, but it’d be nicer if future events would be a more focused and contained with less filler. Like there was no point in going to Agrabah or to spend an entire day waiting for the characters to move into the next room.

SomeKHFan

Awards
Seeing the last vid really made me think that Daybreak Town eventually became Twilight Town. We've seen worlds change before like Radiant Garden to Hollow Bastion and back and Timeless River to Disney Town then Disney Castle. So it's potentially possible, however slight.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
That’s it for the Summer Adventure! :)

A loooot of filler and some often confusing dialogue because no one has names, but I found the ending really cute. I’d like more of these during the times of the month when the main story isn’t going anywhere, but it’d be nicer if future events would be a more focused and contained with less filler. Like there was no point in going to Agrabah or to spend an entire day waiting for the characters to move into the next room.
And I clearly remember the moogle head dude being called Mog once in dialogue from way back. Why they don't bother to name them or at the very least give them individual descriptors is ridiculous.

Leopardess

Legendary Member
Awards
It had its issues, but I thoroughly enjoyed the Summer Adventure event. Bummed that there were no jewels involved, but it was fun. Hope they do of these, but with jewels as rewards.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
And I clearly remember the moogle head dude being called Mog once in dialogue from way back. Why they don't bother to name them or at the very least give them individual descriptors is ridiculous.
“Bandana Leader”, “Mog Head”, “Frog Cap”, and “Keyblade Wielderwith a sparkly Afro and Halloween Town Goofy Glasses” have been my nicknames for them.

One thing I forgot to mention before is I hope future events don’t have pointless changes. Aside from some translations choices, the characters expressions were changed from JP to Global. In JP they were more reactive to what was going on around them but in Global this was changed to just be a majority of blank expressions. It’s a pointless change, and one that doesn’t make sense, so I’d hope they won’t do this in the future.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Tbh I'm not really sure what I should take from this?

Like, what's the point of all this exactly?
Doing some filler stuff with a bunch of no-name third grade NPCs feels like somewhat of a waste. It's almost like the whole "seven wonders of Twilight Town"-quest you do in KH 2 with Roxas and HPO, but they had at least been given names and it served to give more hints towards that Twilight Town being not what it seems to be.

Here I am left scratching my head wondering what this all is about.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Tbh I'm not really sure what I should take from this?

Like, what's the point of all this exactly?
Doing some filler stuff with a bunch of no-name third grade NPCs feels like somewhat of a waste. It's almost like the whole "seven wonders of Twilight Town"-quest you do in KH 2 with Roxas and HPO, but they had at least been given names and it served to give more hints towards that Twilight Town being not what it seems to be.

Here I am left scratching my head wondering what this all is about.
This month was a celebration of all things 358/2 Days. This was a side event, which have been prevalent in the Japanese version of the game but mostly ignored in Global.

It’s not something that should have been viewed as massive and game changing, but it lets the game devs go outside the box and have some fun plot outside of the main story, while giving some character development to the friends of the Player.

The problem was the character developement and friendship between the friends felt lost because no one had a name and a lot of the event was wasted on pointless stuff, like the time spent in Agrabah.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Yeah, it's really annoying. That character is the only one who was ever referred to by anything other than just "Keyblade Wielder"; Mog in JP, Moogle Head in Global. But then they NEVER used it again lol

“Bandana Leader”, “Mog Head”, “Frog Cap”, and “Keyblade Wielderwith a sparkly Afro and Halloween Town Goofy Glasses” have been my nicknames for them.

One thing I forgot to mention before is I hope future events don’t have pointless changes. Aside from some translations choices, the characters expressions were changed from JP to Global. In JP they were more reactive to what was going on around them but in Global this was changed to just be a majority of blank expressions. It’s a pointless change, and one that doesn’t make sense, so I’d hope they won’t do this in the future.

Crossposting the JP subbed scenes here :D

[video=youtube;IS5-IMSxnQY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS5-IMSxnQY[/video]

[video=youtube;lrRyMGUaf38]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrRyMGUaf38[/video]

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Fun thing is, the ending definitely gave more KH II vibes than it did 358/2 Days.
I don't recall if I've said this when I talked about improving Ux a few days ago, but doing scenarios like these was definitely what I had in mind. Give me things such as these instead of going to Agrabah in both the sidequest and the main story.
Hopefully next time it'll be a more engaging story that you can't see the outcome on day 3, something actually crafted from pure inspiration and not some omage/collab thing, and we'll know who is talking when.
And of course, if they can let go of filler and cheap cliffhangers (if we can call them that) the better. I understand wanting to build interest and that every day they gain is a day where they don't have to come up with anything else, but "Hey we're here" [defeats Heartless] "Hey what's over there?" [see ya tomorrow] is a little extreme.

Seriously, there's so much stuff one could do.

My arms and mouth are raised upwards
This means I'm happy or at the very least in the positive mood spectrum

Now my mouth is wide open
I'm either sad, disappointed, protesting, distraught, heartbroken or something that could be mildly or immensely surprising just happened in my proximity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back