• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Video Games and Concerts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm not sure if this is a new trend or not, but concerts with canon backstories/information seems to be becoming more common?

First we've got Kingdom Hearts concerts that are detailing the developing relationship (not romantic) between Lea and Kairi. Now I've learned that Nier is doing something similar and further expanding on the relationship between the two main characters (which is romantic imo). While KH has the possibility of making it in game, the latter does not.

Is it becoming common practice to start expelling canon info in concerts or something? In Nier's case, who knows if the information will even get officially translated (Nier/Drakengard has an even worse track record when it comes to localization compared to Kingdom Hearts)

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I personally haven't heard of anything like this. The Legend of Zelda Symphony doesn't do this as far as I know. I don't think Capcom Live! does anything story related either (though I could be wrong). Even if it's canon, it doesn't seem to be very important information. More so a special tidbit just for attending.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Sounds like a Square thing so far, weird (Nier is Square, right?). They should really include this in Kingdom Hearts III in the form of a report or a memoir or a hidden cutscene or something, because keeping mostly in the dark about this stuff is definitely not the way this type of information should be handled (especially with the plot details that were in the first concert series).

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I personally haven't heard of anything like this. The Legend of Zelda Symphony doesn't do this as far as I know. I don't think Capcom Live! does anything story related either (though I could be wrong). Even if it's canon, it doesn't seem to be very important information. More so a special tidbit just for attending.

In Nier's case... I'd say it's substantial information. I can't even hint at what it's about because spoilers, but due to the nature of the game it probably couldn't have been included. At the same time, it also should have been. Complicated.

But anyway... maybe it's just Nomura and Taro trying to give more to their fans the easy way. They both had the voice actors come on stage and read the lines with the music and everything. That is easier than making in game cutscenes I guess.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
In Nier's case... I'd say it's substantial information. I can't even hint at what it's about because spoilers, but due to the nature of the game it probably couldn't have been included. At the same time, it also should have been. Complicated.

But anyway... maybe it's just Nomura and Taro trying to give more to their fans the easy way. They both had the voice actors come on stage and read the lines with the music and everything. That is easier than making in game cutscenes I guess.

I suppose. I would still like to see a cutscene. Maybe, Square Enix could upload the cutscenes on their Youtube channel or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back