• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

video game too violent?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

video games too violent?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • maybe

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythological Omega

the arsenal of megadeth
Depends on the person playing the game. If the player is playing a violent game, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, for example, he may get the idea that he can pull off all the shit in it. If he thinks he can get away with doing something violent, he trys it. My opinion.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
If we could a definition of where the limits of where 'violence' ends and 'too violent' begins, then this may help us form an opinion on the matter, otherwise the question is too vague for a decent answer.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Easy question. No.

For every Quake 4, there is a Mario. The only reason people ever get the idea that games are too violent is when the only names they know are Grand Theft Auto and Doom.

Shadukai X

Banned
Of course games are violent, that nots the problem.

Its the idiotic little brats that take that violence and apply it into their own lives, causing them to do something ridiculously stupid, thus making the gaming community, and games, look bad.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Games aren't too violent. They need MORE violence! Every game should have decapitations and blood pouring onto the screen. I stand for more violence in games.

Josiah

Quarian Power!
the thing about games, is that it's not reality, people!!!! .__.;; Of course, if your playing a Mature game, you shouldn't be 8, pulling people's spines out, but they are just video games. :/ That's my take on the whole subject... People are blowing it WAY Out of proportion, saying violent video games cause people to do the violent things they see!! :thumbdown:

MP3Gamefreak

No. I don't think that video games are violent. Like mythological omega said, it depends on the person playing the game. Well, that is what I just think.

Peace.

Zaraki

i said mabye. i think some games like Gears of war are really violent(which is great) but i wouldnt someone 9 years old or younger to play it. it might mess them up for the rest of there lives

pk para

Truth is, games are violent.

However, the reason why a game might be considered too violent is when some <!@#$%&*> who hasn't yet obtained a certain level of maturity is playing it.

Violence is what makes most games fun. I mean, really, who wants to sit around all day collecting flowers?

I see most video games as an escape from reality, and the people who don't realize that are the ones causing a lot of trouble.

Things like regular sports game aren't the problem. I don't consider them much of an escape from reality. Not many people get arrested for being uber at soccer =P.

P.S. I think that esrb (E,T,M,AO,ect) doesn't cover everything, but I guess it's the best way to give an idea of what said inmature people can't handle. I've seen 10 yr olds that were more mature than 19 year olds being denied a video game because of age, when it was the 19 yr olds that would have immatated it.

antiformkeyblade

never betray. never.
Games are not to violent, angry parents that are too stupid to realize what their kids are playing, are the problem. They get angry when they see their kids playing GTA, but the bought the game for the kids! DUH! parents are stupid.

Then they get angry and try to sue the game company for making a violent game.

So no, games arent violent, parents are stupid.

Cid Highwind

The Captain
sure video games can be somewhat violent, but i don't think its enough to influence normal ppl to do dumb things, its just those idiots who aren't smart enough to realize that what you are playing is not real and it's just a video game. and besides, games could be a lot more violent anyway.
here are some suggestions to make games even more violent:

1)torture (anyway possible)
2)rape (even to the younger ppl) and sexual abuse
3)beating children to death (o yeah, belts can be used)
4)eating babies
5)destroying others with your wang

imagine that.

System Shock

Bronze Member
Awards
it all depends on who is playin it, if a 15 year old is playin San Andreas, they dont think they can do this, and probably wont try it, but if a 8 year old is playin San Andreas...........that would be something entirely different

but with all the mature knowledge that is being passed to the younger kids, they might need to lower the age limits on video games

personally i think M games should be 16/15 and up, and T games should be 10/11 and up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back