• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Video Game Controversey (COD:BO commercial)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
As most of you already know, there's a commercial of Call of Duty: Black Ops that features Lakers' super star Kobe Bryant holding a gun and firing. I can't remember what day, but I was watching ESPN and they were having an interesting discussion about it.
YouTube - CALLOFDUTY's Channel

Basically, people are a little upset that the commercial shows a supposedly role model for kids firing a gun. However, does that really make your son get an AK-47 and kill someone? Does that make Kobe Bryant and the people who made that commercial responsible?

What are your thoughts?

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
As most of you already know, there's a commercial of Call of Duty: Black Ops that features Lakers' super star Kobe Bryant holding a gun and firing. I can't remember what day, but I was watching ESPN and they were having an interesting discussion about it.
YouTube - CALLOFDUTY's Channel

Basically, people are a little upset that the commercial shows a supposedly role model for kids firing a gun. However, does that really make your son get an AK-47 and kill someone? Does that make Kobe Bryant and the people who made that commercial responsible?

What are your thoughts?

Obviously it does. Kobe should be locked in jail for this.

The people complaining about this commercial are incompetent morons.

Not only does the game revolve around the heroes of our country, defending our freedom. But in general, violent video games have been proven to relieve stress and discourage minors from going postal in school.

EDIT:
If for some reason Kobe Bryant is some kid's role model, maybe this commercial will encourage that kid to someday defend our country. Or at the very least appreciate those that do. So by all means, play this commercial everyday.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
i don't see why Kobe being in it is such a big deal, i've heard some people complain about when it aired on tv, apparently sunday morning during football. i can see why some parents might be upset if their kids watched it when they probably didn't want them seeing it

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Soldiers carry weapons. Police Officers carry weapons. Does that make them bad role models?

Stories like this are stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back