• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Viacom-Direct TV dispute

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Comedy Central is almost literally all I watch. If this happens I think I may end up dropping TV altogether, not even kidding.

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
and this is why im glad i have xfinity

but in all honesty, that sucks for those who use direct-tv. i mean, no MTV? how will you live? jk. that channel's turned god-awful anyway

Twilightheaven

Twilight Warrior of the Stars
Awards
If Viacom wants to leave then i say let them. Legend of Korra is the only show I watch and I can get that on the internet. Viacom has not done anything good since the late 90's when Nick was at its peak.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Yeah, all the Nick channels, Spike, VH1, MTV, CC, TV land, bunch of others right now are just on a looped message from DirecTV. Not the first time this has happened with DirecTV. Seems like they keep losing channels every year.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Sadly, most of those channels listed are ones that I watch a lot(Nick, MTV, and Spike). I don't get what DirecTV's problem is. If it's only a few pennies a day, then it shouldn't be a big deal. They're just too money-hungry to give up three, four pennies a day. >.>

Sorax 122

Nick is now constantly running commercials about how we should call DirectTV and demand that Direct not suspend the channels. This really sucks. Now what am I going to do without my Korra, Colbert report, Daily Show, Teen Wolf, and Tosh.0.

Edit: Well now all of those channels are just playing music. Sadness. :(

Last edited:

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I know it's not related, but Dish gets the short end of the stick too. Apparently, we get no AMC because of a dispute between the companies. No Breaking Bad or Walking Dead for me D: Instead, we get this shitty movie streaming channel that shows shitty movies. Yay :/

And my parents were actually thinking of getting Direct TV before this fiasco; better go tell them now that that's not an option. Now we might have to get Comcast or something.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
The worst thing about this is that a lot of shows will get lower ratings now. Including Korra D:

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
The Game! D: How dare they take that away from people!

The game is pretty much overa nyway. I dont reeally watch tv as much as i just stream it online. If i woke up late and misses young justive I would wait 4 hours before it uploaded to youtube. Yes ratings would plummet but it wouldnt be the shows fualt. The channels are just gonna have to settle or else

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
The Game! D: How dare they take that away from people!

Took the words right out of my mouth (even though I confess that, with Pooch and Mowry leaving, I'm not sure I'm all that interested in the 6th season). And I still enjoy catching the odd episode of 106 & Park depending on who's on it, and a few black movies that aren't really shown elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back