• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Veteran gamer. New to Kingdom Hearts. What difficulty mode?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gryffin

[FONT=&quot]Just got 1.5 HD Remix for PS3. Getting ready to start it, but I want to see what difficulty mode you recommend. I'm late 20s and have been playing games of all genres my entire life. However, I've never enjoyed super grueling games. Basically, will normal difficulty be too easy or just right?
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Also, is there anything you really wish you had known when you first started, menu stuff or little techniques that are never explained, or anything really (except for spoilers please)?[/FONT]

Sorarocks93

Awards
If you've played a lot of games on their hardest difficulty I'd suggest playing on Proud Mode for the first game. Normal would be too easy otherwise. I think you'll enjoy it more that way.

As for Chain of Memories, I think it depends on wether you like the battle system in that one. It's different so yeah.

First time I played it, I chose the easiest difficulty, and I sucked at the game. But I always played games on easy back then. I'd probably facepalm really hard if I saw footage of my very first playthrough now. :p

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Just got 1.5 HD Remix for PS3. Getting ready to start it, but I want to see what difficulty mode you recommend. I'm late 20s and have been playing games of all genres my entire life. However, I've never enjoyed super grueling games. Basically, will normal difficulty be too easy or just right?

You probably won't mind going into the harder difficulty for KH1. It's worth noting that KH1 (but not Re:CoM) contains content that you can unlock in different ways based on the game's difficulty. The higher the difficulty, the less you have to do to unlock the content, as a means of compensating you for the general higher difficulty.

I would definitely not play Re:Chain of Memories on hard until you've played the game at least once. The game is very different from the rest of the series, and it takes a while to get used to. Heck there's probably not any shame in playing it on Easy - you might want to go through the tutorial and think about how things are going.

Also, is there anything you really wish you had known when you first started, menu stuff or little techniques that are never explained, or anything really (except for spoilers please)?

A few mechanics that happen in the opening few minutes of the game are never explained in-game. Please play the game yourself to experience them, but I'll leave this post to explain what they're about in case you want to read it later. You'll know when. I'm going to put them behind spoiler tags if they're nagging at you - don't worry, there are no narrative spoilers in here, it's purely about mechanics.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

If you play the game on the highest difficulty, you'll be given an Ability called "EXP Zero" while playing. This is purely for people who want to challenge themselves by beating the game at Level 1 - you can safely ignore it.

The game has a few early missable items and story events. Just be thorough - there aren't that many, thankfully. The series learned its lesson after KH1 and basically never did that again, so you don't need to worry about that in any later games.

Once you control teammates, change their AI for the love of Walt Disney or they will use all their Items and MP the moment a fight starts! Unfortunately, the game won't let you change their AI for a little while, but the moment it does...!

As for Re:CoM... if you're having trouble in Re:CoM, please feel free to come back to the forums and ask for help. I'd gladly help you right now, but the game takes a while to get used to and you wouldn't know what I'm talking about until you've been behind the wheel for a few hours.

I wouldn't recommend you play the "movie" copy of 358/2 Days that's on the 1.5 collection. It's there because that's where the game takes place in chronological order, but 358/2 Days (the game) was actually released after Kingdom Hearts 2. If you're enjoying the series, please hold off on Days or you'll get some spoilers for KH2!

Last edited:

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Proud mode definitely. It's hard in the beginning because everything kills you in 2 hits, but once you get over that you'll be fine. Besides, you can always make it easier by grinding. KH will be as hard as you want it to be, if you overlevel you'll probably never die once, even on the hardest mode, but if you just go through it without stopping to grind it'll be more challenging.

Also, don't underestimate mobs. Especially in the beginning, don't get caught in the middle of several enemies, they hit hard on Proud mode and you'll be dead in seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back