• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Version 1.02 Patch released for KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I'm not being complacent about anything? Osaka is taking our criticism seriously and now we're criticizing a nonexistent problem. You may have this game mixed up with FFXV, which had bosses who were complete artificial difficulty, every boss in this title has some kind of rhyme or reason if you have the patience to pay attention and not just button mash. When his core is showing, you attack. Shotlock does a bar of damage without the core being exposed and it reveals it. When it turns red and charge, you use barrier. In phase 2, you attack when it stays still. There are many cues for you pick up on even if you don't see a neon sign pointing you to it.

You completely misunderstand me. You keep suggesting that I'm having difficulty; untrue. I beat the final boss first try on Proud. Not bragging. It wasn't fun. It was tedious, janky, and boring. If you have to litter the battlefield with boxes so you can keep doing shotlocks, (boring mechanic) chances are the boss isn't fun to physically attack, which means the game is failing at making it's primary function work. Sometimes the thing has high defense. Sometimes it doesn't. There's no clear indication of how to trigger this transition, it's just random. It's DM traps you and makes you fall into it's shitty pit of projectiles. Again, you're forced to take hits here which is dumb. I also find bosses that play keepaway to be annoying. 0.2 is a fine demo but the swarm fights are objectively poorly designed and as soon as you're out of your post release afterglow you'll realize this.

Hirokey123

Awards
Actually it's not random in terms of defense. It's based on how exposed the orb is and you can use a shotlock to instantly put it into a low defense state provided you get at least one excellent on it. You will notice when you use a shot lock and it makes contact that all the shadows turn purple for just a split second indicating that the orb has just been exposed. It will start to build up its shadow defense over time after it's broken down. Also to be clear you don't need to use a shotlock to expose the orb it's just the fastest way I've found to do so.

Likewise for the desperation move you kinda don't understand it all if you think you HAVE to be hit. All you have to do is air dash and use one full melee combo to help prolong your air time. Your goal is to remain in the air long enough to outlast the attack and if you look like you're going to be hit just air dash out of the way, the air dash has i-frames as well as moves so you can dodge out of the way. I mean it's a mandatory attack to face at least once and there are quite a few no damage videos showing slightly different takes on how to accomplish the same thing. You're not forced to take hits on this boss fight at all.

https://youtu.be/JtfC6xbYNC8?t=834

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Was their a patch before this? Some graphical changes have been made, but not mentioned in the patch notes.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Was their a patch before this? Some graphical changes have been made, but not mentioned in the patch notes.

Yes. Patch 1.01 fixed some game crashing bugs and changed some stuff like the opening CG. Also added a flashback scene late-game from KH1. Since the patch notes only said "various bug fixes" and "system adjustments", we didn't bother reporting on it.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
0.2 is a fine demo but the swarm fights are objectively poorly designed and as soon as you're out of your post release afterglow you'll realize this.
I dunno man, some people still think that kh2 is the best kh game after 10+ years

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Imagine the state the game would be in had it launched in December. :S

Optimisation is already poor as it is. It's great that they are improving 0.2, it's very important.

doublerainbow

Awards
*spoilers* Probably doesn't matter much,but did they patch in Aqua's theme when she was thrown back into Destiny Island alone at the end? It was there in the Japanese ver. but not in the Eng ver. It made her monologue feels a bit more emotionlal imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
It's certainly programmed and animated the best.

Like me :x

I mean I likd 0.2 too except the final boss fight.

Yep. BBS is what is regarded the best KH game overall post-KH2 and it's a great KH - for a handheld. But even if you take into account every hardware limitation they had, you can see the combat, for all its innovations, has huge flaws and things like battle animations took a step back from KH2. KH2 is a more versatile and better balanced game overall.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm not opening the can of "KH 2 is the best game or not" again since that is obviously a subjective issue anyways. ;P

On to 0.2, as usual for me in any KH game I started 0.2 on Proud difficulty and hoo boy was that an awakening in form of actual difficulty. Not unfair but certainly requiring more skill than previous KH titles on Proud and I am really looking forward to this new patch as I did notice there being something off in regards to Aqua's cartwheel and Barrier.

Using 0.2 as a testbed for player-feedback and adjusting stuff is actually a pretty bright idea that might help KH III (and a possible second demo to tide over the wait?) tremendously in the long run.
Better let have 0.2 the quirks, glitches and errors than KH III.
I also remember Nomura stating somewhere that they aim now to make each playable character very distinct in playstyle, and the basic gist of it is certainly there already with this "new" Aqua, but I do have to admit that it is still a little unrefined and needs some polish.

Soo, that difficult/not difficult boss depending on player you're all talking about here is the one on Destiny Islands I presume?
I have to admit that this one is the very first I actually lost to (ruining my "no continue"-run for the trophy), but only after the wave changes to its second form with the fiery tornado.

The first phase is actually rather easy to handle even on Proud as you just need to watch your timing with blocking (almost all of its attacks can be blocked even if you cannot stagger it in any way to create an opening) and otherwise try to attack it's front "orb" when the wave is not glowing.
I've noticed that you can take off pretty big chunks of its health with the Feuka and Eiska (that's the German translation, don't know the English ones) finishers that unlock via triangle button when you used enough of the respective magic.

In the second phase it is where it gets tricky.
The "shadow machine gun" can actually also be nullified by constant Barrier-spamming but when it is in the red tornado form I have yet to figure out if it is better to also barrier-spam or try to dodge with constant cartwheels.
The worst attack though (and the one that got me twice already) is when it turns into the very wide circle and dozens of dark orbs erupt from the middle of it, I bet there IS a trick to endure that one too, but I haven't found it yet.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
hope they fix the story

What exactly is wrong with it?
I think it serves as a wonderful piece of character development for Aqua and the rather limited involvement of both Terra and Ventus can be explained by the point in the timeline and their current predicaments.

We also get to finally see how Mickey acquired the Kingdom Key D, get the confirmation that Xehanort is indeed still after Ven (poor kid can't catch a break even after having his heart shattered twice), that Terra is still fighting on against him and the reason why Aqua wasn't saved already at the end of KH 1.

It is certainly not a huge amount of story content, but it does gives some interesting insights and allows to connect more dots.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Soo, that difficult/not difficult boss depending on player you're all talking about here is the one on Destiny Islands I presume?
I have to admit that this one is the very first I actually lost to (ruining my "no continue"-run for the trophy), but only after the wave changes to its second form with the fiery tornado.
0.2 contains manual saves and auto saves. When you die, you can choose to load an auto save, which will put you right before the place where you died. This doesn't negate that trophy, whereas using retry or continue would.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
0.2 contains manual saves and auto saves. When you die, you can choose to load an auto save, which will put you right before the place where you died. This doesn't negate that trophy, whereas using retry or continue would.

Damn, wish I would have known that earlier. <___<

Soo, is it possible to still gain that trophy by i.e. starting a new game on standard in a different save slot and just rush through it?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Damn, wish I would have known that earlier. <___<

Soo, is it possible to still gain that trophy by i.e. starting a new game on standard in a different save slot and just rush through it?

Lol of course. There are no trophies you can lose permanently here. Just for that certain playthrough.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
What exactly is wrong with it?
I think it serves as a wonderful piece of character development for Aqua and the rather limited involvement of both Terra and Ventus can be explained by the point in the timeline and their current predicaments.
I liked it just fine, but the story is full of timeline contradictions that don't really work, even with the kindest of padding.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Lol of course. There are no trophies you can lose permanently here. Just for that certain playthrough.

Phew, then I'm gonna do just that once I finished my proud playthrough (for which I need to figure out how to beat the second phase of the Destiny Islands shadow wave without dying, lol).

I liked it just fine, but the story is full of timeline contradictions that don't really work, even with the kindest of padding.

Since I am such a lore nerd in regards to KH, do you mind pointing those out in more detail, with spoiler tags if necessary?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
English patch is rolling out worldwide. Just launched in Australia.

Edit: Live in Europe and North America. Get downloading!

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Since I am such a lore nerd in regards to KH, do you mind pointing those out in more detail, with spoiler tags if necessary?

I'm a bit tired. But sure.

Starting off with something small - Nomura says that the conversation between Namine and Terra from the concert takes place before Terra's scene in 0.2. Which...is nonsense, and is pretty easy to disregard, because even if she DID exist at that point, she wouldn't have been meddling around with Sora's memories and encountered the Lingering Will quite that early on.

Now, as for the rest of that scene It's kind of awkward. Xehanort's looking for Ven, and it's implied that Aqua spilling the beans is what lead him to look for the chamber, but he already knew about it because he built an antipode in Ansem's lab already, and even in that scene he knew it by name, so what's going on there?

Later, we meet Mickey - and Mickey already lets Aqua in on Sora and Riku and their Keyblade adventures - which, how would he know about all that if Mickey entered the realm of Darkness like minutes after Sora appeared in Traverse Town. But, taking that a step further, Aqua knowing about Sora's adventures and success in restoring the worlds totally takes away the surprise she has when she learns about it in Blank Points. Why is she crying? She knew Sora was already an acting force.

The flashback scene they add of Riku in the Dark Realm from KHFM when Mickey finds the Kingdom Key D is actually hilarious when you realize that 0.2 makes that scene make no sense. When did Mickey possibly have that conversation? And in that scene, he tells Riku he found the key, so are we supposed to believe that Mickey had it in that instant when the flash of light was happening? That's a stretch, even for KH-time.

Not that I mind that much, but like, think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back