• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ventus's Union and his connection to Braig/Xigbar/Luxu

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Something that's been a mystery for me since 358/2 is why Xigbar sees Ventus when looking at Xion. He even wonders "Of all the faces... Why do I look at her and see yours?". Correct me if I'm wrong, but Xigbar/Braig has only ever interacted with Ventus in the keyblade graveyard when he was stalling for time for Xehanort by mocking Ventus and Aqua and then fighting Aqua. This isn't a very significant interaction between Braig and Ventus. So, why then?

The most plausible reason for Xigbar seeing Ventus in Xion is that he is the only one connected to Sora that he's ever met and it could just be alluding to the fact that Ventus's heart is currently residing in Sora and he doesn't know this, so he is confused as to why someone he barely interacted with is appearing in front of him instead of someone else. But I'm wondering if it could be even deeper than that.

I freely admit this all speculation without much evidence, but here it goes. My theory about Ventus's union.

In UX, Ventus says that he's always been on his own and that he doesn't have any friends. He could have been a loner like Strelitzia, but even she had party members (Elrena). To explain this, it makes the most sense to me if he was in a union all by himself. Unless Ava, Gula, Aced, Invi, or Ira had a secret union of just Ventus, which I don't think is the case, the only foreteller left would be Luxu (or the master of masters, I guess, but shhhhhhh. This theory isn't about him). He's not likely to have been in Ava's union as he says that he's barely spoken to her. Ventus sits in Ira's seat at the meeting table, but the Ephemer and Skuld don't have canonical unions, so their seating positions don't suggest that they sit at the seat of the foreteller that led their union. Ephemer and Skuld are also from the same union, so it would be impossible anyways. Lauriam and Brain's unions are also unkown, so their foreteller seat corresponding with their union is also unlikely. Ventus being in Luxu's union would be their connection and the reason why Xigbar see Ventus in Xion.

Ventus being in Luxu's union would be a possible explanation as to how Ava was able to find Luxu. She would've found Ventus and through him, she could've learned his location or at least came up with a lead to finding Luxu. Because at this point, Ava would have zero idea as to where Luxu is. No leads, no clues, no nothing. So her just finding Luxu so quickly and out of nowhere doesn't seem plausible without any help.

Another idea that I've had that Ventus could be connected to Luxu is that he would've been one of his discarded vessels. "Of all the faces..." would be referring to all the vessels he had previously inhabited. This would explain why at the start of BBS Ventus doesn't have any memories, how helpless he is with a keyblade, and why his station of awakening is completely blank as it's crumbling after Xehanort extracted Vanitas and before Sora rescues him. After that we get a reveal as to what his station of awakening looks like and it has a picture of just him and nobody else. You'd think that the only friends he's ever had, the other union leaders would be there too, but they aren't. Luxu would've emptied him (by turning him into a nobody or something) before taking over his body, then when he was done with him, leave him somewhere where Xehanort eventually found him.

Links to my other theories:
Yozora and Nameless Star Parallel Riku and Sora from DDD
Yozora and Nameless Star Parallel Roxas and Xion
The Gigas are like Disney characters, but for Verum Rex
Theory about Yozora being a heart transfer/real name/true appearance
Comprehensive Analysis on the Verum Rex videogame back cover

Last edited:

Foxycian

Awards
I won’t deny the connection between luxu and Ven but i feel like Luxu might have bigger connection with Skuld (or even ephamer) seeing as she could be Subject X.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Did Luxu have an Union? I thought the Master ordered to be an observer. Other than that, Xigbar seeing Ventus in Xion I think is more along the lines of foreshadowing Xigbar/Braig's role in Birth by Sleep, since the connection was made that many years ago back when the three KH games were being planned and developed.

Sure, as it is now we can add that bit to the cannon history of KH, but I don't think it's as plausible.

Awards
Did Luxu have an Union? I thought the Master ordered to be an observer. Other than that, Xigbar seeing Ventus in Xion I think is more along the lines of foreshadowing Xigbar/Braig's role in Birth by Sleep, since the connection was made that many years ago back when the three KH games were being planned and developed.

Sure, as it is now we can add that bit to the cannon history of KH, but I don't think it's as plausible.

As far as we know, Luxu did not have a Union. This is just my theory. I was attempting to explain how Ventus could be such a loner in UX. He says to Skuld and Ephemer that he's always been alone and that he didin't have any friends. Even the other famous loner that we know of, Strelitzia, had Elrena, so what's up with Ventus? My attempt to explain this was that he was in a Union where he was the only member. This would mean that he can't have been part of Ira, Ava, Aced, Invi, or Gula's because they had many, many members. So who else could possibly have a union? Another foreteller. This would make the only other options Luxu or the Master of Masters. I say Luxu because he has a connection with Ventus through that cutscene in in 358/2 and the Master of Masters has none as far as we know. Of course that cutscene is almost definitely an allusion to BBS, so yeah. The Master of Masters would be equally likely. Now that I think about it, who says a Union has to be started by a foreteller? Maybe Ventus is part of a Union created by someone else. Maybe darkness? Maybe it's just some random person of no great power?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
In the context of UX,, it's pretty common to find loners who don't belong to any party, especially people like Ven who are "nothing special." Even Skuld, when she was first introduced, was found to be extremely relatable because there were plenty of players who made parties that initially attracted a crowd but eventually disbanded. I don't think Ven's case was meant to be particularly suspicious in any way.

However, we do have official confirmation from the Ultimanias that Xigbar's lines in Days and KH2 were all in reference to Ven during BBS. I guess he just made that strong of an impression. They can easily be retconned to include UX, but as of now, it's just BBS.

Last edited:
Back