• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ventus's Dream?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaruAudo

I have just started and this isn't a question that seems to matter but he said it must've been a dream, staring up at the stars. Was he talking about when he woke up and saw the meteor shower that was a dream or before it when he was on Destiny Islands?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
It was actually more of an allusion to sora from kh1 than anything.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Really? Because I thought the scene was paralleling Roxas' opening in KHII.
... Oh wait, we're talking about two different cutscenes, aren't we? Er... hey OP, which scene were you talking about? The one where Ven wakes up in his bedroom, or the one where Aqua wakes him up Kairi-style outside?

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I think he's remembering when he saw the night sky on Destiny Islands, when Xehanort took him there when he was practically dying, personally:)

There might be a bit more to it than that, too, but I won't say anymore right now. Don't wanna spoil ya;)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Really? Because I thought the scene was paralleling Roxas' opening in KHII.
... Oh wait, we're talking about two different cutscenes, aren't we? Er... hey OP, which scene were you talking about? The one where Ven wakes up in his bedroom, or the one where Aqua wakes him up Kairi-style outside?

They mean the scene when he said "it was just a dream?" and aqua says "wake up sleepy head!"

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I have just started and this isn't a question that seems to matter but he said it must've been a dream, staring up at the stars. Was he talking about when he woke up and saw the meteor shower that was a dream or before it when he was on Destiny Islands?
Ven is indeed subconsciously recalling the events on Destiny Islands, that's why he wonders if it was a dream. The event of him watching the stars from his bedroom was something he consciously experienced, there's no reason to question if it is a dream.
It is a hint at the theme that memories are immortal which holds true for the entire KH series. Memories can be forgotten and buried deep within the heart, but never be fully destroyed, which is why Ventus can recall a faint familiarity with the scenery but not actually remember the event, hence the question if it was a dream.

Uh Chuman, that doesn't really answer the question y'know. If it was an allusion to anything is not what was asked here and to someone who just started any allusion in that vein also doesn't mean squat.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Ven is indeed subconsciously recalling the events on Destiny Islands, that's why he wonders if it was a dream. The event of him watching the stars from his bedroom was something he consciously experienced, there's no reason to question if it is a dream.
It is a hint at the theme that memories are immortal which holds true for the entire KH series. Memories can be forgotten and buried deep within the heart, but never be fully destroyed, which is why Ventus can recall a faint familiarity with the scenery but not actually remember the event, hence the question if it was a dream.

Uh Chuman, that doesn't really answer the question y'know. If it was an allusion to anything is not what was asked here and to someone who just started any allusion in that vein also doesn't mean squat.

Whoops, guess you're right. I never put any thought into the scene sorry haha

OkaruAudo

It was answered perfectly by Seph. That was what I was asking sorry for it not being so clear. Unrelated question, but through Terra's playthrough, on Destiny Islands, when he passes the power to Riku, who was Riku talking about when he mentioned a boy who left the world? He said he wanted to be strong like that. Was it possibly Ventus? Will this be answered? If so no spoilers lol.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Unrelated question, but through Terra's playthrough, on Destiny Islands, when he passes the power to Riku, who was Riku talking about when he mentioned a boy who left the world? He said he wanted to be strong like that. Was it possibly Ventus? Will this be answered? If so no spoilers lol.
Although I don't really think this counts as a spoiler, since the answer came almost as soon as Riku brought the topic up... Riku was talking about Young Xehanort. Not that he knew exactly [I]who [/I]​he was talking about at the time.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Unrelated question, but through Terra's playthrough, on Destiny Islands, when he passes the power to Riku, who was Riku talking about when he mentioned a boy who left the world? He said he wanted to be strong like that. Was it possibly Ventus? Will this be answered? If so no spoilers lol.

As BlackOsprey points out this isn't really a spoiler as it is visually answered in the very same scene, the boy who Riku mentioned was Xehanort. You can also get written confirmation on this in the Xehanort Reports you collect throughout the whole game.
Ventus being the boy is for 99,99% impossible because he never set foot on Destiny Islands before the game BBS itself. In the prologue no one but Xehanort knew that Ven was on the islands (because he brought him there). Sora's heart can also arguably be counted, but that was a heart-to-heart meeting in the Awakening station.

BlueEyedKeyblade

I am very curious about what Ventus had seen in his dreams before Aqua stood behind him.

Wait a minute, are you talking about recalling the future events on DI of Kingdom Hearts 1? That seems quite unlikely to me. In the series I have never seen a memory which was linked to the future. And of couse I am not talking about Xehanort's Time traveling

With what you said I rather hope you are referring to the smaller kid-Sora during BBS. While this meteor shower event takes place in BBS, Sora is not just a newborn but already a small kid.

Now, the only link I could think of was Sora's current memories/events which could be the one that are resonating with Ven's in this dream.

I could be wrong about some facts here (I hope not :smile:) If I am, just let me know.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Wait a minute, are you talking about recalling the future events on DI of Kingdom Hearts 1? That seems quite unlikely to me. In the series I have never seen a memory which was linked to the future. And of couse I am not talking about Xehanort's Time traveling

With what you said I rather hope you are referring to the smaller kid-Sora during BBS. While this meteor shower event takes place in BBS, Sora is not just a newborn but already a small kid.

Now, the only link I could think of was Sora's current memories/events which could be the one that are resonating with Ven's in this dream.

I could be wrong about some facts here (I hope not :smile:) If I am, just let me know.

Uh, you're got the wrong idea here, we're talking about the events in the Prologue of BBS which happens four years before the BBS story properly starts, when Master Xehanort brought a broken Ventus to Destiny Islands wrapped in the white blanket, it has nothing to do with Sora at all.
This is solely about Ventus' memories.

Ventus is talking about how looking upwards and seeing the ocean of stars is familiar and wonders if him remembering this scenery from somewhere else is a dream.

He only subconsciously experienced these events on that night on Destiny Islands due to his wounded heart and thus those memories are forgotten and buried deeply within his heart, but he did watch the stars there while lying on that palm tree. There's even a scene were we see the stars reflect in Ven's eyes during the Prologue.
He can faintly recall the familiarity of the star-filled sky though without consciously remembering, thus he wonders about where this familiarity comes from and if it was all a dream (because he cannot recall it).

BlueEyedKeyblade

Uh, you're got the wrong idea here, we're talking about the events in the Prologue of BBS which happens four years before the BBS story properly starts, when Master Xehanort brought a broken Ventus to Destiny Islands wrapped in the white blanket, it has nothing to do with Sora at all.
This is solely about Ventus' memories.

Ventus is talking about how looking upwards and seeing the ocean of stars is familiar and wonders if him remembering this scenery from somewhere else is a dream.

He only subconsciously experienced these events on that night on Destiny Islands due to his wounded heart and thus those memories are forgotten and buried deeply within his heart, but he did watch the stars there while lying on that palm tree. There's even a scene were we see the stars reflect in Ven's eyes during the Prologue.
He can faintly recall the familiarity of the star-filled sky though without consciously remembering, thus he wonders about where this familiarity comes from and if it was all a dream (because he cannot recall it).

Ahh that makes more sense, boom goes my theory haha. Thanks for clearing this up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back