• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ventus VS Roxas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

keybladeofhonor

First off,this is my first try,so go easy on me.

This is my opinion of you would win between Roxas and Ventus.
Roxas was Sora's Nobody,and the 13th member of the Organization.After losing one of his beast friends,and feeling betrayed by the other,he set out to free Kingdom Hearts.However,he was intercepted by Riku and never made it.
Ventus was an orphan who was taken in by Xehanort,and latter Grand Master Eraqus.After leaving the Land of Departure,he traveled from world to world,eventualy being able to defeat his dark half,Vanitas.

Frst,we'll look at their martial ability.
Roxas had no training with the keyblade,but showed great skill with it,being able to defeat such wariors as Saix,Axel,and Riku.He latter was able to use duel blades.It should be noted that even when using dual blades,he focused on using power attacks.
Ventus was the aprentice of Master Xehanort,but was latter discarded,being replaced by Vanitas.He was then trained by Grand Master Eraqus.He held his Keyblade in reverse grip,and focused on speed and agility instead of power.
While Roxas has beaten more dualists then Ven,Ventus had more proper training.I give Ventus the edge.

Next,we're going to look at their magic ability.
Roxas is mostly a phisical fighter,but he can use basic magic.(limit breaks,shotlocks,and others wil be mentioned latter.)The most powerful magic avalible to him are:Blizaga,Firaga,Thundaga,Aerogora,and Curaga.
Ventus uses several attacks and magic.Ventus gets the edge.

Now,we'll look at their special attacks.
Roxas used two limit breaks:in the first,his keyblade is covered with light,making it stronger.When he does the second one,he causes several beams of light to shoot out.
Ventus uses whats called a shotlock.His is shooting out several balls of fire.Also,he has several forms(this may not be what its called,but my sister broke my psp,and i cant remember what its called.)Ventus has more abiltiys,but one of Roxas's limit breaks makes him virtualy,if not,invincible.Roxas gets the edge.

Lets look at the chosen weapons.
Roxas uses the Oatkeeper and Oblivion Keyblades.While they arnt much diferent from others alone,they are very formidable together.Even without training,Roxas is a beast with these two,managing to destroy Neoshadows with a singal hit.
Ventus uses a singal Kyblade called Follow the Wind.it is specificly designed for reverse grip,Ven's prefered way of fighting.While Ventus has a more unique Keyblade,he cant match the power and sheer amount of attacks that Roxas puts out.Roxas gets the edge.

And now,the verdict.
This would be an epic battle to watch.Ven's speed vs Roxas's power.Ventus has more training and better magic,but that wont help him if Roxas puts him on the defensive,which he is not used to.I declare Roxas the winner.Post your opinions and other battles you would like to see.

Sorarocks93

Awards
Hmm well Roxas did defeat both Riku and Sora (although I honestly can't understand why Roxas was so surprised when Sora could summon his keyblade at the end of their fight).

When Ventus awaken he will be quite weak. He has been sleeping for 11 years now? While Sora slept only 1 and he forgot half the stuff he learned.

But if we take Ventus from BBS, well Xigbar did say that Sora was half the hero the others were sooo I dunno.

If we put BBS Ventus then he gets my vote.

keybladeofhonor

It all depends on when they face each other.If Roxas only has one keyblade,he would be outmatched in magic and speed.but with two,he can keep up a barrage of attacks.Ven relies on outmanuvering his oponents,and wouldnt know how to keep up enough of a defense to save him.But i see where your coming from.Either way,it would be an epic battle.

Ven1028

Are Ven's command forms taken into consideration? I don't remember what it's called but he has a form where he has blades behind him that act sort of like wings and he attacks with them, I feel as if that could keep up with dual working keyblades maybe?

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Are Ven's command forms taken into consideration? I don't remember what it's called but he has a form where he has blades behind him that act sort of like wings and he attacks with them, I feel as if that could keep up with dual working keyblades maybe?

Those things are called command styles and the one you think about is Wingblade, his ultimate command style which combines his enourmous speed with six energy swords made of light. With that, the one throwing out a barrage of attacks would actually be Ventus, as six energy swords outmatch two Keyblades.
Cyclone is also a powerful personal command style he can access with very fast, wide attacks augmented by wind.

Furthermore, the OP forgets to take into account Ven's personal shotlocks, the one he starts with (Flame Salvo) is one that can be learned by all three of the BBS trio and if Roxas is allowed to have his strongest attacks Ventus should have that too for a fair comparison.
Therefore, the comparison of their special attacks is flawed.
Pulse Bomb launches energy blasts which results in a series of explosions while is ultimate Shotlock, Multivortex, uses again six energy blades that attack on their own while Ventus uses his innate wind element to launch shockwaves at the opponent by rapidly swinging his Keyblade around. The attack ends in a huge whirlwind that mixes the elements light and wind together.
That all being said, the OP also pointed out that one of Roxas' limits make him invincible, well, while using a shotlock (doesn't matter which one) the BBS Trio is invincible too, so Roxas and Ventus are evenly matched here.

All in all, I would assume that they are both for most fields evenly matched, as the advantages Ventus has in agility, speed and magic are compensated by Roxas having way higher attack power and being physically stronger (Ven sucks in physical strength and defense).
So it depends really mostly on the circumstances of their fight, tactic and on their current mental state.

Roxas lost his fight aganist Sora not because of lacking power, but because of his mental state.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Those things are called command styles and the one you think about is Wingblade, his ultimate command style which combines his enourmous speed with six energy swords made of light. With that, the one throwing out a barrage of attacks would actually be Ventus, as six energy swords outmatch two Keyblades.
Cyclone is also a powerful personal command style he can access with very fast, wide attacks augmented by wind.

Furthermore, the OP forgets to take into account Ven's personal shotlocks, the one he starts with (Flame Salvo) is one that can be learned by all three of the BBS trio and if Roxas is allowed to have his strongest attacks Ventus should have that too for a fair comparison.
Therefore, the comparison of their special attacks is flawed.
Pulse Bomb launches energy blasts which results in a series of explosions while is ultimate Shotlock, Multivortex, uses again six energy blades that attack on their own while Ventus uses his innate wind element to launch shockwaves at the opponent by rapidly swinging his Keyblade around. The attack ends in a huge whirlwind that mixes the elements light and wind together.
That all being said, the OP also pointed out that one of Roxas' limits make him invincible, well, while using a shotlock (doesn't matter which one) the BBS Trio is invincible too, so Roxas and Ventus are evenly matched here.

All in all, I would assume that they are both for most fields evenly matched, as the advantages Ventus has in agility, speed and magic are compensated by Roxas having way higher attack power and being physically stronger (Ven sucks in physical strength and defense).
So it depends really mostly on the circumstances of their fight, tactic and on their current mental state.

Roxas lost his fight aganist Sora not because of lacking power, but because of his mental state.

What about the fight with Ventus-Nightmare between Sora and Riku? Ventus-Nightmare pretty much had a lot of the same battle tactics, speed and agility as Ventus himself did. However, Riku won his fight against Ventus-Nightmare, while he got his butt handed to him by Roxas. So, if I am going by that logic, Riku could probably be able to beat Ventus, but not necessarily Roxas. So, in my opinion, Roxas is the stronger Keyblader.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
What about the fight with Ventus-Nightmare between Sora and Riku? Ventus-Nightmare pretty much had a lot of the same battle tactics, speed and agility as Ventus himself did. However, Riku won his fight against Ventus-Nightmare, while he got his butt handed to him by Roxas. So, if I am going by that logic, Riku could probably be able to beat Ventus, but not necessarily Roxas. So, in my opinion, Roxas is the stronger Keyblader.

Riku was most likely a lot stronger though by the time he fought the Ventus-Nightmare, having pretty much completed the Keyblade training. At the point, Riku was pretty much a Master in all but title (which is given to him right after). Whereas when he fought Roxas, he had hardly used a Keyblade before that point, and thus was inexperienced, as well as battling his own personal darkness

keybladeofhonor

It is true that Ventus's shotlocks should be considered,as well as his powerful magic attacks and command styles.But,it takes a while to activate those.While Ven is still faster,Roxas can catch up and hit multiple times before Ven can get a lock on him.Im not saying Ven doesnt have a chance,but Roxas is almost as fast as him AND deals incredible damage.Ven becomes invincible when he USES it,but it makes him vulnerable while he locks on,where as Roxas activates his imediatly.It basicly comes down to this:is it better to know a lot of tricks,or be better at a few?in my opinion,its better to be good at a few then to be okay at several.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com

Yes, that is very true. The only reason back in Days that Riku was able to beat Roxas was due to Ansem's influence. But, he has grown tremedously since Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and Kingdom Hearts 2.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I think roxas would win, sure Ventus' shotlocks would be troublesome but if roxas went at Ventus like he does in the kh2 final mix fight with sora I think he could take him. Though it maybe a close fight.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I think roxas would win, sure Ventus' shotlocks would be troublesome but if roxas went at Ventus like he does in the kh2 final mix fight with sora I think he could take him. Though it maybe a close fight.

That's possible, but only the future games will tell if there is a fight between Rox and Ven.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

The Nightmare Armor had primarily basic attacks and tactics and was essentially Sora, not Ven. Or said otherwise: The Nightmare trapping Sora was using Sora's (damaged) heart clad in Ventus' armor trying to imitate Ventus' battle style.
And the reason Riku got "his butt handed" to him by Roxas in Deep Dive was due to various external factors which don't apply to his fight with the Nightmare Armor:

1. Riku was not a Keyblade Wielder at that time, he got the Way to the Dawn somewhere during KH2.
2. He had still to struggle with Ansem's influence at that time.
3. He didn't expect Roxas to use a real Keyblade since he had fought Xion before and she used a fake.
4. Roxas was then practically on the very height of his power (Riku wasn't) having absorbed Xion and activated Ventus' keyblade as his second, not to mention he was in rage-mode, just like with Sora in KH 2.

That's why I said mental state and circumstances matter more in a fight than sheer power.

Riku was most likely a lot stronger though by the time he fought the Ventus-Nightmare, having pretty much completed the Keyblade training. At the point, Riku was pretty much a Master in all but title (which is given to him right after). Whereas when he fought Roxas, he had hardly used a Keyblade before that point, and thus was inexperienced, as well as battling his own personal darkness

That too, since not long before he whopped Master Xehanort's ass while he was possessing his younger self, and that guy is the friggin' main villain of the series.

It is true that Ventus's shotlocks should be considered,as well as his powerful magic attacks and command styles.But,it takes a while to activate those.While Ven is still faster,Roxas can catch up and hit multiple times before Ven can get a lock on him.Im not saying Ven doesnt have a chance,but Roxas is almost as fast as him AND deals incredible damage.Ven becomes invincible when he USES it,but it makes him vulnerable while he locks on,where as Roxas activates his imediatly.It basicly comes down to this:is it better to know a lot of tricks,or be better at a few?in my opinion,its better to be good at a few then to be okay at several.

Like Ventus would sit still to charge up a shotlock if Roxas is just closing in on him. With magic like Zero-gravity, Aero (Ven's speciality) or Transcendence he also can impair Roxas' movements to get in a chance for shotlock lock on.
Then there's also the issue that Ventus has access to Time Splicer, which is in terms of attacking basically Roxas' limit break from Days without the light aura and pillars, but with a Stop effect.

Command Styles are activated normally by using commands like Strike Raid, Aerial Slam etc. so to use them Ventus would just need to keep up attacking (or blocking and countering, as i.e. Wingblade is activated also by using reprisal commands), but otherwise they can also activated directly by consuming the corresponding Ice-cream item (i.e. Double Crunch for Wingblade).

Considering everything I would still say they're pretty much evenly matched, and since Ventus is more than just "okay" with the techniques he can use, what it truly comes down to is who of the two has the better tactics and is more focused on the fight.

Like said above, I doubt Ventus would be so stupid to charge up a shotlock when Roxas is coming at him like he did against Sora in KH 2 Final Mix, Ventus has a way more varied and vast array of possibilities at his hand to counter Roxas' charging at him. Ventus is way more acrobatic and agile than Sora, so he could dodge most of Roxas' attacks easily if he has enough room to move, as Sora could dodge most stuff as well despite being slower than Ventus.
If he gets cornered though or cannot play out his speed and agility advantages otherwise, Ventus is dead meat due to his crappy defense, as blocking a whole barrage of Roxas' dual Keyblades can prove to be quite difficult.

keybladeofhonor

Exactly!Ventus has more abilitys,more magic,etc.But,if Roxas corners him,he's dead meat.Also,something i forgot to consider,while Ven has Once more and Second chance,that just keeps him from dying.Roxas has Auto Revive.if Ventus strikes him down,he's just gonna come back with full health.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Exactly!Ventus has more abilitys,more magic,etc.But,if Roxas corners him,he's dead meat.Also,something i forgot to consider,while Ven has Once more and Second chance,that just keeps him from dying.Roxas has Auto Revive.if Ventus strikes him down,he's just gonna come back with full health.

The same also goes the other way around though, if Ventus can corner Roxas the tables are flipped because with his speed and vast array of abilities and commands he can conjure up a barrage of attacks that can easily overwhelm Roxas' defense as well.
So it still remains pretty balanced and depends on who is in the better "mood" that day and who can apply better tactics.

Also, if you're going to include passive abilities you get a totally different picture since that enhances both characters more in several fields. Auto-Life is a passive ability exclusive to Days, yet such abilities like HP Bonus which increase HP, Attack and Magic Haste, which allow Ventus to attack even faster than he already can, or Combo F Boost/Finish Boost which increase damage are absent in Days, so things balance out here also pretty fast since Auto-Life only works once and when Ventus can avoid being hit (which is, thanks to his agility, easier than it sounds) while having low HP the advantage of that is nil. Once more and Second chance can work several times provided you don't stay at 1 HP, which can be easily acquired by quaffing a simple Potion, or even better since we talk about Ventus, performing Faith which heals and deals damage at the same time (Salvation takes too long if Roxas isn't immobilized like with i.e. Zero Gravity).
Furthermore, if you decide to go by ability systems and then use the one from Days Roxas actually gets an additional disadvantage because any magic he has can be used only a limited amount of times, while Ventus can whip them out as often as he wants, with Magic Haste even in quick succession.

Wander

So basically, BBS was a better game than Days. :p

It's an even match, certainly would be fun to see, if it were to ever happen. Both are powerful wielders, with their own unique fighting styles.
I think we're underestimating Roxas' speed, he's been shown in KH2FM to be able to move so fast so as to leave behind a lens flare and perform Duel Bout in a blink of an eye, which really hinders Ven's ability to get a Shotlock off. Roxas also has his share of shortcomings, being underhwelming in the magic department (Light rays prove to be impressive but fall short of the more tactical and powerful spells Ven has, like Stop and Tornado), he makes up for it in brute force but he loses diversity because of it.

If we're going to include passive abilities, then it's fair to include passive abilities from Keyblades. I think Roxas wins in that department, Oathkeeper and Oblivion being high end Keyblades and all. Oathkeeper provides powerful defensive abilities like Auto-Block and inherent Regen, Protect, and Shell (See: Re:Coded). Oblivion allows access to powerful offensive abilities like Auto-Counter and All-Critical. In KH2, Dual Wield Roxas has access to Second Chance and Once More as passive abilities. Ventus has access to some powerful Keyblades end game, but being able to Dual Wield has its advantages. What Ventus has going for him are the Command Styles, though, whose outcome can determine who comes out on top. With powerful Commands Styles such as Wingblade and Sky Climber, Ven has no shortage of tricks up his sleeve, while as Roxas relies on the same tactics, albeit ones that have been proven effective. It would be a very even match from two of my favorite Keyblade wielders.

I'm also glad I'm not the only one who thought the end to Roxas ans Sora's fight in KH2 was a bit odd. I guess Roxas was just so angry and sad about Axel's death he couldn't get his head in the game.

Last edited:

keybladeofhonor

You have a point,but Roxas can use Elixer to restore all magic attacks and HP,same as Ven can use his potion.While Ven has a set amount of abilitys and has to wait for them to reload,Roxas can equip way more than Ven,and use them one right after another.In my Days save,I have Roxas equiped with well over 25 LV5 Cures,along with 15 to 20 Elixers equiped.This may not be necessary,but it means Roxas wont be dying anytime soon.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
You have a point,but Roxas can use Elixer to restore all magic attacks and HP,same as Ven can use his potion.While Ven has a set amount of abilitys and has to wait for them to reload,Roxas can equip way more than Ven,and use them one right after another.In my Days save,I have Roxas equiped with well over 25 LV5 Cures,along with 15 to 20 Elixers equiped.This may not be necessary,but it means Roxas wont be dying anytime soon.

Which only adds even more evidence on how evenly matched those two are. When one of them excels in one field the other excels in another balancing it out.
That's why in the end it wouldn't be abilities, nor limit breaks/command styles, weapon wielding or raw power which would decide the outcome.
All considered, it would most likely end in a draw in eight of ten cases, with the other two cases going to Ven winning once and Roxas winning once as well.
Furthermore, taking into account both their personalities, I doubt that any battle between them would be truly to kill the opponent except one of them is possessed by someone more malicious.

keybladeofhonor

This is completly true.These two are two of my favorite keyblade weilders,and are prety much even.Also,the reason Roxas lost to Sora was that with all the anger he had at the moment,he wasnt thinking clearly,and as such,was caught off guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back