• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ventus The Strongest Keyblade Wielder????

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AgustD

Awards
Idk If someone made this thread before. But I came up with this thought that out of all the present keybladers, Ventus is the strongest keyblader wielder due to the fact that he is a former Dandelion. He should be very powerful than even Master Xehanort and Master Aqua. It’s just a thought can you tell me what you guys think

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
I think, at least within the lore of KH itself, it is impossible to actually "rank" wielders because there are far too many factors to consider and there isn't actually an in-built definitive system for us to compare people with. (It's not like this is DBZ with power level scouter things, after all).

Any assessments on "strength" are going to entirely be subjective as a result. And KH has already introduced so so so many different types of strength. We have strength of heart, will, resistance to the darkness, pure physical strength, magical ability, etc. I mean, without knowing exactly what measurement you are going by it is going to be hard to determine any definitive answer.

I think every single wielder excels at something different better than the others and that is what makes them all unique and it would be impossible to throw them all into a death match and say "ah, yes, for sure Ven will win this!"

Besides, we have no idea yet WHY Ven (and Lauriam to some extent) are the only Dandelions still around (as far as we know), so simply being one, I think, doesn't automatically grandfather him into top dog position. If that were the case, shouldn't you also be arguing that Lauriam is better than Sora, even though he very obviously lost their fight together in Castle Oblivion?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
What we actually saw of Ventus so far suggests otherwise, although one may chalk this up with his trauma, memory loss and other abuses he had to endure.
In his reports in BBS Master Xehanort alludes that he could see Ven's "great potential" so there's definitely something, but exactly what is vague.

We also haven't seen much of Ven in the X[chi]-era yet, the few things we do get to see however paint Ventus as a very kind, but shy and insecure young lad.

Add on top of this that he's only 10/11 years old in X[chi] and him being "the strongest" wielder doesn't stand on much of a foundation so far.

As AmaryllisMoth also pointed out, "strength" is relative when it comes to KH characters and there are several categories in which one can be strongest like i.e. physical strength, a category I would actually rank Ven as one of the lowest cause not only is he skinny as a twig, his body build is also optimized for agility and speed, not brute power.

Platinum End

Eh probably not the Strongest Keyblade Wielder but it seems like he does have a Big plot potential in KH3 mainly now that Aqua is apparently "Norted" and will/could use her to find Ven in Castle Oblivion. We don't know the past of Ventus and Lauraim but both should have "something" within them whether or not they know something for the book that makes them valuable. In my honest opinion, i would have to say Roxas is probably the strongest if not second or third around the current heroes in the game because of how ansem and xemnas want him

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
In my honest opinion, i would have to say Roxas is probably the strongest if not second or third around the current heroes in the game because of how ansem and xemnas want him

That doesn't mean that he's "the strongest". They just want him to return so he can fill a space as either a Guardian or a Seeker, and possibly because they think Sora will have to use his darkness or otherwise be put in a weakened state when bringing him back.

That doesn't mean that he's "the strongest". They just want him to return so he can fill a space as either a Guardian or a Seeker, and possibly because they think Sora will have to use his darkness or otherwise be put in a weakened state when bringing him back.

Exactly ansem was after e.g snow white cause she was a poh.....snow whites the strongest XD

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
lil boy jobbed pretty hard in BBS. Had to hide inside Sora.

Xehanort is the strongest wielder. Dude doesn't stagger at all and rewinds when you hit him.

AgustD

Awards
Well let me rephrase it is Ventus the strongest wielder right now? Say that he gain his mermory back he definitely has a lot of experience almost and he must be strong to be able to become a dandelion leader. But we really don’t have a lot of details about

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Well, about the whole Dandelion thing: while I do remember people saying Ava was taking good Keyblade wielders, which probably means also powerful, Ventus wasn't picked by her but was in a special list handed to her by the MoM, and the capabilities of those on that list aren't clear (nor are the criteria the MoM used to pick him and the others).
Plus, Ven himself said he was always in the bottom half of the leaderboards, so in fact even X era Ven was actually not powerful at all.
If I was a betting man, I'd say the MoM knew about that something Xehanort saw in Ventus and picked him based on that.

About Ventus as a character, he does seems to be somewhat strong and capable by the end of BbS (he did, however, need to grow stronger and it's heavily implied he was way weaker at the beginning of the story and if his matches with Vanitas are anything to go by he improved leaps and bounds) for an average Keyblade wielder who suddenly had to face the strongest Master and the X-Blade inside his heart, but yeah, I don't know about making the top ranks.
Even without including Master Xehanort who is still confirmed the strongest ever at this moment I'm pretty sure Aqua and Terra were already stronger back then, and Mickey had 10 years to hone his own skills.
Add at least Eraqus, and Ven doesn't even make it into the top 5.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
On top of everything Darkos said, within BBS itself Ven's the weakest. Vanitas says that having him fight the Unversed over and over again was meant to make him stronger, which Vanitas always seemed to think he was still too weak until the end. He only comes out on top of Vanitas because he's able to get strong enough by that point and because of the force of his will trying to protect Aqua and Terra.

Terra is the strongest (physically) while Aqua is the strongest magically. Ven makes up for lack of skill/strength in speed, but he's weak because he's years younger then Terra and Aqua and lost his memory/trauma to his heart. Adding Riku, Roxas, Sora, etc. to the mix...

Even if he got his memory of KHUX back, that doesn't mean he's suddenly going to be so much stronger (part of it being that he really didn't seem to be very strong to begin with), as he'd still have to work to regain and relearn those abilities (see: Sora in 0.2/KH3 after DDD).

But again, we're talking about something that's really subjective and complex to begin with, and there's never much point discussing power levels because the games aren't super consistent with these kinds of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back