• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ventura Academy: Battle For Dominance

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XIII-Allan

Ventura Academy: Battle for Dominance

Characters:

• Mark – XIII-Allan
• Max - Eventua
• Josh - XIII-Allan (Is up for grabs)
• Evan - XIII-Allan (Is up for grabs)
• Miyuki Izumi - KingWolfe
• Shinichi Asahi - Kibamaru18
• Kurohime Akatsuki - Miku
* Chad - Varsha
* Zing - Sorafinalform (6 leaders for the clan of Judgement Day still needed)
• Aureacus Alizark Drazenfel - Wynn, more teachers welcome

Setting and Background:

Ventura Academy has been open for many years. It is a school that teaches fighting to those who wish to learn. Many parents send their kids there so they can grow up strong. In the academy there are many clans that war for dominance. The main way they battle is one-on-one fights in the virtual room. Sometimes, when there is a big war between the clans. They decide the winner in a big battle in the rumble arena. All fights are virtual, mostly everything physical is virtual, except the daily workout routine the students run to stay in shape.
Most students use weapons, but they can also use magic in the virtual world. The weapons are stored in a blue orb most students carry with them. It resembles a Pokeball, and if you don’t know what that is look it up, but it is blue with a black X on it and a white dot in the middle of the of the X. If you press the button and toss the ball up, it will disappear and the weapon stored in it will appear. The size of the weapon does not matter, but it can only hold one weapon, or a pair of weapons. Students can carry up to six at a time. All the weapons are virtual, as are the balls the weapons are stored in. Students can change their clothes and armor for their appearance in the virtual world. Out side of the virtual world, all students dress in the uniform.
Most students dress in the uniform which I will add a link to at the bottom of this message. Some students in certain clans wear different things to identify themselves. Some wear medieval armor, others wear more modern armor, some try and make futuristic armor. Some just wear regular clothes.
Students learn how to fight in various classes, which include all types of weapons and martial arts. There are also classes in which students can learn better control of their magic.
In the virtual training room, and also the testing grounds, students will face monsters of varying levels, from 1-10, and when they pass that, they face boss monsters from level 1-10. Boss monsters at level 1 are twice as strong as level 10 monsters. It takes a master to defeat a level 5 boss, and any higher is a great achievement. At some tests and event, they will pit students of different clans against one another for the entertainment of the teachers and others who come to watch.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Mark

I arrived at the entrance to the building where they would be testing the new applicants for Ventura Academy. The building was nice and big, and it had the air of a coliseum. My three best friends were also here, Max, Josh, and Evan. We had all decided to join Ventura Academy in the hopes of getting stronger. There were two ladies at a desk outside and they checked our names before letting us in. We walked through a long, dark tunnel that was lit by few lights. When we cam out we were in the stands to an arena. At the bottom were many fighting arenas, divided by a wall. I smiled with anticipation and I saw some of my friends doing the same. We walked up to some seats and sat down. The test wasn't supposed to take place for another half-hour.

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
Shinichi sat in the car silently awaiting the trip to be over. His parents tried to keep it a secret but due to his mothers incessant crying the whole way up he had a clue. Earlier in the week he had noticed his fathers laptop was left on and he noticed the home page for a Ventura Academy. It was a school for kids who wanted to learn how to fight.
I know how to fight, thought Shinichi as the car pulled into a parking lot filled with different cars and different families all saying goodbye to their children. Shinichi began to chuckle as they passed the sign that read, Ventura Academy.

He opened his door, grabbed his bag and began walking towards the entrance.
“Shinichi?” his father said sternly, “Where are you going?”
“Inside,” Shinichi replied curtly, “I already know all about this place and I did some research on it when you forgot to shut your laptop down.”

His father became furious, his face flushing red, he shouted, “THIS IS EXACTLY WHY YOU’RE HERE!”

Shinichi stopped in his tracks and turned around. He looked at his parents apathetically and simply said, “See ya” and walked to the registration table. He could hear his mother crying even louder and he just laughed.
He gave the lady his name and then walked into the building. In the entrance was a long dark tunnel that was barely lit. He could see the light at the end and walked slowly towards it. When he finally came out of the tunnel, spanned before him was the biggest arena he’d ever seen. He didn’t really care for any of the details so he walked to a seat and sat down.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Fidgeting nervously at the gates, a tall girl, though it would seem impossible to tell her gender with that large coat she had on, paced around. Then after a few moments, she finally sighed aloud placed on her mask, which resembled a cat and had a large X scratched into it, and walked inside. Several students were already walking inside, and though she was taller than well most of them, she felt insignificant and small.

After a wave of people she finally reached the attendants, fidgeting once more because she didn't hear the lady's question, she could only stare through the hollow mask at the impatient eyes that burned a hole into Miyuki's self-esteem.
"Name?" Sighed out the woman once more, then sighing a breath of relief, she mustered up some courage, "A-aoi." then cursing inwardly at giving her alias rather than her real name she shook her head furiously, "Miyuki Izumi", she said finally. The woman merely looked up from her 'paperwork', and gave a nod of approval.

Calming herself down she walked through the tunnel and ended up at the arena, her heart skipped a beat at the immense arena. Pounding practically at her rib-cage she attempted to calm down while she took a seat, unfortunately she sat right beside a group of four guys.

Cursing at herself again she sighed and wondered why she was there. It wasn't that Aoi, or better yet Miyuki, was antisocial or anything but she wasn't exactly experienced in human interaction, she fidgeted and flushed quickly whenever someone approached her or spoke to her. She used Aoi in hopes to improve her confidence, with Aoi she was able to enunciate words perfectly and even throw in some spicy personality, but it still needs improving as you already saw.

She brushed her minty green hair, which smelled as good as it looked, behind her ear and prayed they wouldn't notice her.

Miku

Website
www.kawaiizonbi.webs.com
Kurohime casually walked to the front door of the academy. She sighed. Of course she would be sent to some stupid place like this. But, she might as well try to enjoy it. If she could. As she walked, her red kimono flowed like waves around her feet. She twiddled the pole of her umbrella between her fingers boredly, and finally reached the members of staff who were asking names and such. She abruptly stopped in front of one of them. It was a tall, bird-looking woman, who looked Kuro up and down before hastily tightening her grip on her pen, apparently quite afraid of the goth standing in front of her.
"Your name, please?"
"Kurohime Akatsuki."
"Alright," she quickly replied, scribbling the name in her book. "Step inside."
The woman stood to the side, allowing Kuro to pass. Before passing, Kuro shot a spiteful glance at the woman then nonchalantly walked on. She was tired of people staring at her just because of the way she liked to look. If they had something to say, they should just say it instead of staring at her like a zombie. Sighing to herself, she walked through what appeared to be a tunnel. A dark tunnel. To be honest, Kuro prefered the dark to the light and would rather sit in a room with only candles than a room with lights. As she reached the end of the tunnel she arrived in an arena sort of place. She took in the sight of the stands before grabbing a front row seat.

SwagStarIV

I just logged in... And got so many trophies
Awards
He had just entered the virtual room without any type of supervision. He was looking on the list to see which master held the highest level and amount of monsters beaten in that level. This guy has 32 monsters beaten in level 5... I think two monsters together in level 7 can beat that... He went to the controls and began to put in the stats. He made everything favor the monster and then he entered in its level. He looked at the list and saw that the masters difficulty level was only 3. Only a level three difficulty level? My level is already at 6. That means i only have to fight one monster to beat his score. He had walked into the arena and the computer went to work on his stats. "Level of monster 7... Level of difficulty 6... Odds of winning compared to your current rank... 47.7937%... Good luck..." "Hmph..."

The monster was an flyer type monster with earth attributes. It started of being at least two hundred feet in the air. Zing looked up to see a horde of rocks falling down upon him. Shit!!! He ran from under the raining boulders and then fled behind a rock but the bird could see over the rock so his hiding was useless. This will be a short battle. These masters are pathetic... I'll beat this thing in three blows.

XIII-Allan

Evan

I looked to my left and noticed a battle going on in one of the arena screens. The guy was fighting a flying monster, and it seemed he might be at a slight disadvantage. I nudged Josh and he turned to look as well. He chuckled and said it might be interesting. I agreed and we watched it with growing interest.

Mark

I saw a fight going on, but I wasn't interested. I looked to the other end o the stadium and saw a girl sitting a couple seats down from us. She was wearing a strange mask and had the most unusual hair. It caught my attention and I thought it would be nice to get to know her. Unfortunately, I never was the best at making new friends. I had known Evan, Josh, and Max ever since we were in diapers so that was different. I battled with the idea of going over to talk with her, but I couldn't reach a decision.

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
The Screen lit up and showed a man fighting in the virtual arena. Shinichi watched closely as a bird like creature attacked the man. Weak, Shinichi thought as he watched the guy run away from the boulders being dropped by the monster. Shinichi took his attention away from the screen to look around at the other students. It had been 10 minutes since he had arrived and already the seating area was getting pretty filled.

He noticed four guys that were sitting in the row below him goofing around and watching the battle. Next to them was a girl that, if he hadn’t seen one of the guys look at her he would have never noticed. All Shinichi could see from behind was her black cloak and strands of her greenish hair poking out. Then down a couple seats was the darkest looking girl he had ever met. Living dead, Shinichi thought as he stood up and decided to move to the empty seats between the two girls.

As he walked down the aisle to the seat he accidentally bumped the fox girl in the knees. He looked at her and forced the fakest smile he’d ever made, “Sorry,” He said as he sat down and continued to watch the screen.

Last edited:

XIII-Allan

Mark

For some reason I got pretty mad when another guy had walked up to talk to her. I frowned and turned back to watch the fight, deciding I wouldn't go over there. Though I still wanted to, and now I argued while watching the fight.

SwagStarIV

Awards
I look pathetic running from this thing... Well here we go... "Three strikes of death!!!" He summoned an Anti-thundaja spell and then summoned a lighting spear. By combioning the two he created an anti-thundaja spear. He then jumped of into the sky destroying the the boulders that the bird shot at him. Now to the normal person in this academy they would think that he shouldn't beable to do this! Why is his lighting beating boulder after boulder that isn't right. Not to many people knew of his skill to revers his magic skills and there affects. He had gotten to the bird and then hopped onto its back.

"hahaha i control you now!!!" He stabbed the bird in the neck with his spear and it grounded the bird. It was diving to the ground. Zing noticed this but didn't know what it would do once it got there. He decided to wait it out.As soon as the bird had gotten a few meters from the ground it had risen up a few rock spikes that could easily destroy him but crush against the beast tough exterior. He used his streak ability to appear on the belly of the beast. It had looked down upon him and it's mouth started to glow. I'm done playing games!!! A few rocks came from it's mouth but it had been weakened from the shockwaves flowing through its body.

"Hahahaha!!! Strike two!!!" He presented his red and blue emeralds. He then summoned a wall of Anti-thundaja magic and commenced his Rain of Swords move through the wall. The magic covered the swords of light and they pinned the beast wing to the ground so that it could not move. He then gallantly leaped into the sky directly above the beast and revealed his purple emerald. With this the gravity had changed randomly it actually lightened up the air causing him to go higher. He then presented his pistols and mixed his pistols with his Anti-Thunaja magic. This allowed his bullets to take that effect and it gave his daggers that were connected to it the same effect.

"Strike three!!! Game over!!!" He continued to rise and the beast was struggling to remove it's wings from the ground. Then it raised its head along with its long neck and materialized a rock that was the size of a small comet. It then shot the comet out at Zing somewhere around the speed of sound. Zing anticipated a strong and fast attack coming from this monster but this was on a whole new level. He had readied himself to take this attack head on. He had then started to fire the rock as itwas materializing. He had shot a whole directly through the comet and watched as it flew past him. This must be that level 7 move that it was holding back. Well... now that thats done... He then felt a sudden pull in the gravity. "This is your fate!!!" He had stabbed the beast through the neck and came downwards dragging his daggers through the beast exoskeleton. While doing so he was firing a series of bullets that were collecting inside of the bird and waiting to be released.

"I'm done..." He began to walk away and the swords holding the beast down dissipated into the atmosphere. The beast unleashed a roar, but the gravity gem was still in effect and the meteor that it had shot a few seconds ago was coming back down with the same force that it was shot. He looked back at the bird and put up a wall of Anti-Thundaja magic. This depleted his emeral of all magic and it depleted his body of all magic causing him to be worn out. The comet hit the bird and activated the detonation magic inside of it. It set of a blast that looked like it had the power to create it's own universe. Zing then looked back at the middle of the wasteland created by the crater. This was also the point where the bird would be. He then stated, "Simple physics..." and left the virtual room with the victory.

The Dream

Oh no, not me, I never lost control
Awards
Chad sat at the far end of the front row seats. The darkest part which made him stand out. "I wish I could fly out of here" thought Chad as he rubbed his back on the chari slowly, his wings were starting to ich. "Maybe, I could just rest my eyes, just enough that I don't sleep, no what are you thinking! I'll get discovered and turn into a mega freak here" Chad kept talking to himself while a bunch of people kept staring at him moving one seat farther and farther away. "Great, come early and become some scary freak first on the first day, another day in a stupid school" Chad didn't stop talking to himself and then went red with emmbarasment at how alone he was. Some one threw a stone at him from behind and he turned around to see who it was.

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
Shinichi watched as the guy went on the offensive. Finally he stopped running, Shinichi thought, lets see what he’s got. Shinichi watched as the guy fought the bird’s earth magic with his lighting magic. As the battle progressed Shinichi grew more and more tense at the power and skill this guy possessed. Shinichi could hear him shouting out numbers and when he reached number three he really let lose.

“WHAT!” Shinichi exclaimed as he jumped to his feet. He quickly looked at the girls to his sides and his face flushed red. He sat down and glued his eyes to the screen. Who the hell is this guy, he thought. The monster exploded as the guy walked out of the arena. Everyone cheered at his wondrous accomplishment including Shinichi. He stood up and began to walk down to the stalls. My turn, he thought.

“Excuse me son but the exams start in 10 minutes, please be seated,” Exclaimed one of the teachers.

[FONT=&quot]Shinichi scoffed and sat back down. Hurry up, he thought.[/FONT]

SwagStarIV

Awards
Zing saw one of the kids getting up and urging to get into the virtual room. He walked passed the guards with a smug look on his face and then completely flushed all emotions out of his face. The guards had treated him like crap the other day when he tried to do that the right way, but this time they showed respect. He had went to the concession stand and grabbed a red popsicle. He walked up to the kid and then sat next to him. "You were watching?"

Wynn

Watching the day's events from a surveillance booth was Aureacus Alizark Drazenfel. The day started out like any other entrance exam day; the room being slowly filled up by angst ridden teenagers who were waiting to be accepted into the prestigious academy. Though it seemed that one of those teenagers just couldn't wait and decided to start up a virtual match on his own, one with settings that would normally overwhelm starting students. Of course, for Alizark, that match would've been his equivalent of a warm up.

After the match being broadcast on the monitors was over, Alizark stepped out of the booth to take control of the situation, seeing as how the other members of the staff just let everything slipped pass them. Since most of the room still had their attention on the perpetrator of the stunt, Alizark decided to use the intercom device on the entrance lady's table to get his message across.

"Bravo, applicant. That would have assured you a spot in Ventura Academy under normal circumstances but due to it being an unauthorized match... You're lucky you haven't been kicked out yet."

After announcing his message, Alizark took to the main stage at the center of the room. There he would continue talking.

"Since the applicant who had took part of the battle won, he will still have the chance to take part in the exam. He has great potential and so do the rest of you. Now, everyone please proceed to either the Northern, Southern, Western, Eastern, or Central training stages. In each stage will be a proctor who will give out a test with questions that will probably baffle most of you. The corresponding elements to each stage will be Ice, Fire, Wind, Lightning and Water respectively. After the tests, you will have a virtual match against a level one Elemental Archer. Be swift though; you will only have one hour to complete everything."

Alizark stepped down from the stage as virtual water started filling it up, making the stage seem like a fish bowl. He looked at the time on his wristwatch. There was about fifty eight minutes left before they'd stop the entrance exams.

Last edited:

XIII-Allan

Mark

I hurried off to one of the stadiums, my friends heading to others. I was really excited now, this was gonna be fun.

Miku

Website
www.kawaiizonbi.webs.com
Kuro looked up as she heard the announcement.
"Ugh," she sighed and brushed a loose strand of hair from her face.
Then, she walked out from the stands. Deciding to take the Eastern gate, she set off in that direction.
Lightning seems like it might be cool.
She pondered the thought of training in her head as she strolled to the Eastern stage.

Last edited:

SwagStarIV

Awards
Did he call me a student!?!? I hate ignorance. "Hey man... Good luck with your exams..." He then walked towards the Eastern ate which led to the Thunder class. That old prick thinks that he can talk down to me just because he has a big speaker... I will show him sooner or later... He continued down a hall which then led to a huge dark training room. The training room had a purple ceiling with long rods of metal sticking in the ground. Most of the rods didn't touch the roof and the lighting bolts that struck those rods were purple. The higher the rod the hotter the color. The order followed the same color as the rainbow, going from bottom to top.

He was he first to enter so he hid behind the one rod that touched the ceiling. The bolts that came off this rod were white and they were the most difficult to handle. There were lightning bolts that struck the ground but these were black and did close to 0% damage to the human body. To be honest the black bolts seemed to be enhancers of the body. They only struck the person with the most spirit flowing in the room. He was waiting for the students to come in, but it seemed to be taking a long time. Where are they??? Did no one sign up fort his class??? That would be a break. Then he saw a girl walk through the entrance. Ok i guess i won't get a break... He then used his streak ability to appear beside her. "You taking this class..." In the darkness of the room the only thing that could be seen are his glowing red eyes. You could see the rest of the room when the lightning struck but other than that it was hard to see anything.

Last edited:

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
After the announcement she flushed quickly, fortunately the mask covered her embarrassed face. E-elements? I'm a dud when it comes to that.. Then thinking about her mastery over time and space she calmed down, B-but.. Which one should I go to? Looking around frantically she noticed another girl heading towards the Eastern stage. Smiling excitingly she ran towards her, I hope she's nice.. Bumping into someone, she heard him angrily cried out, "Watch where you're going freak!" Cowering at the booming voice, her alter ego Aoi kicked in. Suddenly a burst of confidence ran through her body, standing up she grabbed the guy, the same height as her and she is pretty tall, by the collar and if she wasn't wearing that mask the glare she shot at him would instantly pour fear into his heart. "Why don't you watch where you're going, tenderfoot!" She retaliated then pushed him back violently.

Smiling underneath her mask she felt, satisfied. Thanks to Aoi she felt more confident. But that feeling soon dissipated when she realized she just made an enemy, on the first day. Sighing annoyingly, she worried about the consequences her yelling would cause, and before she knew it she was in an odd room with what seemed to be lightning rods on the ground.

Sighing a breath of relief after seeing the girl she walked up to her and bowed politely, "Um. H-hello.."

XIII-Allan

Evan

I walked into the east gates, seeing a dark area with some people already there, "Hey, how's it going?" I asked, smiling.

Miku

Website
www.kawaiizonbi.webs.com
"You taking this class..."
Kuro looked in the dark room to see a boy standing there. It was quite hard to see him unless the lightning flashed.
"Yes," she simply answered.
"Um. H-hello.."
She then turned to see a girl bowing before her.
At least someone has manners...
"Konnichiwa," she replied, also bowing.
Wait... She probably didn't know what I just said.
"Err, hey."
She knew that most, or probably all, of the students at this academy wouldn't speak or understand Japanese.
"Hey, how's it going?"
Kuro saw another student enter. She didn't talk back to him, as he hadn't addressed her personally, and so, saw no reason to answer.

The Dream

Oh no, not me, I never lost control
Awards
Chad stood blankly in front of his chair. "Uhh, wasn't there also ment to be earth?" Chad thought looking around. "Hmm, I'll just poke around, see if anyone pops up with the same question" thought Chad before walking around poking his head through door then heading out. "Why did I have to be so lazy?" whined Chad quietly before a boy he'd seen before walked towards him. "What are you doing in a good school like this experemental dummy?" asked the boy. "Leave me alone turnip face" grunted Chad before he walked towards teh eastern gate to see what was happening there. The boy frown and punched the back of his head. "What are going to do now Chad? all your good for is running away crying and talking to your ugly friend that hates you" asked the boy. "Great, out of all the bullies it had to be this one that ruins my first day" thought Chad. "No ojne talks about her like that!" yelled Chad before tackeling him and causing an uproar, some kids came by and chanted on yelling 'Fight Fight!' even though time was running out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back