• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ven's Identity!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muse

you look atrocious
It's the internet. People don't like to go around sugar-coating things.

Madam Lyssa

Not sure if I live in my house or at my band room
Sorry, Araliya.
-_- ...........
i don't wanna kill myself.........
XD XD XD XD XD
SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So then Ven is in no way connected to Sora and/or Roxas..?
(Thank you, ZeagaLindsay. However, I am not offended in the slightest: I've never been forum-surfing before,
so it's good to be told I should go kill myself,
because it's a sign that I'm doing
SUPER
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;3)

Zeagal

Lick It Good
There's a line to be crossed here though and I am knew to the world of forum posting so most likely am unaware of its dark nature...Ven to me right now is Ven like you said before, I don't know enough to draw a probable conclusion of my own. Though zillagod's theory about him being Sora's lost brother makes the most sense out of the one's I've read.

Apollo

Silver Member

No, there is a obvious connection. There just isn't a family related one.

Some random shit said:
Ven to me right now is Ven like you said before, I don't know enough to draw a probable conclusion of my own. Though zillagod's theory about him being Sora's lost brother makes the most sense out of the one's I've read.

Family doesn't play a major(Plot making) role in KH. That's just a fact people are going to have to accept.

Last edited:

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Family doesn't play a major(Plot making) role in KH. That's just a fact people are going to have to accept.
I know family doesn't play a role as far as Kingdom Hearts is concerned though it's not really that way for Disney worlds. To me that seems the most logical explanation right now, and it makes sense, not saying it's the best or most creative or is even likely to be right.

Muse

you look atrocious
Sorry, Araliya.
-_- ...........
i don't wanna kill myself.........
XD XD XD XD XD
SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Thank you, ZeagaLindsay. However, I am not offended in the slightest: I've never been forum-surfing before,
so it's good to be told I should go kill myself,
because it's a sign that I'm doing
SUPER
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;3)

Seriously, cut down on the exclamation marks and smilies. You do not need ten of them for every post. I'll tell you right now, people are more likely to take you seriously if you take your posts more seriously.

No, he's connected to both of them, but he's not connected to them by being Roxas in disguise or being Sora's older brother.

Ven to me right now is Ven like you said before, I don't know enough to draw a probable conclusion of my own. Though zillagod's theory about him being Sora's lost brother makes the most sense out of the one's I've read.

No, it does not. Family has no importance in KH. It's useless. It's mentioned, but never given a second thought. KH is all about friendship. Sure, Sora may mention his mom once or twice, but really, the only ones that he's concerned about are his friends Riku and Kairi. So, Ven being Sora's older brother makes no sense, considering how little family does to affect the storyline.

That being said, if Ven were Sora's older brother, why would Roxas look like him? And why would Sora not be able to recognize his Nobody as his older brother?

I know family doesn't play a role as far as Kingdom Hearts is concerned though it's not really that way for Disney worlds. To me that seems the most logical explanation right now, and it makes sense, not saying it's the best or most creative or is even likely to be right.

I think the reason why it's the most logical explanation to you because you're using real world logic and not KH logic right now. In KH, family does not mean squat. 'My friends are my power' and all that jazz. And after about three games of family connections being redundant, I highly doubt that in BBS, they're going to go, "Well, Ven is Sora's brother and that's why blah blah blah."

zillagod

Family doesn't and won't play apart in KH ever. The KH universe has a set of rules, and it doesn't allow family.

Just because family in the way of parents haven't played a part in the KH stories up to this point doesn't mean Sora can't have a lost brother. I mean if you really think about it logically, Nomura has stated that two of people in the group (TAV) are in some way connected to characters we already know. How else could Ven be involved with any pre-existing characters while at the same time being himself, and not being directly related to Roxas (which Nomura has said is the case) in any way?

Also one other thing, how would you explain Terra and the others ever being at Destiny Islands? The only other logical reason for them to be there in the story would be for Kairi, since she is the seventh princess of heart. I doubt, however, that Terra can sense a heart that far away. I can't prove it or disprove it, I do believe it is a strong possibility though. Do you really think Nomura wouldn't retcon something like that? I mean he has already managed to pull a George Lucas (to a certain extent at least).

Zeagal

Lick It Good
I agree that family is almost nonexistant, at some point I believed they were all orphans. However like Zillagod, I don't see another way it would work outside of something magical that no one really knows about.
i would hate that though---
i mean, im going off to save the world, and my MOM shows up and tells me to be home in time for my curfew ?
psh..
Family would just get in the way I agree. It's sticky business dealing with parents, but siblings could work considering they can be more friend like than family like. Especially if one is unaware of the other being related to them.

Muse

you look atrocious
Just because family in the way of parents haven't played a part in the KH stories up to this point doesn't mean Sora can't have a lost brother.

Because family hasn't played a part in the KH series up to this point and then suddenly have it thrown in our face doesn't make sense.

I mean if you really think about it logically, Nomura has stated that two of people in the group (TAV) are in some way connected to characters we already know. How else could Ven be involved with any pre-existing characters while at the same time being himself, and not being directly related to Roxas (which Nomura has said is the case) in any way?

It could be that because of Ven's actions, Sora later becomes able to wield a Keyblade. :/ That could be their connection. He doesn't have to be related to Sora for that to be their connection. That doesn't even make sense.

Also one other thing how would you explain Terra and the others ever being at Destiny Islands?

They could just be there purely coincidentally. They don't necessarily need a reason to go to another world. It could just be on their way. Or, Terra decided to choose someone to become a Wielder, so they landed on DI and he chose Riku.

The only other logical reason for them to be there in the story would be for Kairi, since she is the seventh princess of heart. I doubt, however, that Terra can sense a heart that far away. I can't prove it or disprove it, I do believe it is a strong possibility. Do you really think Nomura wouldn't retcon something like that? I mean he has already managed to pull a George Lucas.

Kairi wouldn't even be on Destiny Islands at that point. She doesn't get there until after BBS.

What I don't get is why you're so bent on Ven being Sora's brother. If KH hasn't so much as given a damn about family thus far, what makes you think that all of a sudden they're going to change all that just so we have a connection between two characters? That doesn't make sense.

I agree that family is almost nonexistant, at some point I believed they were all orphans. However like Zillagod, I don't see another way it would work outside of something magical that no one really knows about.

It's KH. If there's going to be a connection between the characters, it most likely will involve magic or something else. Anything else except familial bonds, because that hasn't even had so much as an eyelash batted at.

Apollo

Silver Member
Just because family in the way of parents haven't played a part in the KH stories up to this point doesn't mean Sora can't have a lost brother. I mean if you really think about it logically, Nomura has stated that two of people in the group (TAV) are in some way connected to characters we already know. How else could Ven be involved with any pre-existing characters while at the same time being himself, and not being directly related to Roxas (which Nomura has said is the case) in any way?

Also one other thing, how would you explain Terra and the others ever being at Destiny Islands? The only other logical reason for them to be there in the story would be for Kairi, since she is the seventh princess of heart. I doubt, however, that Terra can sense a heart that far away. I can't prove it or disprove it, I do believe it is a strong possibility though. Do you really think Nomura wouldn't retcon something like that? I mean he has already managed to pull a George Lucas (to a certain extent at least).

Why would they basically ignore a concept in 3 games, and then start using it? It doesn't make any sense at all. There a many many ways for Ven to be connected.

We already see Ven has somthing to do with the POH. Also Kairi wasn't even there yet.

Madmma somthing? said:
ugh. i was GOING to say maybe he was Sora's dad,
but then i remembered we went over this quite a while ago,
and...yeah.
I don't know. Maybe he's a second Nobody of Sora's..?
Could he have two nobodies..?

That makes real sense. Sora having a 2nd nobody 10 years before he had his first. Also heartless, and nobodies didn't exist around that time.

Muse

you look atrocious
ugh. i was GOING to say maybe he was Sora's dad,
but then i remembered we went over this quite a while ago,
and...yeah.
I don't know. Maybe he's a second Nobody of Sora's..?
Could he have two nobodies..?

Why would Sora have two Nobodies that look exactly like each other? Nobody twins? I don't think so.

That, and BBS taking place before Nobodies and Heartless even come into existence and the fact that Ven is about 12 years older than Sora nulls the argument of Ven being Sora's Nobody.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
If them picking a future keyblade wielder is all that connects them I will be severely disappointed.

Apollo

Silver Member
Why would Sora have two Nobodies that look exactly like each other? Nobody twins? I don't think so.

That, and BBS taking place before Nobodies and Heartless even come into existence and the fact that Ven is about 12 years older than Sora nulls the argument of Ven being Sora's Nobody.

Nobody twins! Sweet!
So I am lost. (Officially!)
I keep forgetting the fact that it's a prequel and not a sequel. That drives me nuts.
What do you think, Araliya?

She just posted what she thought on that matter.

I doubt it's just being chosen as the wielder. I just know it's some shitty family story line.

Muse

you look atrocious
Well, it's already been implied that Roxas has a heart and it's been said that the heart influences one's appearance, so my idea is that Ven's heart transfers to Sora, remains dormant for ten years, and then when Sora uses the Heart Unlocker on himself in HB, Ven's heart remains in Sora's body, not having a place to go to.

Kairi's heart went to her body because that was where it had to go.
Sora's heart went to become a Heartless because that's where it had to go.
Ven's heart didn't have any place to go, so it stayed within Sora's body, and influenced Roxas' appearance to what it is, leaving Roxas with a heart, yet not being whole.

If them picking a future keyblade wielder is all that connects them I will be severely disappointed.

That's all we have to connect them. Or at the very least, Terra and Riku.

@Crimson: I think she was talking about what do I think about Sora's and Ven's connection to each other.

zillagod

Why would they basically ignore a concept in 3 games, and then start using it? It doesn't make any sense at all. There a many many ways for Ven to be connected.

That makes real sense. Sora having a 2nd nobody 10 years before he had his first. Also heartless, and nobodies didn't exist around that time.

We already see Ven has somthing to do with the POH.

Well you are all right, I just feel like it never hurts to think out of the box, because sometimes writters will do things like that even if it is unintentionally. You all have good evidence though and I respect your opinions on it.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Any ideas on why Ven's heart transfered to Sora? That could go back to TAV picking apprentices, or that Ven was like the Keyblade not supposed to be Sora's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back