• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ven Terra Scene?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrixfan

Hey guys, I just had a quick question.

Terra-and-Ven-kingdom-hearts-birth-by-sleep-1950038-480-272.jpg

Where did this scene come from, and what happened to it? Does anyone know where I can watch it cause I remember it being like a full scene, but I don't remember what happened it except for Terra says something about Ven saving him, and that was supposed to have ties to a scene in Days, but I don't recall seeing it in BBS

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
That whole section was replaced by (I believe) the sequence that occurs in Land of Departure closer to the end of Terra's story. That picture, I've never actually seen, but it seemingly ties into the image of Terra holding an unconscious Ven, which, as I said before, is now the LoD scene.

Edit: Considering he's saying thanks to Ven, and based on the positioning, I'd say that image you've linked is actually meant to be the very start of the game, when Terra leaves LoD.

Matrixfan

Well see, I remember it was supposed to have some tie to Days cause in Days
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Lancelot

Awards
Ah yes, I recall that. He does it a number of times, mind you, so it's hard to pinpoint one certain scene that is intended to be that one.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Well see, I remember it was supposed to have some tie to Days cause in Days
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Well I know for sure that it happens at least three times during BBS, and during those three times it's even shown close up for an extended time, you may recall this scene --

at [I]The Gathering[/I] before MX and Vanitas arrive. And seeing as you see that scene three times, I doubt you could forget it.

Matrixfan

True, I guess it wasn't as impacting as I figured it would have been considering how it was built up in Days. Does anyone know where the original scene was at all though? lol

Key to Truth

Awards
That cutscene DOES happen, just in a different place. Radiant Garden to be exact.

P.D: Man, graphics looked WAY better when it was being developed for PS2 ;~;

Lancelot

Awards
But... That image technically is in Radiant Garden, anyway. Do you mean the actual town itself?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
This scene is sort of still there just changed. It happens In RG during Terra's scenerio after TAV have the boss battle with the Trinity Unversed. It's when Terra and Ven are alone right before Terra takes off.

Lancelot

Awards
And then at the Keyblade Graveyard, as well. So, as I said, it's not exactly definite which one is intended to relate to Days, or if they all are.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Shinkirō;5295656 said:
And then at the Keyblade Graveyard, as well. So, as I said, it's not exactly definite which one is intended to relate to Days, or if they all are.

No, I'm sure that's the Radiant Garden one. He's talking about Ven "saving him" in that picture, just like when he tells Ven that he knows he'll "be by his side when he truly needs him" after Ven asks Terra if he can go with him and he declines.

But the whole game is filled with symbolism, so it is what it is.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
yeah i was wondering about that two, but the worlds in which alot of the cutscences take place were changed in trailers. I was truly sissapointed when i played through the whole game & realised i never stepped foot in the Great Maw

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
But -- and I daresay, correct me if I'm wrong -- wouldn't having them set foot into the Great Maw been chronologically inaccurate? I didn't think that Radiant Garden had the Great Maw until the Heartless attacked the world.

Radon

mofo
That was an early concept for the scene. They used the Great Maw due to a lack of areas being created at the time.

It does take place to some extent during the game. Just as Terras leaving RG he says similar dialogue in the outer gardens.

Radar

Bronze Member
Yea that scene was from the first original BBS trailer right(like 3-4 years ago), when Terra says thanks to Ven for saving him.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yea that scene was from the first original BBS trailer right(like 3-4 years ago), when Terra says thanks to Ven for saving him.

When Terra says that someday Ven might save him, not that it already happened.

Radar

Bronze Member
When Terra says that someday Ven might save him, not that it already happened.
YouTube - Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep - JUMP FESTA 2008 Trailer SUBTITLE

Thats what I didnt understand. I guess the translater in the video messed up the subs, because Terra says that Ven allready saved him. I was wondering all this time what ven saved terra from. Now I find out its just a mis-translation.

Still, that scene will always be awesome to me. Even though that exact scene isnt in the game.

Sign- i'm no trying to be a dick by the way.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
YouTube - Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep - JUMP FESTA 2008 Trailer SUBTITLE

Thats what I didnt understand. I guess the translater in the video messed up the subs, because Terra says that Ven allready saved him. I was wondering all this time what ven saved terra from. Now I find out its just a mis-translation.

Because there were no subtitles, which makes translation a bit more difficult since you're playing by ear.

Now we have the official english translation, which says that this event didn't already take place, but may happen in the future.

Still, that scene will always be awesome to me. Even though that exact scene isnt in the game.

Sign- i'm no trying to be a dick by the way.

Didn't come off like that to me :)

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
That scene was moved to Radiant Gardens, when Terra is about to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back