• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

ven/roxas theory.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.A.T.13

Dictionary.com

Theory
1. a coherent group of general propositions used as principles of explanation for a class of phenomena: Einstein's theory of relativity.
2. a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact.
3. Mathematics. a body of principles, theorems, or the like, belonging to one subject: number theory.
4. the branch of a science or art that deals with its principles or methods, as distinguished from its practice: music theory.
5. a particular conception or view of something to be done or of the method of doing it; a system of rules or principles.
6. contemplation or speculation.
7. guess or conjecture.

Hypothesis
1. a proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.
2. a proposition assumed as a premise in an argument.
3. the antecedent of a conditional proposition.
4. a mere assumption or guess.

guess /gɛs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ges] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object)
1. to arrive at or commit oneself to an opinion about (something) without having sufficient evidence to support the opinion fully: to guess a person's weight.
2. to estimate or conjecture about correctly: to guess what a word means.
3. to think, believe, or suppose: I guess I can get there in time.
–verb (used without object)
4. to form an estimate or conjecture (often fol. by at or about): We guessed at the weight of the package.
5. to estimate or conjecture correctly.
–noun
6. an opinion that one reaches or to which one commits oneself on the basis of probability alone or in the absence of any evidence whatever.
7. the act of forming such an opinion: to take a guess at someone's weight.

I hate English. >>;

Xehanort: 17

My friend let me tell you something... Ven existed way long before roxas was created n before sora was a chosen wieldeR of the keyblade.

soralove432

My friend let me tell you something... Ven existed way long before roxas was created n before sora was a chosen wieldeR of the keyblade.

yes i know. ten years before. but if you read what i said, im guessing that ven's heart "roamed" for a while before and during sora's story before it connected with sora's body and soul at the end of kh1.

Twilight kingdom

Well what if it wasn't destiny or fate, or whatever you want to call it, the point i'm trying to get across is maybe Sora wasn't CHOSEN to hold Vens heart, maybe the heart chose Sora. So that would mean that for THAT specific reason Sora is the main charactor and not because Ven chose the heart to go to some kid (He didn't know).

soralove432

Well what if it wasn't destiny or fate, or whatever you want to call it, the point i'm trying to get across is maybe Sora wasn't CHOSEN to hold Vens heart, maybe the heart chose Sora. So that would mean that for THAT specific reason Sora is the main charactor and not because Ven chose the heart to go to some kid (He didn't know).

thats basically what was said already. im guessing that ven's heart did choose to go to sora for some unknown reason...just a guess tho.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Dictionary.com

Theory
1. a coherent group of general propositions used as principles of explanation for a class of phenomena: Einstein's theory of relativity.
2. a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact.
3. Mathematics. a body of principles, theorems, or the like, belonging to one subject: number theory.
4. the branch of a science or art that deals with its principles or methods, as distinguished from its practice: music theory.
5. a particular conception or view of something to be done or of the method of doing it; a system of rules or principles.
6. contemplation or speculation.
7. guess or conjecture.

Hypothesis
1. a proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.
2. a proposition assumed as a premise in an argument.
3. the antecedent of a conditional proposition.
4. a mere assumption or guess.

guess /gɛs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ges] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object)
1. to arrive at or commit oneself to an opinion about (something) without having sufficient evidence to support the opinion fully: to guess a person's weight.
2. to estimate or conjecture about correctly: to guess what a word means.
3. to think, believe, or suppose: I guess I can get there in time.
–verb (used without object)
4. to form an estimate or conjecture (often fol. by at or about): We guessed at the weight of the package.
5. to estimate or conjecture correctly.
–noun
6. an opinion that one reaches or to which one commits oneself on the basis of probability alone or in the absence of any evidence whatever.
7. the act of forming such an opinion: to take a guess at someone's weight.

I hate English. >>;
Wouldn't it be better to use the first one as you are attempting to explain something?

V

V.A.T.13

^ I was pointing out that 'theory', and 'hypothesis' can still be used as another word for 'guess'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back