• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ven is NOT a roxas clone

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
KH1 did.

KH1 said that Purebloods were the result of an experiment that Ansem started and quit. Kh2 said that Xehanort then took on the name Ansem and created the Emblems.

At no point until BBS did anything remotely say that the Heartless always existed.

1. KH1 characters did... Nomura did not.
2. You need to understand that Heartless were rare until Xehanort caused havoc in all the worlds. It's easy for the characters to mistake that the Heartless weren't made by Xehanort. The characters don't know everything. Heck, Ansem himself talks in KH2 how much of his research and theories about the heart became failures and many were proven to be wrong. Remember the quote "We're both ignorant... as oblivious as when we began."

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
The characters of KH1 implied it, Nomura himself never said anything.
Lesson learned: Characters can be wrong.

KH1 said that Purebloods were the result of an experiment that Ansem started and quit. Kh2 said that Xehanort then took on the name Ansem and created the Emblems.
KH1 did not say that, actually. KH1, at most, implied it.

At no point until BBS did anything remotely say that the Heartless always existed.
Yen Sid in KH2 makes it pretty clear. "So long as there is darkness in people's heart, the Heartless will always exist". Naturally that also means in the past.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
He is pretty similar to Roxas actually. They only seem different because their situations are.

Box_ghost

The characters of KH1 implied it, Nomura himself never said anything.
Lesson learned: Characters can be wrong.

Nomura can be wrong too. He also said that a starting point for the heartless needs to be imaged.

Yen Sid in KH2 makes it pretty clear. "So long as there is darkness in people's heart, the Heartless will always exist". Naturally that also means in the past.

No that means from his comment on. Note the word "will". In the sense that "will humanity ever obtain such purity that the heartless will go away forever?"

So you guys are saying to me that when you first played KH1, you knew for a fact heartless always existed, when the game itself said that Heartless started with Ansem, and Nomura was unsure of the series' future?

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
He is pretty similar to Roxas actually. They only seem different because their situations are.

Not really. Roxas is a little shy and "emo" (please don't kill me fangirls) while Ventus is more happy-go-lucky, curious and eager to make new friends and see new places like Sora is.

Nomura can be wrong too.

I stopped reading after seeing this stupid sentence. The WRITER cannot be wrong about his own story because he's CREATING the story >_>

Silverslide

Not really. Roxas is a little shy and "emo" (please don't kill me fangirls) while Ventus is more happy-go-lucky, curious and eager to make new friends and see new places like Sora is.

Well, yeah. As I said, two different situations. Ventus actually has friends and went on to make more, Roxas was trapped and didn't know what he was doing or what he was doing it for. Trapped within the orginization with nothing look forward to except some ice cream. The similarities are more obvious in Digital Twilight Town.

But even then, the fact that he and friends think he is going insane dampers on his personality. Ven gets emo in the keyblade graveyard anyway.

Box_ghost

I stopped reading after seeing this stupid sentence. The WRITER cannot be wrong about his own story because he's CREATING the story >_>

He can be wrong when he blatantly contradicts games that have come out. Case in point: KH1.
And don't get snobby with me bitch.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Roxas seems to be more mature, usually the one sarcastically saying "knock it off" or something like that when a joke is made. he gets more angry, more sad. just like skyfoxx said a little more emo.

ventus is much more similarly to sora, but one thing that differs him from sora nad roxas is that he's a little more selfless, he looks up to terra and aqua alot and relies on them alittle too

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
He can be wrong when he blatantly contradicts games that have come out. Case in point: KH1.
And where did he blatantly contradict it?

So you guys are saying to me that when you first played KH1, you knew for a fact heartless always existed, when the game itself said that Heartless started with Ansem, and Nomura was unsure of the series' future?
Our understanding of the game since then may have been contradicted, but the games themselves haven't. All new information works with what was presented in KH1, it's just that we see it differently. It sounds more like you're angry over the fact that what you believed to be true was disproven, than anything else. The games haven't contradicted themselves, they've just made us look at past games with a new light.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

He didn't blatantly contradict himself. Just because characters say certain things doesn't mean they're right. Heck, Ansem the Wise said as much "We are both ignorant, as oblivious as when we began." and kept talking about how many of his experiments failed and most of his theories were proven wrong.

Silverslide

Well considering the fact that people are trying to use him to cause chaos(forging the X-Blade) It seems perfectly understandable that he would get emotional at that time. Doesn't mean he is similar to Roxas.

The orginization was also using Roxass 1keanureeves

Another similarity between the two

Dr_Mario64

The way I see it, Ven is, in a nutshell, Roxas w/ a heart. I'm not necessarily saying that he is Sora, but that he could very easily have been Roxas' Other. Truth be told, Ven is a little more outgoing than Roxas, but the both of them are very much introverts. Another way Ven is like Roxas is that he doesn't give in to authority. Ven went out and explored the universe in search of Terra and Aqua directly against orders from Master Eraqus just as Roxas disregarded orders when he finally learned that his time in Organization XIII was all for naught. They are also both fiercely loyal. Roxas would rather die than see anyone hurt Axel or Xion and that same trait is reflected in Ven. On the concept of whether they're connected, I simply don't know. We don't have enough information and should really research this in-depth before making any assumptions. That's my two-cents worth, anyhow.

Dr_Mario64

thats a great question because now that i recall kairi never became a heartless, nor can she because shes a princess of heart. so the whole kairi has a nobody thing confuses me to this day

I can clear that up. At the end of Kingdom Hearts Ansem SOD reveals that Sora holds Kairi's heart within him. Since he had two hearts, two Nobodies were created. However, only Sora's heart became a Heartless because Kairi's heart held no darkness. Kairi's heart just returned to her body. So, we know for sure that it couldn't have been Kairi's body that became a Nobody. Perhaps, Roxas' "multiheart" created Namine because Roxas already had a body. with Kairi's heart Roxas' heart would have been complete, and we all know that there's no such thing as a "complete" Nobody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back