• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ven and Roxas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arosukirx

KHIII is going to involve Ven being saved, right? But in DDD Sora says Roxas deserves to be his own person. So this begs the question, can they both exist at the same time? Can there be essentially two identical beings? Will Roxas still look the same when Ven's heart is returned to him? If anybody knows something I don't please feel free to reply! :)

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Existence is tied to one's heart and it's all but confirmed that Roxas, too, had grown one. So provided that there's a body for Roxas' heart to settle in (which might be made possible by this Key to Return Hearts thingy), he can very well coexist with Sora.

And let's not forget that Ventus and Roxas are two entirely different persons! This is very important. It's just that Roxas' appearance is based on Ventus, and aside from Sora, the two have nothing in common in terms of existence. That means Roxas can also coexist with Ventus.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Solo already captures the very essence of the issue.

Solo said:
And let's not forget that Ventus and Roxas are two entirely different persons!

This is something that apparently many people overlook/forget just because Ven and Roxas have nearly identical physical features.

For further reading, I recommend a look at this thread:
http://forums.khinsider.com/future-...de-convolution-little-known-facts-series.html
which clears up much in this regard and also some other issues that can be understood better with some of the creator-interviews.

Arosukirx

I understand that they are two different people, that's what confused me I guess.

So provided that there's a body for Roxas' heart to settle in
So, Roxas would need his own body to exist along side Ven but would he still share the same physical characteristics?
Could it also be said that he already has a body since he existed with Sora? I guess Sora kind of gained another body when he returned from being a heartless? If that's the case then I guess Roxas would look the same as Ven. Be weird two identical looking characters walking around. XD

Solo already captures the very essence of the issue.

This is something that apparently many people overlook/forget just because Ven and Roxas have nearly identical physical features.

For further reading, I recommend a look at this thread:
http://forums.khinsider.com/future-...de-convolution-little-known-facts-series.html
which clears up much in this regard and also some other issues that can be understood better with some of the creator-interviews.

Thanks for that link, really explains a lot quite well!

Last edited by a moderator:

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
The nobody is formed from the heart, however Sora was able to retain physical presence when he touched Kairi and so Roxas took the form of the other heart within Sora's, Ventus's. Roxas additionally held Ventus's heart for some time.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
So, Roxas would need his own body to exist along side Ven but would he still share the same physical characteristics?
Could it also be said that he already has a body since he existed with Sora? I guess Sora kind of gained another body when he returned from being a heartless? If that's the case then I guess Roxas would look the same as Ven. Be weird two identical looking characters walking around. XD

He would because this appearance is how he remembers himself and how all people who know him remember his appearance.
It was even said out loud in KH 2:
KH 2 said:
Roxas: I think I understand. I see myself the way you remember me. And you see yourself the way I remember you.

This is a question that is still unexplained as no one knows for sure what exactly happened when Sora returned to human form by Kairi's interference.
Fact is however that by merging with Sora at the end of the prologue of KH 2, Roxas definitely lost his physical presence and thus the "container" for his heart/essence.

As for the "identical"-bit, lol.
Roxas and Ventus actually aren't identical at all, just very similar like identical twins.

This thread talks about it:
http://forums.khinsider.com/future-kingdom-hearts/193406-should-roxas-vens-design-change.html

and here are animated pics to illustrate the differences regarding their eyebrows:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

And if you look at my signature (or any picture that shows their hair completely) you'll notice that Roxas' hairstyle has more spikes cause his hair tips split more than Ven's. ;)

LedxirnSimon

He would because this appearance is how he remembers himself and how all people who know him remember his appearance.
It was even said out loud in KH 2:

This is a question that is still unexplained as no one knows for sure what exactly happened when Sora returned to human form by Kairi's interference.
Fact is however that by merging with Sora at the end of the prologue of KH 2, Roxas definitely lost his physical presence and thus the "container" for his heart/essence.

As for the "identical"-bit, lol.
Roxas and Ventus actually aren't identical at all, just very similar like identical twins.

This thread talks about it:
http://forums.khinsider.com/future-kingdom-hearts/193406-should-roxas-vens-design-change.html

and here are animated pics to illustrate the differences regarding their eyebrows:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

And if you look at my signature (or any picture that shows their hair completely) you'll notice that Roxas' hairstyle has more spikes cause his hair tips split more than Ven's. ;)

The reason why the spikes on roxas's hair are splitting out was due to the time he was in a comatose state on uncomfortable-looking bed in days. :p

or all of Characters in KH have a permanent bad-hair for the rest of their lives.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Practically half the cast resemble each other already.

Sora, Roxas, Vanitas, and Ven all lookalike in canon. We've had games that have Sora and Roxas, Ven and Vanitas, and even all for of them together.

Kairi, Xion, and Naminé are all also supposed to resemble each other, and we've had games that have Kairi and Naminé, Xion and Naminé, and again all for of them together in some form.

I don't even want to get into Xehanort and all his spawn, but there's about half a dozen different versions who are also supposed to look similar but they've also been distinguishable enough while occupying the same space.

Basically, having characters that resemble each other while sharing the same screen is something that the series has been doing for years already. I think Ven and Roxas will be fine~

Arosukirx

Practically half the cast resemble each other already.

Sora, Roxas, Vanitas, and Ven all lookalike in canon. We've had games that have Sora and Roxas, Ven and Vanitas, and even all for of them together.

Kairi, Xion, and Naminé are all also supposed to resemble each other, and we've had games that have Kairi and Naminé, Xion and Naminé, and again all for of them together in some form.

I don't even want to get into Xehanort and all his spawn, but there's about half a dozen different versions who are also supposed to look similar but they've also been distinguishable enough while occupying the same space.

Basically, having characters that resemble each other while sharing the same screen is something that the series has been doing for years already. I think Ven and Roxas will be fine~

Yep that's very true. When you put it like that it makes a lot of sense and doesn't even seem an issue, it was just the fact that Ven and Roxas are so closely linked. It'll be interesting to see how Nomura handles it.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I think it's also important to note the ending of DDD when Riku dives into Sora's heart. he's confronted by Roxas, Ventus and Xion separately.
The fact he's meet and questioned by each separately further shows their connected but individual hearts.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think it's also important to note the ending of DDD when Riku dives into Sora's heart. he's confronted by Roxas, Ventus and Xion separately.
The fact he's meet and questioned by each separately further shows their connected but individual hearts.

Yep, that too.

Ansem the Wise even explicitly mentions it afterwards:
Ansem the Wise said:
Then, you came here, and you were questioned by three young people.

Considering this was once the man who called Xion a "blasted puppet" in Days and Roxas "a tool, at best" in KH 2, that he now considers those two indeed their own people truly shows how genuine his change of heart was after he ditched the DiZ-persona and confirms both as entities that, while closely connected to them, are separate from both Sora and Ventus.

NeoshadowXC

Yeah they'll both exist, logic be damned. So will Xion. Even though she and Roxas are effectively 1/4th of Sora.

kmorris2609

Ven and Roxas are two separate people. Though Roxas is Sora's nobody, I believe they will find a way to make him his own person, considering he has such a strong individual personality. However, I don't see how Xion could exist when she did not have any of her own original thoughts or memories. She was created by Xemnas from Sora's memories. She isn't technically real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back