• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vanitus and riku connection

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kurix175

Title almost sums it all up but what do you guys believe is the connection if there is one with vanitus and riku? For example, the costume vanitus wears is almost exactly like rikus in the first game and another one is vanitus' fighting style seems similar to rikus. So what could the connection be? And I apologize if this was alredy posted.

zexyishsmexy

I believe that Van and riku will share the same sort of connection that VEn and Sora do.

Nomura didn't just spin the magical costume wheel and land on a knockoff of Riku's.
Nor did he spin the magical battle stance wheel.
Nor the magical CGI scene wheel in which Riku/Van extend their hand to Sora/Van.
and he couldn't have spun the magical keyblade wheel and gotten one with similar markings/blue eyes as riku's does?

right? Theres a reason for everything, that is what this game is about.

Axens

Banned
Vanitas may just be someone who has access to dark mode as he does in KH 1 and COM. I dont think that they are connected otherwise. Maybe, though, Vanitas could be the one that makes Riku want to leave the island and see new worlds.

Last edited:

devastater147

but you can't forget that his voice actor is the same person who voices the japanese sora
and their names kinda like even if mess around with the spell the letter aren't off by much either

Vanitas may just be someone who has access to dark mode as he does in KH 1 and COM. I dont think that they are connected otherwise. Maybe, though, Vanitas could be the one that makes Riku want to leave the island and see new worlds.

I think Riku wanted to of his own free will and wasn't influenced by anyone but I can't say for sure

zexyishsmexy

but you can't forget that his voice actor is the same person who voices the japanese sora
and their names kinda like even if mess around with the spell the letter aren't off by much either
Very true...true.
But Ansem(TW) and Ansem(SoD) are entirely different people, and they have the EXACT same name, right?
I don't think the naming thing applies here.

zexyishsmexy

No matter how you rearrange the letters Vanitas never becomes Riku o_O Vanitas cant be the nobody of a five year old boy who hasn't lost his heart o_O
I think they ment Van and Ven.
Your comment made my night though...if that's worth anything XD

devastater147

No matter how you rearrange the letters Vanitas never becomes Riku o_O Vanitas cant be the nobody of a five year old boy who hasn't lost his heart o_O
alright I meant Ventus and Vanitas
see if change the e and the u to a and add a i between the n and t you get Vanitas and you can do the same thing visa versa

Very true...true.
But Ansem(TW) and Ansem(SoD) are entirely different people, and they have the EXACT same name, right?
I don't think the naming thing applies here.

Nomura said the name was perfect in corrlation to VENTUS, and those name, that you listed, still have a connection ansem SoD stole the name from Ansem TW. so again I believe these between names do have connection between the two. very rare in this universe do similiar named people don't have a key connection

zexyishsmexy

Nomura said the name was perfect in corrlation to VENTUS, and those name, that you listed, still have a connection ansem SoD stole the name from Ansem TW. so again I believe these between names do have connection between the two. very rare in this universe do similiar named people don't have a key connection
Once again....true...true.
but he never said that they were named similarly to be....interchangeable.
I think he just wanted to make it clear that they were eachothers rivals.
IMO. y'know?

And when has this happened in "this universe" besides the Ansems, that you could call it rare?
and plus, if Ven and Van are connected in their names, you using the Ansems as an example, it would not make them the same people. The Ansems are rivals, thus further proving my point.

devastater147

I didn't mean interchange just that their names are similar and sound simliar

and it happened um all the time Roxas-sora
Xemnas-ansem
every nobody that has a somebody

2. no they don't have that connection of Rival. The Ansems had the connection of master and apprentice, colleague at the most. Xemnas never tried to out do Ansem just to do it like a rival would. He did it because of his own selfish reason and well him and his master didn't see eye to eye so he got rid because he would be a liability. Ansem only wanted revenge on him and to stop him from his plans so the two have more of a nemesis relationship than a rival one, unless that’s what you were implying about the other two?

and no I didn't say Vanitas and Ventus couldn't be rivals just that he seems more than or also connected to Sora as well Riku. who know he may be another Xion that nomura made to mess with us.

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
i know this might not go smooth with many people, but i think vanitas' heart(if he has one) migrates into riku while ven's migrates into sora, hence why both of them can dual-wield and the striking similarities between riku and vanitas

JUST SPECULATION AND THEORYffffuuu

MeggieKeyblader

I really think Vanitas is connected with Sora, not Riku. There are two pieces of solid evidence that supports this.

Ven and Vanitas' names are alike. Nomura stated that he used the name 'Vanitas' because of its meaning (Emptiness) but also because it's similar to Ven's name.

Also, both Sora and Ven have the same voice actor.

Unlike most of the theories we make up, those two pieces of information are solid facts. xD

Dillon

I really think Vanitas is connected with Sora, not Riku. There are two pieces of solid evidence that supports this.

Ven and Vanitas' names are alike. Nomura stated that he used the name 'Vanitas' because of its meaning (Emptiness) but also because it's similar to Ven's name.

Unlike most of the theories we make up, those two pieces of information are solid facts. xD
i think he is related 2 riku not sora i mean jus look at him bt dat provides no true evidence bt if i can recall riku once had an empty shell

zexyishsmexy

True, but I mean, you could use the same logic to proove Riku.
-same outfit: Fact
-Same battle stance: fact
-same rivalry with the "sora character": fact
-same apprentice-ship type deal to a man whose real name is xehanort: fact
-similar keyblades: fact

y'know?

kurix175

True, but I mean, you could use the same logic to proove Riku.
-same outfit: Fact
-Same battle stance: fact
-same rivalry with the "sora character": fact
-same apprentice-ship type deal to a man whose real name is xehanort: fact
-similar keyblades: fact

y'know?

That's some pretty solid info there. And wasn't it stated when everybody thought ven had more of a connection to roxas instead if sora nomura say that the voice actor of roxas is the same as ven instead of sora and ven having the same voice?

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
it seems like vanitas does indeed have some connection to riku but its hard to tell

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
Nomura's trying to confuse us even more and make us think. He even said he makes games that allow people to theorize about the missing pieces or new characters and situations

Don't ask for a link, i think he kinda hints how his games are meant to confuse to the point of allowing people to think up different situations to only be let down but happy when the truth comes out.Dogwut

KHD00D

it seems like vanitas does indeed have some connection to riku but its hard to tell

if its hard to tell for you then read my (LONG!) theory ive written on the subject. i think it clears things up and leaves room to add on speculation.

pay attention to the date of the post. (long time ago)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back