• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vanitas, Ven, and the Kingdom Key (A.K.A. VVKK)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
This is basically an extension of my first Vanitas theory...

Ven is an artificial BwHoPL, and Vanitas is his Unverse.

We know that MX messed up his heart, and here's what I think is what he did: he installed a darkness filter into his heart. The problem is, Ven can still have negative emotions and memories, and when they get filtered out, Ven forgets those. What do they become? Vanitas, the darkness carved from Ven's heart, which is why he's got Riku's darkness suit. The more negative memories Ven erases, the more powerful Vanitas becomes, possibly why Ven wants to be killed/erased. Another quote from MX:

Already, that man is a monster infused with darkness. Use your power to defeat it, and correct my mistake!
(Assuming he's talking about Vanitas) This implies that:

1: Vanitas is darkness
2: The whole thing is MX's fault

And why would Vanitas work with (and come out of) MX? Vanitas is memories of darkness, and MX is a heart of darkness. It's like PB&J.

For the sake of this theory, I'm going to assume that:

-Eraqus is a BwaHoPL (Maybe even just a Heart of Light), or has light-based abilities
-MX is talking to Eraqus in the Gathering Place (If MX is begging, he might be talking to someone of equal importance/ability)
-The KH in the BBS trailer is made of darkness (Terra's eyes turn yellow)
-An Unverse is made of negative emotions
-A keyblade is made of positive emotions (It'd be odd if just negative emotions created things)
-Ven's amnesia is heart-related (Memories, ability to regain them)
-MX can't, for whatever reasons, take back the filter (since he has to ask for help)

Because Ven can always have negative emotions, there may be no way to defeat Vanitas, since he would be eternal darkness. MX, however, states that there could be a way. How do you defeat eternal darkness?

Eternal light...(Or kill Ven, if he takes the filter down with him)

If MX can create a darkness filter, then Eraqus might be capable of creating a light filter (I see the two masters as ying and yang). What would these light memories form? The Kingdom Key. Eraqus's keyblade may have been a key figure in the creation of the Kingdom Key, and might've had a connection with the filter he had; filter out Ven's positive emotions using Eraqus's filter, and you've got a mix of their keyblades.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Alternatively, Ven's keybade + MX's keyblade = Vanitas's keyblade.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

However, this would filter out Ven's light memories. So how would he be able to wield? Perhaps Ven's heart doesn't remove the memories; it just replicates them and locks them away from influencing his heart.

Remember Olympus Coliseum? Ven still managed to remember MX, albeit the amnesia. Thus, he hasn't lost them completely. So long as he still has things to reactivate his memories, he can still wield, as shown in the BBS trailer.

Ven now has a light filter...and that's just what MX wants. When he grabbed Ven, he may have stolen the light filter, installed it into KH, added some black magic, and created a KH of darkness. Perhaps this was the purpose of the Keyblade Wars; to fight over the filters.

Vanitas is eternal darkness, Ven/anything with both filters is eternal nothingness (working on expanding this part), and the Kingdom Key is eternal Light...There ya go.

Last edited:

Pratiko

Awards
<.<
those are a LOT of assumptions..
-Eraqus is a BwaHoPL (Maybe even just a Heart of Light), or has light-based abilities
Huh, k.
-MX is talking to Eraqus in the Gathering Place
What? Didn't they show VAT there?
-The KH in the BBS trailer is made of darkness
Now that's a huuuuuuge step forward into a dark hole of doubt, since:
Sora said:
Kingdom Hearts is Light!
=/
-An Unverse is made of negative emotions
That's a fact already.
-A keyblade is made of positive emotions
If you say so..

Eraqus's keyblade may have been the Kingdom Key influenced by his positive emotions/memories; add in Ven's positive emotions, and you've got a mix of their keyblades.
Months ago I offered the possibility of Ven being involved with the Kingdom Key, which even I doubt.

Remember Olympus Coliseum? Ven still managed to remember MX, albeit the amnesia.
We don't know for sure if he actually had amnesia... so that's another assumption =/

Ven now has a light filter...and that's just what MX wants. When he grabbed Ven, he may have stolen the light filter, installed it into KH, added some black magic, and created a KH of darkness. Perhaps this was the purpose of the Keyblade Wars; to fight over the filters.
... filters? Really?

Vanitas is eternal darkness, Ven is eternal nothingness, and the Kingdom Key is eternal Light...
wat.

Nayru's Love

Awards
<.<
those are a LOT of assumptions..
Not much to say...

What? Didn't they show VAT there?
In the "Correct my mistake" scene? No, it was never confirmed who he was talking to. Though MX seemed sort of beggish, so he might've been talking to someone of equal importance or whatnot.

Now that's a huuuuuuge step forward into a dark hole of doubt, since:
=/
Filters.

That's a fact already.
Cool.

Months ago I offered the possibility of Ven being involved with the Kingdom Key, which even I doubt.
Why so?

We don't know for sure if he actually had amnesia... so that's another assumption =
A good one, though...but I'll add it up there anyways.

... filters? Really?
Think of it this way...Winner gets Kingdom Hearts on their side.

I'm thinking Ven can't have any real emotions because the light and darkness get filtered out. No emotions amounts to nothingness.

Last edited:

Pratiko

Awards
Roxas' similarity to Ven, of course.

I'm thinking Ven can't have any real emotions because the light and darkness get filtered out. No emotions amounts to nothingness.
We call those Nobodies. I wonder how you get to all these assumptions...

Nayru's Love

Awards
Roxas' similarity to Ven, of course.
I blame that on Ven's authentic memories...Those might've been used to give Roxas emotions and influence his appearance, while Ven's replica light memories may have been used to create what we now know as the KK.
The idea that keyblades may be the Unverses of light with replicated memories. Crazy, I know.

We call those Nobodies. I wonder how you get to all these assumptions...
Except nobodies don't have hearts. Ven would exist, but, in a sense, would have nothing to define his existence. His heart wouldn't collapse, and his looks wouldn't change because he still has his memories.

Last edited:

Nayru's Love

Awards
I support you... Kingdom Hearts is not light it is whatever u want it to be... Xehanorts heartless wanted kingdom hearts to be darkness and it was darkness..... but when sora said kingdom hearts was light it became light...

Not exactly what I was getting at...but I agree with the idea of KH being interchangeable. Sometime before KH, I'm thinking the darkness filter replaces the light filter, so whatever made KH dark is now making Vanitas stronger, wherever/whoever he may be.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Just one comment and one question on one quote.

BBS isn't about the Keyblade Wars: confirmed as of TGS 2009.
That's what I was referring to; It's technically a fight between light and darkness.

Where the hell did you get the idea of a "filter" from?
My own idea that may explain the reasons behind the amnesia, MX messing with Ven's heart, and a hard-to-defeat darkness.

Nayru's Love

Awards
I am a little confused about this one. Are you saying that Master Erauqs (it's Erauqs to me) created the Kingdom Key?

Sorry, let me reword that...

Basically, I'm thinking that the KK was a result of Ven's positive replica memories going through Eraqus's light filter. Same thing with Vanitas; he and his keyblade were a result of Ven's negative replica memories going through MX's dark filter.

Nayru's Love

Awards
I just thought of a semi-awesome comparison: these filters function like keyblades.

Not only do some keyblades realease darkness from hearts, but they also lock doors (memories).

When MX turned his keyblade into the orb, that orb could've been the filter/something related to it.

KHBassist

It's possible, but the idea of filters doesn't sit quite right with me...i don't know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back