• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vanitas Unmasked (Obvious spoiler here, folks)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

maian

So, funny story. I was intent on finishing this the last time I posted, and then my laptop broke! So yes, there is a very realistic chance that this will never get finished, or will take weeks to get back to. Ugh.

maian

wow. My drawing sucks so bad compared to that! You should do a tutorial or something.

If your sig and avatar are anything to go by (assuming you drew them), then you're probably actually better than me. :X What I really need to work on are poses and stuff, and being able to draw without reference. Granted, I didn't use a reference for this (except obvious Vanitas pictures to get clothing detail), but you can tell the pose is, well, horribly plain. If I had more space to work with, it'd be fun to try doing the rest of his body which would spice things up.

And, I'm really loving the compliments, guys. Thanks so much. :) It's just a damn shame my laptop broke, because that means this will probably never be finished. =/

maian

Im liking what I see. What tool did you use to color?

Well it was all colored digitally, with my tablet. I used Corel Painter XI, and more specifically, the digital airbrush tool for everything that's been done thus far. Typically I get basic shades in with the airbrush tool, then add in detail with something else. All the outlining was done with "Don's Marker", a tool I got from a Painter Tutorial book.

maian

New drawing, for anyone who cares:

P1050935.jpg

Raun

Wow, that is a really good drawing of Vanitas. I can see that the hair had its difficulties, but still good. As for the new pic, the girl's shoulder seems a little misplaced.

maian

Wow, that is a really good drawing of Vanitas. I can see that the hair had its difficulties, but still good. As for the new pic, the girl's shoulder seems a little misplaced.

Yeah, the hair. The issue there is that I accidentally started coloring on the line layer, so it colored over the outlines. I tried to fix some of it which screwed me up more. I'll probably just have to reoutline that part. Easy fix, but annoying. >_> And eh, I used a pose reference to get that shot of her, and her shoulder is where it should be. Regardless, I'm in the process of coloring it now. I just got to the point where Vanitas is right now, color-wise. It's time to see how my blending is.

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
To be honest,
I enjoy the uncolored version of Vanitas better. Something about it was more serious and deviously dark.
Ast for the second drawing, it could use some work but it looks nice in general :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back