• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vanitas Theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkvelvet89

personally, I don't wanna learn who Vanitas is until the game is released to NA, but I have a theory.

No, it's not the whole "terra's unversed" or "riku's older brother" or anything like that, but something like a new character.

we're not exactly sure on Master Eraqus' background, but we know that he is a master that may have been friends with MX.

in the recent trailer found here: YouTube - ?PSP?KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep?Trailer2009Winter, Vanitas had yellow/gold eyes (submitted to darkness) and black eyebrows (implying he has black/dark hair). also, at 4:37, Master Eraqus says "You were never supposed to exist!" ( many people think he was talking to Vanitas, including me)

THEORY: Maybe Vanitas is some sort of mistake that Master Eraqus created from darkness (that resembles him in a way), and Master Xehanort took him in as an apprentice with the helmet on. Then, when Eraqus (possibly) sees Vanitas without his helmet, he attacks him and tries to erase him.

Just a thought, considering we don't know much about Master Eraqus, and I'd imagine that Nomura would give him some substantial importance to the story other than training TAV and befriending MX.

BladeofHearts18

this is possible since we can't really think of a character besides vanitas that made ME say that since vanitas is such a mystery to be solved. well MX might be one but it doesn't fit. interesting theory.

Last edited:

amcg

that makes a lot more sense than most theories, the only thing i dont understand is why would master xehanohart say to terra or was it ven that they knew him? quote: Master Xehanort: “You should know him, the masked boy. His name is Vanitas.”

pinkvelvet89

that makes a lot more sense than most theories, the only thing i dont understand is why would master xehanohart say to terra or was it ven that they knew him? quote: Master Xehanort: “You should know him, the masked boy. His name is Vanitas.”

not sure :/
maybe if he was talking to terra, MX meant to compare their darkness or something like that.
...or he could have just been trying to find Vanitas a playmate. :)

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Didn't Nomura say that Vanitas' face -- which is revealed at the end of the game -- would shock us? That implies that we've seen his face before. Which means he isn't a new character unless Vanitas is another Xion or something.

diogo14

that makes a lot more sense than most theories, the only thing i dont understand is why would master xehanohart say to terra or was it ven that they knew him? quote: Master Xehanort: “You should know him, the masked boy. His name is Vanitas.

That doesn't mean "You know him..." ; that's more like "Hey, you should meet this guy..".

Trukybldemstr2

Garbage Pail Kid
Website
www.facebook.com
personally, I don't wanna learn who Vanitas is until the game is released to NA, but I have a theory.

No, it's not the whole "terra's unversed" or "riku's older brother" or anything like that, but something like a new character.

we're not exactly sure on Master Eraqus' background, but we know that he is a master that may have been friends with MX.

in the recent trailer found here: YouTube - ?PSP?KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep?Trailer2009Winter, Vanitas had yellow/gold eyes (submitted to darkness) and black eyebrows (implying he has black/dark hair). also, at 4:37, Master Eraqus says "You were never supposed to exist!" ( many people think he was talking to Vanitas, including me)

THEORY: Maybe Vanitas is some sort of mistake that Master Eraqus created from darkness (that resembles him in a way), and Master Xehanort took him in as an apprentice with the helmet on. Then, when Eraqus (possibly) sees Vanitas without his helmet, he attacks him and tries to erase him.

Just a thought, considering we don't know much about Master Eraqus, and I'd imagine that Nomura would give him some substantial importance to the story other than training TAV and befriending MX.

This thought totally crossed my mind....its a pretty cool theory and very plausible.

Alex123

i dont feel comfortable revealing that information
Didn't Nomura say that Vanitas' face -- which is revealed at the end of the game -- would shock us? That implies that we've seen his face before. Which means he isn't a new character unless Vanitas is another Xion or something.
i might get flamed for saying this, but i really think that he has sora's face. if you pause the trailer most of his mask is off, he has brown hair, which makes me think of sora. plus their voices are very similar, so the rumor that they have the same VA is very possible.

XwingsofaresX

Website
www.youtube.com
i dont know why, but i cant get the idea that Vanitas is a Sora-look-a-like...:23:

im sticking with my theory that Vanitas is Ansem's apprentice Xehanort. the only other character i know that has golden eyes is Xehanort. and, now work with me here, when MX gets it, Vanitas will take his name, somehow find Ansem, and the rest is set into motion *kh1-kh2*. :eek: oh well, cant be too sure...

TVA1994

Actually I was kinda thinking that maybe Vanitas is a clone of Terra and Ventus that Eraqus and Xehanort created. Vanitas was probably originally meant to fight for good and they never told anyone who he really is. But probably over time MX probably led him into darkness and destroyed all that was light in him thus making him his apprentice. They probably created him incase one day like it could have been foretold that Terra and Ventus would be destroyed.

Vanitas.

im sticking with my theory that Vanitas is Ansem's apprentice Xehanort. the only other character i know that has golden eyes is Xehanort. and, now work with me here, when MX gets it, Vanitas will take his name, somehow find Ansem, and the rest is set into motion *kh1-kh2*. :eek: oh well, cant be too sure...
But when Xehanort is found he doesn't have golden eyes. He has brown eyes. His heartless and nobody have orange/yellow eyes but not amber like.

And what about MX and Terra? They both have gold eyes as well.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
i might get flamed for saying this, but i really think that he has sora's face. if you pause the trailer most of his mask is off, he has brown hair, which makes me think of sora. plus their voices are very similar, so the rumor that they have the same VA is very possible.

His hair is black.

αsiя

space coke
I think Im only going to spoil myself with Vanitas' identity to see if any of us were right

XwingsofaresX

Website
www.youtube.com
But when Xehanort is found he doesn't have golden eyes. He has brown eyes. His heartless and nobody have orange/yellow eyes but not amber like.

well, that shade of color, i mean. but maybe because MX is a very evil man *lol i sound like a kid*, that evil manifested as Vanitas, which might serve as a probable factor of the Vanitas=younger MX theory. then that could lead to where my theory that Vanitas takes MX's name and meets Ansem goes into play.

and i forget, which Xehanort were you talking about specifically?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back