• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vanitas is Kairi's Grandmother.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
So I figured I'd give my shot at trying to draw some connections from Vanitas to Ven, seeing as how they (possible) are connected, to not mention that also would connect him to Sora, and seeing as how Vanitas already has Sora's VA... well, you know what I'm getting at, right? (No serious, I don't even know what I'm getting at honestly.)

Anyway, let's use the most revealing picture we have of Vanitas so far, shall we? And it'll be next to one of Ven, as well!

venk.png

Just figured I'd point that out as one of their similarities. Now, we know somehow Vanitas have a connection besides looks, yes? The way Vanitas holds out his hand to Ven in a Sora-Riku way, the way he talks of Ven to MX about how he needs to make him stronger, warning him about Terra, etc. Not to mention that are both connected to our main guy.

Kingdom_Hearts___Sora_the____by_tafkae.jpg

(Sora, not the Shadow. ;>.> )

And how would Vanitas be connected, you say? Well, here is Vanitas voice:

YouTube - Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Jump Festa 2010 Trailer

Here's Sora's voice:

YouTube - Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (Japanese) part 1

And if that isn't enough.

YouTube - Vanitas isn't voiced by Mamoru Miyano (Riku), but by Miyu Irino (Sora)!

If they don't sound alike, well, I'd say you're weird. Not to mention that it's been confirmed, hasn't it? Either way, their voices are pratically the same, and I doubt they would get the same voice actor to voice two different original characters if they weren't connected (like Xion and Kairi). And it's not that impossible, seeing as how many Sora's we already have:

-Sora
-Digi-Sora
-Roxas
-Ven
and
Xion.

Now, what else would it mean if Vanitas was connected to Sora? I'd like to think this now means he connected to Xehanort as well, seeing as how Vanitas must also be connected to Xehanort. After all, one of BbS's main goals is the origin of Xehanort, and Terra, Master Xehanort and Vanitas probably all play a part in that.

Ehhh, anyway, just felt like sharing this. Not really a theory, I guess. Just one of those random thread ideas I throw out every once in awhile. Time to flame now, please.

Last edited:

Lonbilly

Awards
Misleading title is misleading!

Precisely.

I just figured I should post this since you see more people going "Vanitas is Xehanort!!!!!" than "Vanitas is connected to Sora!!!!!!" Though I still believe Vanitas is still connected to Riku (as is Ven) and also still connected to Xehanort (as is Terra and Master Xehanort).

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Actually I find this remotely believable, if I had to point Vanitas as a lookalike then I'd probably pick Sora.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
The title of this made me laugh for some reason.....
anyway it is pretty interesting.... since i seen the trailer i been thinking that Vanitas is gonna look like a black haired roxas/Ven/sora....

though i think it was confirmed that the Japanese voice for vanitas is the same as sora's, it still sounds like riku's to me.... Idk :cool:

Sora^Fan

Haha, nice title, that made my day :lol:
Ummm, it's a very good guess, I have been wandering about this too and I find this to be the more reasonable one plus a black-haired Sora look-alike would be awesome :36:

Millenious

anyway it is pretty interesting.... since i seen the trailer i been thinking that Vanitas is gonna look like a black haired roxas/Ven/sora....

though i think it was confirmed that the Japanese voice for vanitas is the same as sora's, it still sounds like riku's to me.... Idk :cool:

About the Sora's voice actor thing and i know this is off topic, but what with the recent voice actor explosion has anyone tried reaching Haley Joel Osment for his possble appearance, I mean we do know that Sora appears at the end.

Sora^Fan

About the Sora's voice actor thing and i know this is off topic, but what with the recent voice actor explosion has anyone tried reaching Haley Joel Osment for his possble appearance, I mean we do know that Sora appears at the end.

Very good point, but even if he were involved I don't think he'll be able to talk too much about it...

Lonbilly

Awards

Yeah, I'll go ahead and add that in. Thanks.

Actually I find this remotely believable, if I had to point Vanitas as a lookalike then I'd probably pick Sora.

Well, I was going to do Sora first, but I forgot, and I figure Roxas and Sora look enough alike around the bang area to use that.

It's a lot more likely than it being Braig or Aqua.

When I first saw the title I went,"Not Again..." But now reading the whole thing, I support it!

Thanks.

Haha, nice title, that made my day :lol:
Ummm, it's a very good guess, I have been wandering about this too and I find this to be the more reasonable one plus a black-haired Sora look-alike would be awesome :36:

Though I just wonder how they'll pull it off if he is a Sora.

Shoot. And I thought this would be an INTERESTING theory. Thanks for crushing my hopes, Lonbilly.

Your welcome. =D

I don't think he'd even be allowed to say if he was until after BbS released in Japan, or maybe even longer.

Millenious

Very good point, but even if he were involved I don't think he'll be able to talk too much about it...

Yes that is true, which is what happened with another voice actor where he couldn't say who he was voicing or disclose further information, but all we need to do is confirm he is signed on to voice at all and then speculate on it who it is.

Last edited:

iLexi-chan

LOL! I hight dought it's Kairi's grandma...>>
But who ever it is has the most best laugh for Vanitas!xD

Luvinlizzxp

Website
www.facebook.com
Judging from that video, Mamoru Miyano has a bunch of character voice personalities so its not exactly easy to tell. If he did turn out to be Vanitas we could always blame it on his serious (or maniacal considering the laughing) tone for not realizing it. :]

As for that revealing picture with the black hair. Hah. I think we can always rely on the whole "black with yellow eyes" factor as something not good.

And Kairi's Grandmother...well that would've been a real head basher wouldn't it? xD

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
When I first saw the title I went,"Not Again..." But now reading the whole thing, I support it!

I thought the same, but when I saw his name and not some random noob's name, I had an idea that the title was probably a joke and right I was. I usually don't care much for theories anymore, but this one does have its valid points. Honestly, this sounds more possible than him looking like Riku or Xehanort (the other one).. and especially Xion or Aqua.. The only characters I can see him looking like are Ven or Terra, with a slight chance of possibly looking like Sora or Riku (the present day/ KH1 version, mind you).

Z

Zulkir

OP is right, everything so far seems to be pointing towards either a sora-ish face or a roxas-ish face.

Mickey's note: Sora, YOU are EEEEVIL!

crazzyBRY

similar bangs??

lol.. all nomura's character design are all spiked hair that goes on their faces..

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
The little threw me off a bit. XD
Anyways, this is an interesting theory.
I'm guessing that he'll look like Ven or Sora?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back