• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vanitas Height

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanitas_Booker

Hey everyone!
I'm brand new here, and I actually just realized something really cool that I thought I would share with you guys....
Most people consider Vanitas and Sora to be the exact same height. Well, recently I decided to cosplay as someone from Kingdom Hearts, and my first choice was Vanitas. I was a little worried because I'm 5'11 and I figured he was 5'4-5'6 like Sora...
Well, I discovered a program to use with video game models and this is what the result was.

He is easily 4-5 inches taller than sora, making him at least 5'9-5'10.. and just to prove that I'm not tricking yall, here is a picture of half Sora and half Vanitas, and Vanitas still has atleast 4 inches on Sora.

Pretty cool huh?

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Re: Vanitas Height (potential spoilers)

So my question is how tall is ventus
so vanitas is mabey about 5'8 near riku height, then how tall is aqua and terra, they tower over ventus

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

That's pretty cool, little tidbits like how tall the characters are, especially is relation to each other, is sometimes nice to know.

Although I am a bit skeptical of the results. Not because I think your data is incorrect, it's more of a scaling issue within the games themselves.

XehanortXemnasKnightcopy-2.png

The developers them selves don't always take the characters heights into consideration as seen here where we have the models of AX, Riku-Ansem, Xemnas, and LS all taken from KH2(FM). The first three are all approximately the same height while LS is abnormally huge.

Basically Vanitas's height in BbS is relation to Sora's may not be accurate.

If Vanitas is in fact canonically taller than Sora I reckon he was physically "older" than KH2 Sora. Or he's infected by MX's heart giving him growth spurts because the mofo is tall. YMX is taller than Vanitas who may be a good 4-5 inches taller than Sora. YMX can just sit on Sora and squash him.

Last edited:

Vanitas_Booker

That's pretty cool, little tidbits like how tall the characters are, especially is relation to each other, is sometimes nice to know.

Although I am a bit skeptical of the results. Not because I think your data is incorrect, it's more of a scaling issue within the games themselves.

The developers them selves don't always take the characters heights into consideration as seen here where we have the models of AX, Riku-Ansem, Xemnas, and LS all taken from KH2(FM). The first three are all approximately the same height while LS is abnormally huge.

If Vanitas is in fact canonically taller than Sora I reckon he was physically "older" than KH2 Sora. Or he's infected by MX's heart giving him growth spurts because the mofo is tall. YMX is taller than Vanitas who may be a good 4-5 inches taller than Sora. YMX can just sit on Sora and squash him.
Yes, this is all correct, but actually when I imported both models, sora was twice the size of vanitas. So the way I made them on the same scale is by making their faces the same size. I think vanitas is obviously a bit bigger than sora though anyway... He just naturally looks longer and more developed/mature (like Riku).
yeah, YMX isn't too much taller than Vanitas though... Maybe an two or three inches, making him between 5''11 and 6' foot. So he obviously isn't too tall (considering MX is probably 6'2 or 6'3).
if I had those models you posted, I could put the LS on the same scale as the others, and then we could see what his true height is! :)

So my question is how tall is ventus
so vanitas is mabey about 5'8 near riku height, then how tall is aqua and terra, they tower over ventus
I think Aqua is most likely somewhat tall for a girl... Like 5'8 or 5'9 (when they're fighting vanitas looks about as tall as her).
ven is probably around 5'5 like Sora and Roxas. Terra would probably be about 6' or 6'1.

I don't know if I'm supposed to be double posting or not, but I just remembered, the part in DDD when you see Vanitas beside young xehanort, isn't he only an inch or two shorter than him? And from the bio of young Xehanort, it says he is a "tall young man", so wouldn't that make Vanitas somewhat tall compared to the other teenage characters as well (or at least average height)? I also looked, and he seems to be about the same height if not a tad bit taller than aqua, and in my opinion, she seems relatively tall for a female.
by the way: if you guys can't figure it out, I'm cosplaying as Vanitas and I'm 5'11, so I'm trying to figure out if I'm either way to tall, or just 1-3 inches taller.

Last edited:

Samhain

Bronze Member

xehanortxemnasknightcop.png

YMX looks really short. Damn that means his counter parts Ansem SoD and Xemnas are HUGE. Did you see how big the difference in height is from the Xehanort's? YMX is a mouse compared to Ansem SoD, Xemnas, Terra, and MX.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

YMX looks really short. Damn that means his counter parts Ansem SoD and Xemnas are HUGE. Did you see how big the difference in height is from the Xehanort's? YMX is a mouse compared to Ansem SoD, Xemnas, Terra, and MX.

The height proportions for the characters in KH are weird. From what I can tell YMX is fairly tall for his age (I'm guessing he's round 16?). If Vanitas_Booker's calculations are correct Vanitas is around 5'9"-5'10" (at least), YMX is several inches taller than Vanitas which means he could easily break 6". Which means that his other counter parts are all pretty much titans. Bbbuuuutt as I mentioned before, the developers don't always take the characters' heights in consideration to a "T".

Vanitas_Booker

The height proportions for the characters in KH are weird. From what I can tell YMX is fairly tall for his age (I'm guessing he's round 16?). If Vanitas_Booker's calculations are correct Vanitas is around 5'9"-5'10" (at least), YMX is several inches taller than Vanitas which means he could easily break 6". Which means that his other counter parts are all pretty much titans. Bbbuuuutt as I mentioned before, the developers don't always take the characters' heights in consideration to a "T".
Yeah, actually Xemnas looks at least 6'3.... AT LEAST.... He's probably bigger than any other character in the series. I could see Vanitas being 5'9-5'10, YMX is only about an inch or two taller so he's probably 5'11-6'0, and xemnas is probably around 6'3-6'4.
young-xehanort-vanitas.png

See, he really isn't too much taller.... and YMX is easily the same size as KH2 Riku (in my opinion).

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
can we take a minute please to take into consideration that Apprentice Xehanort (pictured with Ansem, Xemnas and LS) is a COMPLETELY different being to Young Xehanort? Young Xehanort is literally well... Xehanort, Apprentice Xehanort is Xehanort in Terra's body. So these may be further miscalculations.

Vanitas_Booker

can we take a minute please to take into consideration that Apprentice Xehanort (pictured with Ansem, Xemnas and LS) is a COMPLETELY different being to Young Xehanort? Young Xehanort is literally well... Xehanort, Apprentice Xehanort is Xehanort in Terra's body. So these may be further miscalculations.
Yes, and there is also something else I want to take into consideration... If my calculations are correct, then it would make total sense for Vanitas to be taller than Sora. When Vanitas was "born" he did NOT have any relation to Sora. If you read the novel, he actually looked like the Black Coat Nightmare with the glowing red eyes and no face. You don't see this in BBS because it only shows him put on the mask and never shows his face after he is "born".
So, if he was an EXACT copy of Sora, being his height, with only a muscle suit and platform shoes, it would make ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE. Now, if he was Ventus' height, that would make more sense, but if you guys played the game, you would know that he isn't, that he stands a good few inches taller than him. He has no relation to looking like Sora apart from his face, and that's only because Ventus' heart combined with Sora's, and therefore he donned a face.
Just an observation I thought of tonight :)

kh2fmfan

can someones post a pic of kh2 sora compared to organization 13 models from final mix and kh1 to them?

Naizak

Something about Sora being 5'4-5'6 just doesn't sit well with me, in my opinion he can't be any higher than 5ft because Johnny Depp is 5'10 and when Sora is standing next to Jack Sparrow he barley reaches Jack's shoulders.
08.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back