• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vanitas, already there?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost_theMad

This is just a small bit of speculation I had, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere before and it kind of surprises me. At the moment, we're all kind of questioning whether or not Vanitas will be in the next game or a SoD, and on how he will return. My thoughts here mainly revolve round the Anti Black Coat Nightmare, which I believe is/was Vanitas. Also, I don't remember if it was in BBS or somewhere else, but I know it was once mentioned that Vanitas didn't have a face or appearance before touching Sora's heart and remained as just a being of darkness with red eyes. Now that I think about it, it might've been from one of the BBS novels, but I'm not exactly sure. What do you guys think of this theory? I can't be the only one who can see it, right? And it goes beyond just his appearance, his fighting style along with his manner of appearance, anyone?

Seighart

Awards
This is just a small bit of speculation I had, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere before and it kind of surprises me. At the moment, we're all kind of questioning whether or not Vanitas will be in the next game or a SoD, and on how he will return. My thoughts here mainly revolve round the Anti Black Coat Nightmare, which I believe is/was Vanitas. Also, I don't remember if it was in BBS or somewhere else, but I know it was once mentioned that Vanitas didn't have a face or appearance before touching Sora's heart and remained as just a being of darkness with red eyes. Now that I think about it, it might've been from one of the BBS novels, but I'm not exactly sure. What do you guys think of this theory? I can't be the only one who can see it, right? And it goes beyond just his appearance, his fighting style along with his manner of appearance, anyone?

I do think it was kind of a random boss considering all the others. Yeah it may be a nightmare, but why an org cloak with that power set? "It was just Soras nightmare" doesn't exactly fly with me.

I don't think it's Vanitas though. He's present, just not as the Anti Black Coat.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I do think it was kind of a random boss considering all the others. Yeah it may be a nightmare, but why an org cloak with that power set? "It was just Soras nightmare" doesn't exactly fly with me.

Because its original form as a giant Meow Wow Nightmare was rejected.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It's actually rather simple:

The Anti-Black Coat is the Nightmare-counterpart to the spirit-Dream Eater "Riku".
Except some bosses and the AR-card Dream Eaters, each Dream Eater has a Spirit and a Nightmare version, so Riku having one too is not that much of a surprise.

Both have the Dream-Eater Sigil on the exact same place, the one of the ABC actually appeared in response to Riku's as they dedicated a part of the cutscene to show just that.
They are also of the exact same height and build as well as the Nightmare using Riku's battle stance sometimes.

The bit of Vanitas' form before Ven connecting with Sora having red eyes is only from the novels, yes, so its canonicity is debatable, not to mention the eyes of the ABC are clearly Nightmare-Dream Eater eyes.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Now I'm just going out on a limb to say what if ABC, in addition to being Rikus counterpart, was also the same being as the Riku we see in PP *and* the embodiment of Soras nightmare. The former is completely baseless, but the latter-It is possible that Soras nightmare in full just took place in those few moments, but regardless. At the very least, Riku nearly woke Sora up just after defeating ABC, so the ABC really would've been keeping Sora there.

Vanitas_Booker

Well, considering that Vanitas would be taller with a more muscular build than DDD Riku, my guess is that it is NOT Vanitas... He does have the same "faceless" look as Vanitas once had before Ventus' heart was bonded with Sora's, but I feel like that he felt a lot "slower" to fight than Vanitas. Vanitas relies on brute force and agility when you fight him, while ABC is very slow and uses tons of "magic" effects. Could it be just some nightmare of Sora's? Maybe, but like what was said above, I believe whoever it was is an important character.
Also, Vanitas was seen in DDD. But when he was seen, he had his mask fully off with his "Sora" looking face... why would he convert back to the stage where he had no face?
That said, I do believe Vanitas will be in KH3.

X-Blade20

Anti-Black coat is a nightmare that Sora was having about organization 13. Most likely it was created by young xehanort since he could summon dream eaters. I see it as YX and Org's intentions to turn Sora into one of them. Most likely it was a forshadow for what Sora would have become if it wasn't for Lea, the thirteenth member of Organization 13. About Vanitas nobody knows where he is or how he is. I doubt he is in the Org. right now but hopefully he might return in KH 3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back