• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vampire Knight

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vox

Omnipresent Power
Awards
vampire-knight.gif

I've just recently finished vampire knight and i must say i fell in love with the series in the first season. Who has seen it, who was your favorite character? were you dissapointed by the ending or was it fitting?

Also i have a unrelated question. Do you know of any animes similar to this ?

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
Vampire Knight was the first anime I ever watched actually. I think it took me less than 24 hours to finish both seasons. I loved the story and characters and I honestly wish there was another season. The manga goes into much better detail than the anime. My favorite character would have to be Zero. He was my first anime crush (lol). I also happen to have the Vampire Knight Illustrations book, which has some beautiful artwork in it. I find myself looking in it often for art inspiration.

Vox

Omnipresent Power
Awards
I'm a big zero fan also. He went through alot to get to where he was towards the end. Though the ending was kind of lack luster.

Nov

Awards
It's been a while that I've watched them but yeah, I've seen both Vampire Knight and Vampire Knight Guilty. I think I watched all the episodes about in two days and even though I didn't really become a fan of the series, I enjoyed it quite a bit. As for ending, I don't know if I liked it or not. Like Yuki actually being a vampire and all the stuff that happened after that. I know that all the explanations and reasons were given but I still found it to be quite random. On the other hand, it was fitting and perfect and in a way a nice twist even though it wasn't really surprising. I just can't decide, lol.

As for favorite characters... well, Hanabusa Aido must be favorite. Because of his nature, ability and relationship with Kaname. Other characters that I liked were Zero (although I didn't like him as much in Vampire Knight Guilty) and Senri Shiki (even though he didn't have a huge role in the series).

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I was not too happy about the ending. Especially for Zero. I was really empathetic towards his character.

Nov

Awards
I liked Senri Shiki. He just seemed so interesting to me. More so than some of the other characters.
Yeah, I agree with you. For example, I didn't find Ruka or even Kaname interesting for some reason, lol even though he's one of the main characters. I was only interested in his relationship with Yuki but after that, meh. It's probably the reason that I preferred Zero to him.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
Yeah, I agree with you. For example, I didn't find Ruka or even Kaname interesting for some reason, lol even though he's one of the main characters. I was only interested in his relationship with Yuki but after that, meh. It's probably the reason that I preferred Zero to him.

I agree with you about Ruka and Kaname. Kaname is my least favorite character I would have to say. Partially because I side with Zero rather than Kaname and partly because he was a little too predictable. His relationship with Yuki was the most interesting thing with him although I disagree with the pairing.

Nov

Awards
I agree with you about Ruka and Kaname. Kaname is my least favorite character I would have to say. Partially because I side with Zero rather than Kaname and partly because he was a little too predictable. His relationship with Yuki was the most interesting thing with him although I disagree with the pairing.
He was one of my least favorite characters as well. Though I liked him at first but then it just... died when basically nothing changed in him. He was a bit too perfect perhaps. Being a pureblood, smart, handsome and so on, he didn't have any faults which lead me to find him to be an uninteresting character. Just when compared to Zero, who was forced to be something that he hated so much and had so much more character development, Kaname felt really lackluster and boring.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
He was one of my least favorite characters as well. Though I liked him at first but then it just... died when basically nothing changed in him. He was a bit too perfect perhaps. Being a pureblood, smart, handsome and so on, he didn't have any faults which lead me to find him to be an uninteresting character. Just when compared to Zero, who was forced to be something that he hated so much and had so much more character development, Kaname felt really lackluster and boring.

It seems like he was purposely meant to be that way. If Kaname was suppose to be perfect then, perfect=boring. Seriously it would have been way more interesting if Kaname had made a mistake or two.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
I found that Kaname was pretty boring from time to time... but as I delved deeper in the story, he was pressured into being that way.
sadly spoilers ahead and I don't want to tag 'em or type it up...

Nov

Awards
It seems like he was purposely meant to be that way. If Kaname was suppose to be perfect then, perfect=boring. Seriously it would have been way more interesting if Kaname had made a mistake or two.
Yeah, I guess so. Maybe they thought that him being perfect made him more attractive for a viewer or something? I don't know. But indeed, it would have been more interesting. Perfection isn't interesting.

Found this on Vampire Knight wikia:
"Kaname was the third character design completed with a professional look. His personality was defined after Yuki's and he was created "as if there are no blanks left" unlike other characters still maturing, such as Yuki. Matsuri Hino describes Kaname as possessing her bad side."
Created "as if there are no blanks left." Hm, so I guess that kind of explains his lack of character development at least personality wise? That is just... boring, lol. XD But yeah, I guess he was meant to be that way, a perfect, ready character but a bit accidentally ended up being boring.

I didn't like his fiance/brother thing with Yuki either. I found it so creepy. I know, it just is what it is and that's the way it is in the story but it's still so creepy.

I'm not sure though if we have to use spoiler tags as this anime has been released like... three years ago but... o.o What's the policy in here? Do we always have to tag spoilers or only spoilers for more recent stuff?

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
Found this on Vampire Knight wikia:
"Kaname was the third character design completed with a professional look. His personality was defined after Yuki's and he was created "as if there are no blanks left" unlike other characters still maturing, such as Yuki. Matsuri Hino describes Kaname as possessing her bad side."
Created "as if there are no blanks left."

I didn't like his fiance/brother thing with Yuki either. I found it so creepy. I know, it just is what it is and that's the way it is in the story but it's still so creepy.

I'm not sure though if we have to use spoiler tags as this anime has been released like... three years ago but... o.o What's the policy in here? Do we always have to tag spoilers or only spoilers for more recent stuff?

Yeah that pretty much sums up what I thought.
I found the whole Kaname is Yuki's brother and fiance situation rather disgusting/creepy. I do not go for that kind of thing., but like you said it is part of the story.
I am not sure whether to put spoiler tags or not because most of it was awhile ago. The only recent stuff is from the manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back