• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Utada's 8th studio album "BAD MODE" to release Jan. 19, features ”Face My Fears”

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Four years after the release of their previous album, Hikaru Utada will be releasing their 8th studio album "BAD MODE" digitally on January 19th and physically on February 23rd.

Kingdom Hearts fans will be pleased to know that "Face My Fears" from Kingdom Hearts 3 will be featured on the upcoming album.

Utada's 8th studio album will also feature songs like "Kimini Muchuu" from the TBS Friday night drama Saiai, "One Last Kiss" from EVANGELION 3.0 + 1.0 Thrice Upon A Time, "Find Love" from SHISEIDO's global campaign "POWER IS YOU" where Utada serves as a representative, "Time" from the NTV Sunday drama Bishoku Tantei Akechi Goro, "PINK BLOOD" from the popular anime To Your Eternity, and "Darenimo Iwanai" from the SUNTORY Tennensui commerical featuring Utada. There will also be brand new songs, including the unreleased title track "BAD MODE", alongside bonus remix tracks.

The Single-Run Limited Edition CD will be bundled with DVD and Blu-ray that contain “Hikaru Utada Live Sessions from Air Studios” concert and behind-the-scenes documentary of the show, along with music videos of “Time,” “One Last Kiss,” “PINK BLOOD,” “Kimini Muchuu,” and “BAD MODE.” This is sure to be a must-have item for the fans! Stay tuned!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts III, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, and all things Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You!

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Exceptionally glad we only have to wait just over a month for this to drop

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Right? I thought I would explode from waiting for Hatsukoi, and that was only 2 months between announcement and release lol (to be fair the rumors had been around long before then after Fantome but still)

phoenixmiko

Awards
Sweet, Utada has been on fire lately. PINK BLOOD actually replaced Beautiful World as my new favorite song from her :)
I'm happy Utada is coming out with new albums at the moment. That lady is one of my favourite J-pop artists. Her music is awesome.

phoenixmiko

Awards

I'm relieved we don't have to wait long for her new stuff. It makes me think that could also happen for any KH songs she releases in future and that is exciting. I'm happy she's not on hiatus and still making music, given the current pandemic.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm relieved we don't have to wait long for her new stuff. It makes me think that could also happen for any KH songs she releases in future and that is exciting. I'm happy she's not on hiatus and still making music, given the current pandemic.
Yeah, any new song they release will be exciting. I hope they do make a return to KH, but they don’t need to if they decide not to. They seem to feel happier about their music now.

shuyin_zer0

Awards
BAD Mode (full video):

This has very quickly become one of my favourite of their albums--the new tracks are basically "Exodus 2" and I am HERE for it lol. Was also nice to see them perform a couple Exodus songs during the stream this morning

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Listening through it right now. I already know it's a great album because of all the stellar singles being collected here.
The new tracks are just as great, and there's a big electronic influence that's kind of calling back to Exodus, and I loved Exodus.
Already listened to Face My Fears (Japanese Version), but I'm not really hearing a difference?
Not sure if anyone else here’s a fan of Floating Points but it appears he (co?)produced 3 of the tracks, totally unexpected collaboration 🔥🔥🔥

He's on BAD Mode, Kibunjanaino and Somewhere Near Marseilles
A.G. Cook is also credited in Kimi ni Muchuu and One Last Kiss
Both London-based, so it looks like Utada wanted local talent for this album.

Obukuro Nariaki is on Time, Darenimo Iwanai and Find Love. Utada co-produced and featured on his debut album in 2018.

Noivern

Awards
I'm completely enamored with this record, it has surpassed Fantome as my favorite Hikki album. The new songs are amazing and the previous singles were all stellar.

My ONE complaint is that we still don't have an acoustic version of Face My Fears so I don't have to put up with that horrible dubstep. The A.G. Cook scratches some of that itch, though, specially considering I love PC music.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Album is excellent, production is top-notch. Particularly enjoying the synth/atmospheric work from Floating Points. Not a huge fan of the new mix of Face My Fears (original), though. Or the remix.

Find Love and Not In the Mood… 👌👌👌

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yeah, don't care for this remix now that I've heard it. A shame since it started off so well.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

New album, BAD Mode, with new vocals of both versions and a new remix:
SOMEONE ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I CAN BUY OR DOWNLOAD THE LIVE VERSION OF FACE MY FEARS IN THE HIGHEST QUALITY POSSIBLE!?!!?!? OMFG!!!!!!!!! UTADA YOU BOSS YOU BOSS' BOSS' BOSS!!!!!!!

Phew.

Anyway, I listened to the AG Cook Remix of Face My Fears and I think it's nice depending on the mood I'm in... although, and people will probably disagree with this, but... I feel like if they re-arranged and cut the remix (like the Ray of Light Simple and Clean remix), it would actually be a really good intro video theme for a KH side game in Quadratum. Something about it feels otherworldly yet familiar, so I think that would really suit a game set/focused on Quadratum.

Back