• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Utada Hikaru's new song for KINGDOM HEARTS 3: "Oath"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

shuyin_zer0

Awards
Re: Utada Hikaru's new song for KINGDOM HEARTS 3: "Oath"

You can definitely tell Oath was written first as it sounds like Don’t Think Twice’s lyrics are trying to fit the melody but are a bit “rushed” if you know what I mean. Imo the songs aren’t as good as Forevermore or Anata but they’re still really good!

Last edited:

shuyin_zer0

Awards

Aaaand Utada’s team have announced the official title of “Oath” as the Japanese word “Chikai.” The title won’t be translated to English a la Hikari and her more recent works.

Heartkeeper

Awards

I didn't like the song, or the stuff we can hear anyway, obviously is not the full song. In Japanese is OK I guess but in English.. there is something about the way Utada is singing, is not licking with me. The melody and the rhythm is not clicking with me either and it sounds more like a song for the credits than the opening.

I guess I will wait for the full song and how is implemented in the game to pass final judgment.
[h=3][/h]

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

Oh my Riku finally got a design I like I'm happy! Ahhh and monster Sora looks so good too phew, was worried about that. So adorable. Oh man. Not a fan of the new song on first listen, but it'll probably grow on me, it's not bad either. Everything looks so good, there's Vani?? I'm actually more hyped than I expected. Nice. Gimme the game now.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

maybe it just me but i dont think utada did a pop style of the song like in the past kh games

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

One thing I didn't realize until watching the trailer multiple times (because sight was always somewhere else) is that both Mickey and Riku now have the same checkerboard-pattern in their clothes as Ventus and Roxas have on their wristbands.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards

I have a feeling that Riku abandoned his "Way to Dawn" Keyblade because he has finally found a way to reach "dawn" and is leaving it to show someone else the "way".

So...new Keyblade gonna be "dawn" style somehow? Haha I dunno...

Considering the dawn part of the keyblade was kind of angelic I assume his Keyblade might be sorta angel wingy looking. Kinda looking forward to it.

Smithee

Awards

Unpopular opinion: It's average at best, especially compared to Simple And Clean and Sanctuary.

Xagzan

Awards

Don't Think Twice?

Oh god, as if I didn't have Michael Jackson stuck in my head enough already :p

Sounds good though. Different than the other two. Such an interesting rhythm, even wilder than Passion's.

Cakeberry

The new song reminds me so much of the songs from Utada's "Fantome" album! Which isn't a bad thing, because I didn't dislike even one song on that album lol. It really gives me a sort of bittersweet vibe. Like, I can really feel the 'conclusion' in this song. I really like what I heard tbh; it made me emotional, especially while watching the compilation of clips from the latest trailer. I just really wonder if this is going to be played in the opening or not? Either way, I can't wait to see the full opening with this song (or whatever variation/remix of it there'll be)!

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

LISTEN I AM DYING FROM JOY.

(& instantly revived only to be slayed again)

Ugh, so happy! *u*

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

i dont think we going to get a remix anymore because when the last time did a remix besides rey of hope?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

I haven't read the other comments yet, so I don't know if this has been said, but I'm gonna make a big guess here.

We will get an explanation for how Riku got the Soul Eater and it's through time travel shenanigans.

Riku's "other self" is referring to his KH1 self, who is in Xehanort's Org. XIII. Remember that in DDD, Riku refers to the young black-coated Riku as himself.

KH1 Riku will find the broken Way to Dawn, and "fix" the weapon. Restoring the bat wing but losing the others.

When KH1 Riku goes back to his proper time, he'll forget what happened but the Soul Eater stays because heart.

Recon

Art of War
Awards

I didn't like the song, or the stuff we can hear anyway, obviously is not the full song. In Japanese is OK I guess but in English.. there is something about the way Utada is singing, is not licking with me. The melody and the rhythm is not clicking with me either and it sounds more like a song for the credits than the opening.

I guess I will wait for the full song and how is implemented in the game to pass final judgment.

Personally I think the lyrics are fine. The way she expresses and conveys her singing is fine. However, the slow drum beat is sort of ruining the moment. It's a slow tempo song, which sort of indicates "This is it. This is the end" but the song is hardly anything to get "excited" for.

Unpopular opinion: It's average at best, especially compared to Simple And Clean and Sanctuary.

Agreed. Oath/Don't Think Twice is not up-beat and the piano notes indicates the end of the trilogy + side stories.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I definitely like the song but it pales in comparison to Simple & Clean and Sanctuary. This song sounds perfect as an end credits song, but as the main theme of the game itself? It's not upbeat enough in my opinion. I like how it fits the sense of finality that KH3 has, but again, as the theme of the entire game, I'm not totally digging it the way I do with the previous two songs.

gibbs615

I heard the song & it DOES sound pretty tight and i'm glad its still Utada!

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

my problem if then if there a upbeat version of the song i think it ruins the whole song i get there need to be upbeat song but looking back at simple and clean and passion end song those were already upbeat to begin with i just don't think making oath a upbeat song a good idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back