• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Username Request Thread 2.0: Please read the OP!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
do i still get free name changes or do i gotta pound a few beers and write a haphazardly written essay about kingdom hearts in which i strongly imply that mickey is rounding up all the main characters to place them into fema camps ?

well, that'd certainly be something to read

if I said no, would you have written it?

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Un-Punny New Years Story v. 0.2

Approaching the bridge under the night sky, the moon had hung high shone with a serene glow. The ominous following of the wind circulated across the way, this was the town long since erased from time itself. The clocktower in view, 11:59 PM; the thought crossed her mind as she set across the way. As the clock perpetuated a tick, so did the bridge begin to crumble, the new year brought with it travesty and collapse as the rubble fell from the heavens and into the chasm below.

The clock itself toned heavy, ringing similar to a gong a maximum of about 12 times as an indication of the time. This was the new year, offering this highlight that was far from delightful. The woman looked over, her way through was cut off, releasing a deep breath and sigh she looked to the stars above. A glimmer of hope was upon her as she reached towards The Darkness only to find it too was out of reach. (Project Destati why you do dis??)

As her eyes were reinvigorated, her body leaned over the edge of the chasm as to take the plunge. Below she traveled, sliding down rock and rubble into unwarranted dangers that awaited. The surroundings were haphazard and dangerous, the ruins of what she perceived to be a long since forgotten town. The silence was broken by her footsteps, these same footsteps began to multiply and from the shadows that surrounded her came an enemy she'd known for what seemed timeless.

Heartless.

Feral, mindless, and sprawling creatures that joined the fray. She responded with intrepidity, the shadows multiplied and swirled under the surface and were perpetually invincible. Frustrated and on edge, the warrior held fast for the upcoming moments they would descend upon her without mercy. Low and behold, as their attack became that of a siege, twisting into an extrapolating vortex moving rapidly and ever closing the gap. Standing at the ready, projecting a barrier as they billowed around it, viciously scratching and clawing, as a spell shot up through the center. The heartless toppled over and some dissipated into black puddles, left with only the piercing gaze from the woman.

"Heres to another year of darkness...a not so Happy New Year." she said, bracing for their next advance.

Author's Notes:
-0.2 fan interpretation
-Featuring 2-3 puns, because 8 months later, no Darkness EP ;~;
-Thats was pretty fun to write honestly

Desired name: Sexual Healing [Favorite Marvin Gaye Song]

Last edited:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Falling.

All he could remember was... falling. He darted his eyes around the complex, and wondered where he was. Slender, black fingers presented themselves in his field of vision, and he had an uncontrollable full-body twitch that permeated through the unfamiliar veins. He tried to just stand still for five seconds but... he couldn't. He saw himself, in the reflection of a waterfall... this must have been Hollow Bastion.

Two beaming yellow eyes, almost like headlights, seemed to burst out of his skull. Or, was he even real? His body didn't feel concrete, as if he had lost control of all but his thoughts. If he had a skull, he didn't feel it had a set shape; rather, he was amorphous, from 3D to 2D in no time flat. He remembered a name earlier, Hollow Bastion... a name he had remembered from a visit past. But, he wasn't "him" per say; he felt an alien body preside over him, a foot tall black, stumpy little creature he had once called by a single name.

... Shadows is what he he looked like. S... S... Shadow... was this what he was called? No... he remembered a name. He certainly had one...

"starts with an S"...

He decided to head upwards, towards the large tower in the center of this world. Is this the bastion he knew? What bastion could create such sorrow, what bastion could take one's body away like that? How did he know it was taken, and not given? Perhaps this name was ironic... ironic, what does that word mean? A thousand thoughts flooded his head, and he knew his thoughts would never shut up. He needed to find out how he got here. All he remembers is a pool of black... darkness?

Darkness... darkness was what he was. A shadow, that must be it. He opens the door, and sees a flood of his kind. A strange duck-like creature and what appears to be a talking dog fight off the creature, and he reviles in horror as the damage done to them is revealed. He sees a woman with a familiar warmth that he remembers... does she know his name?

He steps forward, in the twitchy, winding motion that he does, and backs off as the duck begins to beat him with the staff. A warm, familiar light suddenly envelops him as he's transformed. A warm, red-haired beauty appears, and the words come back to him.

"Sora, that must've been it."

EDIT: Her arms wrapped around his waist, she pulls him tight as she vows to protect him. Her eyes are wet, and he draws her closer as he sputters the word "Kairi" from his mouth. His eyes set in place, his body is solid; he must be back where he originally belonged.

Her light grows warmer as the two of them embrace in that timeless second, both enjoying each other's presence. As the atmosphere softens, he goes to his friends and thanks them, and stares longingly at the girl he considered his best friend, eyes wet with tears not yet wept.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on their island, she heads over to a dark cave. Here is where her, Riku, and Sora used to draw, used to play. She notices tons of drawings, seemingly almost foreshadowing what was to come in their travels. She heads over to a drawing she had collaborated on with Sora in her youth, with one big difference: he drew in a Paopu Fruit, in what seems like recently.

Her eyes well up with tears, as she stares at the drawing and begins to light up.

"I'll find you, Sora. Wherever you are."

She draws a Paopu Fruit on the other side of the drawing and exits the cave, eyes full of tears.

My first attempt at a short story in years, hope y'all enjoy :D

Username Request: GronoTRIGGERED

I wish this could have been longer, maybe I'll work on it and send it into the creative writing section eventually :D

Last edited:

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
^ Imo that brought a tear to my eye. Please visit the Creative Section eventually, I'd like to see more. :)

Ventus_

Awards
Man. It's gonna be a while before I'm a bronze member. :p
At least there are worse names I could have to live with until then.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
4 free name changes for the 4th to honor the freedom of our glorious un-united states of ameritrump

Make sure it is something you really want because you'll have to wait 6 months to get it changed.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
I'd probably just do the essay for fun when I get legendary anyway... need to get back on writing things

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
You know, I was a little afraid at first, but now I'm ready. No matter where I go or what I see, I know I can always come back here. Right?

He had contemplated this line for hours on end, Kairi’s words ringing through his skull with piercing dissonance.

Here he was, in a familiar place he thought was only a dream. He stood on a large panel of stained glass, and his every footstep seemed to make him shake ever so slightly for fear of the floor underneath smashing to bits, the glass crunching and slowly growing black. Here he was, his thoughts murky and his fears material.

Sora found a spot where metal lines carefully divided and framed several substantial portions of the portrait and rest his weary body on the intersection, carefully placing each foot on a metal line that separated the glass and resting his hands, put together, on one more line placed underneath his head and back. He began by sobbing, tracking where he may have went wrong in his analysis, but eventually resorted to a snarky, chirpy attitude about the situation, oddly blasé and yet fitting to Sora’s take on the matter.

Why they had kept him alive for so long was his first question. It was not that Sora thought that he would ever get to speak with Xehanort, but in his curiosity he felt inclined to at least try to get a chat in. He saw himself moving in this space, sitting and pulsing, yet his body fell limp. It was a strange paralysis, that.

The Organization seemed ever-the-more clandestine, with their every word untrusting and their every intention bent on stretching the truth. Xehanort, or whoever that young man really was, seemed equally aware of the enigmatic nature of his role in The Organization, yet seemed ultimately willing to make sure that every step of his elder self’s goal had fallen into the perfect little slot he had intended it to. Sora had a strange hope that something or someone unlikely would intervene but did not take his optimism too much to heart. It seemed like this was the end of the road for him – maybe this was a battle that he wouldn’t be able to walk away from.

In the hours of sobbing came reflection and regret, and in that regret he cursed that raft he had made with his friends. He wishes that he could tell Kairi the same thing now, that he would always come back for her. He wasn’t as afraid back then as he was now, because he didn’t believe that he’d actually lose her or Riku. But now… let’s just say that he wasn’t as optimistic about that now.

“The first thing I’ll do when I get back is bite that Paopu fruit”, Sora said to himself. “That way she'll know that I’ll always go back there, right?”

Sora silently sobbed to himself as the light on the panel slowly turned darker and darker.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ah, well there's a short story that I'll continue to work on for a story thread. For now, here it is for the name change thread like my first short story!

I want my name changed to just Grono instead of GronoTRIGGERED if you can :D

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
You know, I was a little afraid at first, but now I'm ready. No matter where I go or what I see, I know I can always come back here. Right?

He had contemplated this line for hours on end, Kairi’s words ringing through his skull with piercing dissonance.

Here he was, in a familiar place he thought was only a dream. He stood on a large panel of stained glass, and his every footstep seemed to make him shake ever so slightly for fear of the floor underneath smashing to bits, the glass crunching and slowly growing black. Here he was, his thoughts murky and his fears material.

Sora found a spot where metal lines carefully divided and framed several substantial portions of the portrait and rest his weary body on the intersection, carefully placing each foot on a metal line that separated the glass and resting his hands, put together, on one more line placed underneath his head and back. He began by sobbing, tracking where he may have went wrong in his analysis, but eventually resorted to a snarky, chirpy attitude about the situation, oddly blasé and yet fitting to Sora’s take on the matter.

Why they had kept him alive for so long was his first question. It was not that Sora thought that he would ever get to speak with Xehanort, but in his curiosity he felt inclined to at least try to get a chat in. He saw himself moving in this space, sitting and pulsing, yet his body fell limp. It was a strange paralysis, that.

The Organization seemed ever-the-more clandestine, with their every word untrusting and their every intention bent on stretching the truth. Xehanort, or whoever that young man really was, seemed equally aware of the enigmatic nature of his role in The Organization, yet seemed ultimately willing to make sure that every step of his elder self’s goal had fallen into the perfect little slot he had intended it to. Sora had a strange hope that something or someone unlikely would intervene but did not take his optimism too much to heart. It seemed like this was the end of the road for him – maybe this was a battle that he wouldn’t be able to walk away from.

In the hours of sobbing came reflection and regret, and in that regret he cursed that raft he had made with his friends. He wishes that he could tell Kairi the same thing now, that he would always come back for her. He wasn’t as afraid back then as he was now, because he didn’t believe that he’d actually lose her or Riku. But now… let’s just say that he wasn’t as optimistic about that now.

“The first thing I’ll do when I get back is bite that Paopu fruit”, Sora said to himself. “That way she'll know that I’ll always go back there, right?”

Sora silently sobbed to himself as the light on the panel slowly turned darker and darker.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ah, well there's a short story that I'll continue to work on for a story thread. For now, here it is for the name change thread like my first short story!

I want my name changed to just Grono instead of GronoTRIGGERED if you can :D
Give this man the name, do it. The story he wrote deserves it.

Nyx Winters

The Dawn Fox
Awards
"you know i did think you'd be smarter then this hahaha" a chuckle rang out through the darkness, Sora body aching from his defeat whipped his head around in search of the voice that seemed to echo from every direction "hey! who said that!" demanded the Hero of light summoning the kingdom key to his side as a shock of pang ran through his injured body "oh just me, old harmless me" the unknown voice quipped stepping closer to our hero a figure emerged into view concealed in a long black coat except for his cheeky smile. Sora stepped back in shock "another person infected by xehanort i dont know how much longer i can keep my strength up" stepping back in preparation for a fight, more blood ran down his leg, his body barely able to stand from his last duel in the war.

The hooded figure gave a small snort at the battle stance of the young keyblade warrior " Sora i'm not here to fight you, if you can even fight in your condition oh let me help you with that curaza" a solemn but strong whisper of magic whipped up a storm of curing magic healing over the cracked ribs and open slashes on the heroes body "Now for who i am they yous to call me the master of masters or MoM affectionately haha but you might call me something else son" he chuckled sliding off his pitch black hood revealing a spiked brown haired man grinning at him like an idiot, ageing had laid cracked thin lines across his face accompanied by small white scars, his radiant blue eyes were dulled with streaks of stormy gray cracks ,the most clear aspect was his obnoxious smile, It made him appear quite youthful and laid back somewhat even goofy.

Sora stared on in shock he had never met his father but his mother had kept a portrait of the two of them in their living room he had stared at it for hours as a child wondering if he'd ever meet him, making up stories and tales and imagining the day he'd finally meet him all the things he'd tell him but he couldn't speak a word just look at him in silent shock :d-dad?"

thats all for now folks i kinda enjoyed that hahaha might keep writing it :D anyway i was wondering if i could change my name to Nyx Winters

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Ansem sat at his desk thoroughly engrossed in the string of words. His mind riddled with the mysteries of the heart and the many experiments he'd undertaken with the couthless ruffians of yore. Sitting, the sovereign of radiant garden, a much younger man who had become a whisked away as a victim to time itself. There he was, locked in thoughts, filled with a potent curiosity and the double-edged sword of grief. The people of his failed experiments upon extracting the hearts from innocent men and woman who volunteered, beneath the castle and forever changed.

"Master?" A tap at the door, he was the youngest among them. "May I have a moment of your time Master Ansem."

A slight tilt of his eyes, drifting from their grief to shine a glimmer of light and tenderness to his youth. "Young Ienzo please, what brings you here? Is that for me?" his eyes widened, encapsulated in a whimsical state of surprise to see him with two, count them two, seasalt ice cream. As Ienzo approached his neutral expression shifted ever so slightly, with a slight smile as he presented the master with one of the two ice creams.

"You've been working so hard master. Please, have this. You deserve a break, really." he spoke humbly, softly, and his exposed eye shut with a tint of a smile shone through innocently enough. "We're worried about you...we're also worried...about Xehanort..."

Quickly did his eyes grow cold, a slight change as the waters of concern filled his apprentice. He watched as his sleeve was used to brush gently past his face with the use of his white coat. "Xehanort. My my, what has your colleague done now Ienzo?" his voice was warm, but stern and he leaned forward while holding the ice cream just to the right in his left hand.

"Please don't tell anyone master, but he's been monologuing alone some nights, sometimes theres nobody there...I don't know if he's talking to himself, talking within himself or to someone, but he's been saying...really strange things." there was a quiver in Ienzo's bottom lip. "Saying things about a door to darkness...about keeping the other 'me' under lock and key...that he'd need to try an experiment..."

Ansem's face conveyed a collected concern, but his mind was alert, alarmed even. So it appeared he'd begun to annunciate in private experiments without his consent? He'd wager that Xehanort was no fool and that his colleagues would tell him, but it was not the time to act. For the time he would merely observe him from afar. He was rather too familiar with Briag from their passings, the two were almost always together so he had to consider him as a co-conspirator. In the days to unfold, the truth would be revealed, but until then--

He nibbled at the very end of the bar, and made such a sour expression as he shivered. "Sour...yet sweet." he said, to break the neutral expression of his youngest apprentice into an air fueled with laughter.

Authors Notes: Well that was fun.

Personal take a fan-driven conversation between Ansem The Wise and Apprentice Ienzo.

Edit: Wow Grono was right, how did I miss that lol? Went back and corrected Zexion to Ienzo.

I just want to go on record and say I do not want a name change at all actually. I would love to use this post to donate to anyone that would like a name-change just in the spirit of the season. If the staff will allow this request, please give this post + name change to someone with 999 post or less that is ultimately dissatisfied with their name-choice but don't meet the 1k credentials for a change with a story :) if you're willing to honor this request, I leave it up to you guys to determine who you would give it to if that be the case.

Last edited:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Ansem sat at his desk thoroughly engrossed in the string of words. His mind riddled with the mysteries of the heart and the many experiments he'd undertaken with the couthless ruffians of yore. Sitting, the sovereign of radiant garden, a much younger man who had become a whisked away as a victim to time itself. There he was, locked in thoughts, filled with a potent curiosity and the double-edged sword of grief. The people of his failed experiments upon extracting the hearts from innocent men and woman who volunteered, beneath the castle and forever changed.

"Master?" A tap at the door, he was the youngest among them. "May I have a moment of your time Master Ansem."

A slight tilt of his eyes, drifting from their grief to shine a glimmer of light and tenderness to his youth. "Young Zexion please, what brings you here? Is that for me?" his eyes widened, encapsulated in a whimsical state of surprise to see him with two, count them two, seasalt ice cream. As Zexion approached his neutral expression shifted ever so slightly, with a slight smile as he presented the master with one of the two ice creams.

"You've been working so hard master. Please, have this. You deserve a break, really." he spoke humbly, softly, and his exposed eye shut with a tint of a smile shone through innocently enough. "We're worried about you...we're also worried...about Xehanort..."

Quickly did his eyes grow cold, a slight change as the waters of concern filled his apprentice. He watched as his sleeve was used to brush gently past his face with the use of his white coat. "Xehanort. My my, what has your colleague done now Zexion?" his voice was warm, but stern and he leaned forward while holding the ice cream just to the right in his left hand.

"Please don't tell anyone master, but he's been monologuing alone some nights, sometimes theres nobody there...I don't know if he's talking to himself, talking within himself or to someone, but he's been saying...really strange things." there was a quiver in Zexion's bottom lip. "Saying things about a door to darkness...about keeping the other 'me' under lock and key...that he'd need to try an experiment..."

Ansem's face conveyed a collected concern, but his mind was alert, alarmed even. So it appeared he'd begun to annunciate in private experiments without his consent? He'd wager that Xehanort was no fool and that his colleagues would tell him, but it was not the time to act. For the time he would merely observe him from afar. He was rather too familiar with Briag from their passings, the two were almost always together so he had to consider him as a co-conspirator. In the days to unfold, the truth would be revealed, but until then--

He nibbled at the very end of the bar, and made such a sour expression as he shivered. "Sour...yet sweet." he said, to break the neutral expression of his youngest apprentice into an air fueled with laughter.

Authors Notes: Well that was fun.

Personal take a fan-driven conversation between Ansem The Wise and Apprentice Zexion.

I just want to go on record and say I do not want a name change at all actually. I would love to use this post to donate to anyone that would like a name-change just in the spirit of the season. If the staff will allow this request, please give this post + name change to someone with 999 post or less that is ultimately dissatisfied with their name-choice but don't meet the 1k credentials for a change with a story :) if you're willing to honor this request, I leave it up to you guys to determine who you would give it to if that be the case.

1. That was amazing!
2. That's super sweet too! Someone needs to take you up on this!
3. It's Ienzo ya goofball :p

Back