• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Useless New Year's Resolutions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I don't know if anybody made a topic about this, but I feel like 2015 might be the same as any other year. What's the point of making a New Year's resolution, if you're not going to follow through with them? I mean, every year is the same with me, I make a goal, yet something happens and the goal never gets done.

Has anybody ever been through this? I just don't seem to get motivated to stay with my goals.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
The problem with New Year's resolutions is that they are fundamentally "I'll do it tomorrow" statements. Sure, some people actually will do it "tomorrow," but most will put it off until the tomorrow that never comes.

The best thing to do if you have a goal is to work towards it in the present, not as a future prospect.

Shawty

Awards
The problem with New Year's resolutions is that they are fundamentally "I'll do it tomorrow" statements. Sure, some people actually will do it "tomorrow," but most will put it off until the tomorrow that never comes.

The best thing to do if you have a goal is to work towards it in the present, not as a future prospect.

This. What also helps, is making an actual list of goals you want to achieve, and check them off. Keep track of them by writing down what you've done and what you should/plan to do to get closer to the goal. For example, if you want to lose x amount of weight, keep a food and work out diary.

I keep a journal and I wrote down as one of my goals to get into my city's art academy. The things I need to do to achieve this I have written down; make more art to fill my portfolio (I actually made a schedule of when I should draw, because mostly my motivation's hard to find, by sticking to a schedule you'll find that getting into a rhythm will motivate you more), find inspirations and collect pictures to put in my journal, sketch ideas whenever I come up with them, do research to find out what they're looking for.

Hopefully this helps you since you're actively working on your resolutions in the present, but you're also looking at the future and seeing the progress you make will motivate you to get there faster.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
This. What also helps, is making an actual list of goals you want to achieve, and check them off. Keep track of them by writing down what you've done and what you should/plan to do to get closer to the goal. For example, if you want to lose x amount of weight, keep a food and work out diary.

I keep a journal and I wrote down as one of my goals to get into my city's art academy. The things I need to do to achieve this I have written down; make more art to fill my portfolio (I actually made a schedule of when I should draw, because mostly my motivation's hard to find, by sticking to a schedule you'll find that getting into a rhythm will motivate you more), find inspirations and collect pictures to put in my journal, sketch ideas whenever I come up with them, do research to find out what they're looking for.

Hopefully this helps you since you're actively working on your resolutions in the present, but you're also looking at the future and seeing the progress you make will motivate you to get there faster.

Everything takes time, you can only get there by step by step.

Shawty

Awards
Everything takes time, you can only get there by step by step.

Well, of course. But that's why I said seeing the progress you make will motivate you to get there faster, not meaning you will get there faster, but it will motivate you to work harder on achieving the things you want to achieve.

noxy

I'm more committed to my goal of losing weight and being healthy, but I'm also going to be 30 soon. In 2 weeks. Hitting this huge (unwanted) milestone in my life has really been a big wake-up call for me.

Also my boyfriend has off the charts high bad cholesterol so he has to be on a diet of sorts too. Which helps a lot. It makes me more conscious of what I cook since I tend to focus more on his health needs than my own (long story).

The only other big resolution I/we made is really buckling down on our spending and opening a savings account. At a different bank. That way neither of us can touch it. As soon as he gets his Pell Grant money, we're going to sit down and figure out exactly how much we spend on bills each month and then I'm going to label envelopes for different things like groceries, entertainment/drinking, & gas/metro Card. And there will be a set amount of money in each one and that's what we have for the month to spend on those things.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
The past seven months have been difficult for me. I have been counseling my appointments, because I am too 'lazy' to get out of bed. My depression has probably gotten worse, because of it. It's just I feel like sulking in a corner, because I have lost some people close to me this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back