• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

USB Devices not Recognized?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
Recently all my USB devices have ceased to worki on my laptop, anything I plug in either freezes(usually the printer or my psp) the computer or a little window pops up saying this. The unknown device is the mouse which has worked for over a year and yesterday it just stopped working.

I tried to do a system restore to Monday but it didn't work. I also tried uninstalling the USB root hubs and restarting, which didn't work either. I also tried letting the laptop sit over night without the battery or power cord but that only fix my LCD monitor and not the USBs.

I also tried booting into safe mode but couldn't for whatever reasons, I also tried making a DWORD (DisableSelectiveSuspend) in HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Usb. That didn't work either. I also tried looking into BIOS but there is nothing there that helps enable USB ports.

I have an Acer Travelmate 2450 but I don't know how to get all the OS info on it, if it would help to fix my problem then I'll try to figure something out. I just need my USBs to work again, any suggestions?

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
Is the mouse the only USB devise not recognized?
Did you just upgrade to vista? if so the mouse might not be compatible.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
Do you happen to have any other USB ports on your laptop? Otherwise, it sounds like the port has gone bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back