• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

USB Device Not Recognized

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
USB Device Not Recognized
One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.
I get this pop-up whenever i try to plug in my flash drive, external drive, or printer for the USB ports. I do have a Logitech thing that controls the keyboard and mouse, and that one works. I tried updating the drivers, and it says that there are no better drivers available. I tried uninstalling them and restarting the computer, and the problem is still there. What should i do now? My brother said that i should uninstall the driver software on Windows and then reinstall it, but I'm not sure if it will automatically reinstall, and if it doesn't, I don't know where to get it.

Erebus Kronos

Godess of the Titan's
Have you check if the drive might be the problem? Meaning the drive I mean the port where you plug the USB into. My comp did the same thing. As for the Uninstalling an reinstalling you might want to go to microsoft.com. They might have something there, thats if you have windows.

D

Deleted member 36435

Some USB devices, (E.G. PS3 Controller) don't work on PC's. Sometimes, you need to DL programs off the internet.

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
In the case of usb-storage devices, mostly flash drives, you don't need to 'download' drivers for them.
This is because the drivers are on the device itself. The drivers cannot be removed, most of the time.. so the chance of actually accidently 'deleting' such is null.

So you should easily be able to uninstall and 'reinstall' the drivers for the flash drives.
(Just connecting the device, windows should find the drivers.)

The one device you will have the most trouble with is the usb-printer..

~~Azurith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back