• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ursula's Cauldron

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeventhSavage

I'm playing on Proud mode in KH Final Mix, and I have quite the problem. I've made it all the way to the first fight with Ursula in Atlantica and I know that all you have to do is do magic on the cauldron to stun her, but i can't because no matter what I do I can not lock onto the cauldron. You can't attack it at all unless you're locked onto it. If I try to shoot magic in it's direction It automatically shoots toward Flotsam or Jetsam, and even Thunder doesn't affect it no matter how I try. So I figured whatever I'll just attack her normally, cause it still does damage just very very slowly. And after an hour of literally hitting her twice and dodging the spin attack, she's down to a fifth of the last bar of health, and she stops taking any damage. And I look into it and you can't even kill her without attacking the cauldron. So I have no idea if i'm just doing something wrong or if my game is broken, and it's driving me insane! Any ideas?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Try switching lock on with L2 or R2.

By cycling through all available targets, you should eventually get to target the cauldron.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Unfortunately I have, That was the first thing I tried

Are you sure that L2 and R2 are fully functional? This may sound silly, but I remember back when I had a PS2 that my L2 and R2 buttons stopped working eventually. Maybe it's that? Otherwise, I don't quite know how to do that right now :/

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Maybe try aiming Blizzard in the direction of the cauldron? I can't remember if Thunder would cause damage, or if it would only cause a little while simultaneously turning on the spin attack (and she would immediately throw something else in the cauldron).

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
As soon as the fight starts, dive to the floor of the grotto and lock on. It should only hit the cauldron.

Also, please keep in mind, attacking the cauldron just once isn't going to do anything. You have to keep hitting it with magic, without mercy. It may not seem like anything is happening, but you have to build it up. ( I suspect this is your actual problem)

SeventhSavage

In the beginning of the fight it locks on just fine but after two hits with any magic it automatically unlocks and never will again, Blizzard and thunder are the only ones that look like they hit the cauldron, but even after constant attacks in this unlocked way, going through several full bars of magic, nothing happens.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
In the beginning of the fight it locks on just fine but after two hits with any magic it automatically unlocks and never will again, Blizzard and thunder are the only ones that look like they hit the cauldron, but even after constant attacks in this unlocked way, going through several full bars of magic, nothing happens.

It's still a waiting game, how many bars of magic do you have?

khfreak

i cant lock on to ursulas cauldron n no matter how many times i try it doesnt. thank goodness, i thought i was the only one with this problem

appleboy82791

Awards
I just have a couple of things of say that haven't been mentioned yet.

First, don't waste your MP with thunder magic at all. Remove it from your shortcut menu for this fight, it's useless. You just need fire and blizzard. Those are the only 2 magic spells that affect the cauldron. Why were you using thunder before?

Second, are you making sure to use the correct magic at the correct time? When the cauldron is red, use fire. When it's blue, use blizzard. Sometimes it's also just blank because Ursula hasn't changed its color yet. When that happens just wait or use that time to bash Flotsam and Jetsam.

I lied. I have one more thing. Even if locking on isn't working, have you tried going all the way to the floor so that the cauldron is right beside/in front of you and using the CORRECT magic (based on the color of the cauldron) in the direction of the cauldron from there? You don't need to see the actual surface liquid in the cauldron to hit it. You can hit the side of the cauldron.

The only other thing you need to be sure to do (which has been mentioned already by Dandelion) is hit the cauldron with the correct magic several times in a row, in rapid succession so that it releases a shockwave that knocks out Ursula.

So the bottom line is... check the color of the cauldron, then go all the way to the floor, face the cauldron (if you still can't lock on), use the correct magic based on the color that you checked, use that same magic several times very quickly until you get the knockout shockwave.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The game's programming desperately needs work. I also directly face my target before locking on. It *usually* locks on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back