• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Urban Latin (Spanish) Music Genre

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Keybladerz

Spanish Music Genre:

Reggaetton (Example: Daddy Yankee)
Salsa (Example: Marc Anthony)
Bachata (Example: Aventura)
Mambo
Meregue
Cumbia

Spanish music is catchy. Im puerto rican so the only thing I listen to is reggaetton and Hip-Hop like "live your life" by TI. Though, reggaetton sounds much like hip-hop, its more like spanish hip-hop if you listen to it. What they talk about in Reggaetton doesnt differ in what they talk about in hip-hop (gangs, chicks, etc) Try listening to some you may get hooked.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
I love bachata and meregue and salsa (if i could also dance salsa id like it better). My top favorite artist are Aventura, Wisin y Yandel, Toby Love, Daddy Yankee, Marc Anthony (ofcourse before he wed with J-Lo), old Ricky Martin songs. If i new the artist of some other songs id name them but some are too older than my 16yr old self lol. Im boricua and dominicano so you know bachata is my thing

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
You only referring to urban music? You mentioned salsa and mambo, which isn't urban, so I don't know.

Well, when it comes to Latin music in general, I especially like the muzak of 50's/60's/70's Brazil what with samba jazz, bossa nova and later tropicália. Highly recommend Caetano Veloso, Os Mutantes, Tom Jobim and Gal Costa...

Also like that Peruvian 50's mambo/exotica singer, Yma Sumac.

tell me if this off topic.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Spanish music is fucking sexy. Perhaps because I have a thing for guys whispering Spanish sweettalk in my ear. Buttt, I love Spanish/Mexican romance guitar. I know it's not reggaeton, etc., but I still love it.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
does Maná count? i like him :D

and then there's this other dude.. i don't know his name but he also did the same song in english too.. i just forgot his name though.. "/

and there's other music i like a lot from latin stuff, i just don't any of there name's ^^

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
oh yeah i like him too!
there's this one song...it's called
el problema by ricardo arnoja
:D

isn't josejose like, the elivs or bob marley of latino music? :DD

Raynie

a Mean cycle, Sir
Website
zombiekunoichi.deviantart.com
isn't josejose like, the elivs or bob marley of latino music? :DD

Haha, you can say that. :D Though I know some people who'll beg to differ, really all depends.

My family is Dominican so I obviously listen to merengue, I grew up on it. Hell, I could list hundreds of groups and singers from that category that I listen to. xD My Dad used to play for Juan Luis Guerra back when he was known as Juan Luis Guerra y 440, love his music. He also played for Solano, Los Hermanos Rosario and many others. I also like Aventura, Mana is pretty good and Paulina Rubio.

I don't really like reggaeton :/ I've found only two or three of them that I can stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back