• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Upgradable Keyblades

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

12kez90

I came arcoss this video: [video=youtube;Ry8L7ti5Nww]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry8L7ti5Nww[/video]
And I wanted to hear everyone else's thoughts on this.

χBladeMaster

Destiny Islands, finally winning races against Rik
I came arcoss this video: [video=youtube;Ry8L7ti5Nww]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry8L7ti5Nww[/video]
And I wanted to hear everyone else's thoughts on this.

Hmm, well I think the reason that keyblade upgrades have such a dominant presence in KH Chi is that the game heavily emphasizes item collection. The rewards for literally everything are items that are used to upgrade your keyblade. Every other KH game is driven by story and gameplay, with item collection being a side quest for completionists. Further, upgrading your keyblade in KH Chi is the method by which you do more damage, as leveling up does not increase your stats. Other KH games are the opposite. I personally think that the keyblade transformations that will be unique to each keyblade in KH III will appeal to those who wish to see "cooler" or more aesthetic versions of each keyblade (I mean seriously, turning your keyblade into a freaking cannon? Who doesn't think that's awesome?), while leveling up will allow for more damage.

I think that leveling up and upgrading keyblades will result in being too overpowered. Perhaps leveling up the individual keyblade transformations (a la leveling up drive forms) will be more appropriate. The higher the level, the more massive and more powerful the cannon blast, etc.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
The video is a bit uninformed in two ways: 1. The system is not that simple in Re:coded and 2. it also happens in 358/2 Days, BBS and KHII (for the staffs/shields).

χBladeMaster;6247214 said:
Hmm, well I think the reason that keyblade upgrades have such a dominant presence in KH Chi is that the game heavily emphasizes item collection. The rewards for literally everything are items that are used to upgrade your keyblade. Every other KH game is driven by story and gameplay, with item collection being a side quest for completionists. Further, upgrading your keyblade in KH Chi is the method by which you do more damage, as leveling up does not increase your stats.
While there is certainly truth to this, KH [chi] is actually all about the cards, they are the driving force behind every stat. The keyblade upgrades are nice to have but they won't help you if you have bad cards. Even the skills you can attach to the cards have more influence in the battle at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back